• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trucy and Ema confirmed for Ace Attorney 6

GSR

They wouldn't fit in the actual game, what should they even do? They could just shove them into the pre-order, non-canon bonus cases, though.

FWIW I think if any of those three were to come back, Franziska has the strongest claim. Just have her doubled down on her international work since AAI and have her pop up in Kurain investigating the country or whatever plot reason you like.

I think they're just going to have Nayuta as the prosecutor in both places though. Simon'll probably be on duty for the Japan half of case five or something.

I hope there's actually five this time, and not another arbitrary split.

They don't seem to be doing a full DLC case, and they've had three years + existing tech instead of starting from scratch like they did with AA5. I'm guessing the five cases will be proper ones.

FluxWaveZ

Oh yeah, Trucy's model does actually look significantly different from her Dual Destinies model. Overall, she looks much better.

kPshXqY.png

Christ you can't make anybody happy. Last couple games: "where's X? Where's Y? Ugggggh" now "too many returning characters, fanservice bullshit."

These games are liked as much as they are because of the characters. I love all the returning faces.

Ema's fine and all but where's Gumshoooooeeee.

There needs to be balance. The series has been lacking focus since AA4. AA5 didn't address anything from that game. It felt more like a poor apology for AA4 even though it's a good game.

Also, I'm not mad at these inclusions, but the series has been feeling a lot more "fan-servicey" since AA4 (I haven't played AAI2 yet though).

In an alternative dimension I'm playing Great Ace Attorney, full with new characters and Takumi's writing goodness. :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Guy on the right kinda looks like Robert Downey Jr.

I feel the same way. As much as I'm a fan of some these characters, I kinda want to see some new faces.

Being Pheonix's daughter, isnt it only natural she would be in this game?

Zalman

I think they usually do a good job balancing new and old characters. AA5 had Athena who has likely become a series staple. I wonder if any of these new characters will be like that or if they're "one-offs". That's the vibe I get from them, at least.

Lusankya

There's also the first footage of Trucy in AA6.

erX3hvz.gif
UfDvQJh.gif

Everyone's so happy. Jesus is in the game singing at the witness bench and even the prosecutor's all calm and serene. At least Phoenix's promo face is angry. And that spirit girl doesn't smile much.

Who's gonna bring the aggro.

I'll have to compare her AA5 and AA6 models; wonder if they changed anything to her like they did to Phoenix.

Phoenix shows enough anger for all of them!

They changed Trucy's model quite a bit:
AA:DD
orZ8MPL.jpg

AA6
f5Ld3fz.png

Different coloring, a more lighter blue. Different shading on the cape, etc. Especially her eyes look so different, I really like her new model. Her arms are little bit too thin, though.

Edit: Oh, I should always check the last page before posting. Sorry!

LOL at the hat.

She can even let a rabbit appear beneath it....
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/6/video/character_13.mp4

FWIW I think if any of those three were to come back, Franziska has the strongest claim. Just have her doubled down on her international work since AAI and have her pop up in Kurain investigating the country or whatever plot reason you like.

I think they're just going to have Nayuta as the prosecutor in both places though. Simon'll probably be on duty for the Japan half of case five or something.

I guess I could live with Franziska in that function, but overall I don't see why she would even appear in Phoenix' cases? She is done with him and is way more closer to Edgeworth.
I would love to see her 3D model, though.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
My Trucy <3

Cool to see Ema again! Best detective.

Edit: Damn Ema looks sexy in that official art! Not as sexy as Maya still...

Dee Dee

Forensics mechanics are back,

:O

including fingerprint analysis and 3D rotation of evidence for examination.

:D

Multi-angle videos will be used to see inconsistencies using multiple view points.

:/

I love love love dusting for fingerprints and all the forensics stuff from Apollo Justice and the AA1 bonus case. I really missed that in Dual Destinies, the terrible 3D scene investigation was horribly dumbed down in comparison.

But if I have to watch Klavier set a guitar on fire for 12 freaking times again, then video investigation can get lost already.

I love what I hear about the game so far, but Trucy's and Apollo's back stories need closure, however flimsy it will be. Just give me this please.
And Gumshoe.

Thoraxes

I love what I hear about the game so far, but Trucy's and Apollo's back storied need closure, however flimsy it will be. Just give me this please.
Like 90% of their backstory is already there from AA4.

They literally just need to tell both of them two pieces of information and we all can have closure on that. No way it ends up flimsy sewing that up lol

Lusankya

:/

I love love love dusting for fingerprints and all the forensics stuff from Apollo Justice and the AA1 bonus case. I really missed that in Dual Destinies, the terrible 3D scene investigation was horribly dumbed down in comparison.

But if I have to watch Klavier set a guitar on fire for 12 freaking times again, then video investigation can get lost already.

By the looks of it it's more similar to how we used the video in case 1-5. At least we can fast forward. :p

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Rise from the ashes Ema! While I like AAI a lot they turned Ema into a total turd. I hope they can bring her back to her former glory and not some slouch who just munches on snacks. So far she looks great and the reintroduction of mechanics has me very excited.

jjasso21

I loved those 2 in the previous games. Mind you I haven't played since the Apollo Justice one. On a side note, we really do need Gumshoe back.

Top Bottom