• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True System Sellers. What systems have you bought for ONE game?

tino

Banned
I brought a 360 for Mass Effect. I may rebuy it for ME2.

I brought PS3 because of PS2, really the exclusive games are not that impressive for what I play.

ripsa

Neo Member
PSX - Time Crisis with the gun-Con. My bro and I had been huge fans of this in the arcade. He was actually going to by a Time Crisis arcade cabinet and put it in our garage. Luckily the PSX port came out!

360 - Gears of War. Despite the flack it gets for shifty multiplayer I totally fell in love with the over the top 80s style macho sci-fi action heroics of this game and it convinced me the 360 was a must have purchase.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Hmmm, a lot of my purchases are guided by two particular series the most now that I think about it:
But here I'll list the systems I bought the day these games came out for just that one game alone. I have owned all other systems as well.

Genesis - Sonic and Knuckles
N64 - Mario 64
PSX - Metal Gear Solid
PS2 - MGS2 demo that came with ZOE
Xbox - MGS2 Substance (didn't know it was coming to PS2)
DSlite - New Super Mario Bros.
PS3 - MGS4 (you guys seeing a pattern yet?)
Wii - Super Mario Galaxy

Can't wait to get a PSP for Peace Walker, I beat portable ops on a friend's PSP and didn't like it enough to buy one.

hokey1

Madden 92 for the Genesis. 5 of us were at a friends house and he started showing us the game. IN 6 weeks everyone there bought a Genesis just to play madden 92. We still play it to this day through emulation.
Super Mario 64 for the 64

I got a brand new PC with the express goal of playing HL2. That was a great investment - 4+ years of great gaming.

The only other one I can remember is buying a 360 for Bioshock. I double dipped with Bioshock - bought it on Steam before realising my good old R9800 Pro couldn't play it, so I bought a refurbished 360 for that game alone. I only did that because I was laid up in bed with a fractured knee cap and needed something to do with all my spare time.

I sold the 360 shortly after finishing Bioshock and testing a couple of other games.

I can't remember purhcasing any other console for one game solely.

ZZMitch

N64- Mario Kart 64 (My brother made the decision, I was too young at the time :D )
Xbox- Halo, only game (besides Halo 2) that I owned for the system
Xbox 360- Halo 3, but I soon learned that there was a much more to the 360 then Halo
DS- I would say Scribblenauts, but it is not out yet
PSP- The only game I really played on that system was some Battlefront game
PS2- Star Wars: Battlefront 2, some Lord of the Rings turn based combat game (The name escapes me)

jsnepo

Gamecube for Resident Evil 4 even though I owned a PS2 and know that a PS2 version was on its way. I prefer real time cutscenes.

Einbroch

Banned
I thought it was stupid to buy a system for one game, so for 8 years I didn't.

Then Brawl came along. I bought a Wii simply for Brawl.

How could my previous convictions be so
right
?

soultron

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 4 made me buy a PS3.
COD4 made me buy a second 360 after the first one died.
Bangai-O Spirits made me buy a DS for the third time.
Parappa made me buy a PSP. (I fucking love Parappa.)

Giolon

N64 - Super Mario 64 (who didn't?!)
Gamecube - Super Smash Bros Melee.
PSX - Chrono Cross
Xbox 360 - Mass Effect (I was had on this one...damn superior PC version)
Wii - Twilight Princess
PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles

mrgone

Einbroch said:
I thought it was stupid to buy a system for one game, so for 8 years I didn't.

Then Brawl came along. I bought a Wii simply for Brawl.

How could my previous convictions be so
right
?

It's alright, we all trip occasionally when we get really excited

Top Bottom