• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually a bit concerned now that Cena's WM entrance will indeed involve some cringe worthy "Team Cenation" stuff, Rock can come out with his Hollywood agents that Cena spoke of on Raw.

WWE desperately want people not to boo Cena right?

so My guess is he will go to the ring driven by wounded soldiers or he will walk to the ring with a crowd of dying/sick kids.

He got that goddamn travel coffee mug in a whitney houston funeral photo. You KNOW that's not accident.
Pics?

Also, I still don't like Johnny Ace. He is just too awful on the mic for me to enjoy the heel antics the writers have come up with for him. Somebody with actual personality should be doing this, that person would be leaving Vicki in the dust probably.

Otunga's gimmick is much more fun, and Otunga delivers slightly better than Johnny too, just slightly though. Otunga's victory pose, and the repetition of it, are highly entertaining.

I'm actually a bit concerned now that Cena's WM entrance will indeed involve some cringe worthy "Team Cenation" stuff, Rock can come out with his Hollywood agents that Cena spoke of on Raw.
Live performance of "Invincible" with gospel singers, church choirs, John Legend, elementary school kids choir, Miami Dolphins cheerleaders, lasers, rockets, fireworks, Slash, and a special freestyle dance performed by Vince McMahon.

Is it possible to boo a children's choir? WWE poses the challenge to the WWE Universe.
I'm willing to bet they would, if anything it's like one of the most boo worthy options they could muster.

WWE desperately want people not to boo Cena right?

so My guess is he will go to the ring driven by wounded soldiers or he will walk to the ring with a crowd of dying/sick kids.
We can turn this around on Cena for making crippled people drive for him and draggin ill children around, now if Cena carries the children whilst pulling a cart of wounded soldiers then by the gods he will be beloved in Vince's mind at least.

Live performance of "Invincible" with gospel singers, church choirs, John Legend, elementary school kids choir, Miami Dolphins cheerleaders, lasers, rockets, fireworks, Slash, and a special freestyle dance performed by Vince McMahon.
Or we could just do this, the final point with Vince is the icing on the absurd cake.

As far as Cena entrances go i'll always love WM24, mainly because I joked to my friend watching with me "hey maybe the band will start playing Cena's theme for his entrance when they are done here....hang on a second".
Runner up is WM23 for pure silliness, I swear they tried to angle it as if we didn't know Cena was in the car, who else would it be?!

Judderman

drawer by drawer

ilImUBCrogVaM.gif

WM 22's chicago gangster entrance is fucking amazing, even more so because it has probably the first WWE appearance of CM Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRx_zhYy_fc

It's just....ugh. John Cena's such a cornball. I hate everything he does because of how he's been shoved down our throats. Even a good promo like the one from Raw is tarnished because it's John Cena. It'll take 7 more years of promos like that and matches like Punk/Cena MITB 2011 to repair the damage.

I just wish Cena would do...something different. You can turn on an episode of Raw from 2005 and he's the exactly same character. There is literally no difference between John Cena 2005 and John Cena 2012.

dream

What's this about broken down drug addicted conman New Jack and broken down drug addicted conman Nasty Brian Knobs getting into a shoot fight?

dream

Apparently the black broken down drug addicted conman knocked out the white broken down drug addicted conman in a backstage shoot fight. Stomped his face or something.

Anyway, here's some stuff:

The actual story on Brodus Clay is that Vince McMahon thought he was too unsafe and reckless a worker and doesn't want him out there until he's safer to work with. We don't know if this was something agents told Vince, he came up with watching on his own, or guys who worked with Clay complained to Vince about. There were eyebrows raised about Vince being strong on this issue in trying to protect talent safety and then this past week's Raw putting Henry, Rhodes and to a lesser extent Kingston in television matches when two of the three had no business being out there, and the third was pretty banged up as well. And to the same extent, it was noted that after Mysterio was backstage in San Diego on 2/13, that whenever anyone brought Rey's name up for the rest of the week they got a very negative speech. There's always been the underlying friction based on contract negotiations. Some feel because he's small he's lucky to be in. He moves merchandise like a star. He's probably No. 2 behind Cena with kids when he's out there. He was the key to the Hispanic demo and a legit huge ratings mover in that demo for years. Even as late as 2010 was the second biggest star when it comes to worldwide popularity on the roster due to his international appeal. There is also the tag on him that he's injured so often and they feel he doesn't come back from the injuries as early as they'd like. Of course, in this case, the reason he's out so long is partially because the company exercised poor judgment in having him work several matches after he blew out his bad knee and only made the problems worse. Another interesting thing regarding perception is that since Mysterio started with the company, even though he's had numerous injuries and surgeries, he's still worked more than HHH during the same period (actually considerably more), even though he had a more high flying style, started at the age of 14 and has had a longer career, but nobody ever talks about HHH being injury prone or sitting out longer than he should (nor should they). Even if you take into account that HHH stopped working full time in 2009, between 2003 and 2009, the seven years they both were working full-time, Mysterio worked more dates and missed less time due to injuries in five of those seven years (2006 and 2008 being the only years HHH missed less time). The last time Undertaker worked as much as Mysterio did in 2010 was back in 2001, so there is quite the double standard in perception.

The reason the Kharma appearance at the Rumble hasn't been followed up on is she hasn't fully recovered from giving birth and isn't yet ready to work a full-time schedule, although that should be soon and they are seemingly building a program with Phoenix. They figured keeping it short and simple at the Rumble would create a good story part for the match since people weren't expecting it.

It appears the idea is WWE wants to create the idea that Cena vs. Rock will be a battle of babyfaces and that the crowd will be mixed and take sides, which in theory is a great idea. Except it doesn't appear the crowd would be mixed anywhere, let alone in Miami. At the PPV in Milwaukee, they were doing more sign confiscating than usual. Apparently they were looking to remove any Anti-Cena signs that would be visible on camera. Also, for reasons I'm less clear of, several signs with "Boots to Asses" were confiscated. In addition, they confiscated a "Sign Tommy Dreamer" sign. Everything was so inconsistent since Cena was clearly put in a heelish position on Raw six days earlier, but maybe it worked too well, or who knows what they were thinking. They were still selling the "Cena Sux" T-shirts in the building.

Although he has not been released, Evan Bourne's being taken off the Raw open would indicate he's on very thin ice. Then putting Kingston and R-Truth together as a tag team would be a second indication.

At the PPV in Milwaukee, they were doing more sign confiscating than usual. Apparently they were looking to remove any Anti-Cena signs that would be visible on camera. Also, for reasons I'm less clear of, several signs with "Boots to Asses" were confiscated.

This kinda crap has got to stop

dream

-Regarding the New Jack fight with Brian Knobs story, this is how it was related to me. After a show last night in Largo, FL at Gasoline Alley, Knobs came into the dressing room and was giving a lot of the wrestlers an earful about how they didn't know how to work and didn't get it. Knobs then specifically told that to New Jack, saying that New Jack didn't know how to wrestle. New Jack then punched Knobs in the face, knocking him into the wall. Knobs then came back and pulled New Jack to the ground, but New Jack got up from the ground a lot faster than Knobs, and when Knobs was down, he kicked him in the face, knocking him out in front of everyone. I'm sure more versions will surface from other eye witnesses in the next few days.

God I'm just beaming from ear to ear after reading that.

RBH

The Mysterio stuff is interesting. He's been integral for the Hispanic demos on Smackdown over the years and his merchandise continues to sell, yet it never really seems like he garners that level of trust and respect from the WWE (as far as how he's booked on-screen) that he probably deserves due to his injury issues.

God I'm just beaming from ear to ear after reading that.

Already my favorite wrestling story of 2012. :)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
This kinda crap has got to stop

someone needs to break out a tape of Raw from 1997 and how Vince was all WWF DOESN'T CENSOR OUR FANS SIGNS because WCW would take people's signs for Nitro.

Actually I come to the conclusion that people that attend tv and ppv shows aren't really fans..they just want to be on tv.

I remember an episode of Nitro where it was a match going on and 2 guys got in the view of the hard camera and decided to do the torture rack on each other IN THE CROWD. The camera angle never changed.

More recently when DB got in the ring to do that promo at the start of Smackdown last night. In the background, right behind DB's head you could see some tard on a cell phone I guess to call somebody that he was on tv. He kept waving for like 2 minutes. I couldn't stop looking at it despite the focus being on DB. Eventually WWE did a tighter shot so we couldn't see that guy anymore.

- ROH has recently started using a new production truck and cameras at their most recent TV tapings. The new cameras deliver a better picture, which means that the upcoming ROH on Sinclair episodes should have a better look to them.

Credit: PW Torch

About damn time that the company who owns dozens of tv stations can finally get some new cameras to make the show look batter.

XenoRaven

What's so damn hard about having a MitB match AND a HiaC match in the same PPV? If it's about length, Shaq's not showing up, so there you go. That was going to be a crappy segment anyway.

What's so damn hard about having a MitB match AND a HiaC match in the same PPV? If it's about length, Shaq's not showing up, so there you go. That was going to be a crappy segment anyway.
It's hard work to have their giant stadium claw hold up the HIAC then have the HIAC hold up the MITB briefcase.

RBH

I can understand where they're coming from though. Alot of guys that could've been potential MITB participants (Del Rio, Christian, Barrett, Truth) are either banged up or just coming back from injury.

But from my own selfish perspective, I'd like to see MITB return to Wrestlemania.

Lord knows that last year's Wrestlemania could've used it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This post is six years old:

Agreed.

If the product is so bad, why do you guys watch every week? I know everyone gives the stock "because I want it to be good again" or "I like workers like Benoit" answers, but Benoit hasn't had a good match since Backlash 2003, and the product as a whole hasn't been good since that same PPV.

Trust me, if something good ever happens, you'll be able to download it. Stop wasting hours of your time.

WrassleGAF never changes...:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom