• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s budget would cut funding for Appalachia — allies in coal country are livid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Ha! get fucked

7LebMKT.gif

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'm having a very hard time caring about anyone in coal country that voted for this guy. Lose your healthcare AND local funding? Deal with it. Sucks for everyone that didn't vote for the guy, though.

So eager to see what millions of people holding pitchforks and torches outside of the White House would look like. Even the most stringent conservatives are ready to boot Trump.

Life
Comes
At
You
Fast

Sad because I'm sure some were desperate enough to buy into it, but not so sad because this dude was a known fuckboy.

They are probably so closed off and only listen to right wing talk, that they will never even know. They will just feel like "man its not gettin better!!!! dat damn kenyan!!!!!!!"

zethren

Banned
I could not POSSIBLY care less about their feelings, at this point.

Fuck right the fuck off, you voted for this piece of shit.

convo

Cutting funding to the people that won you the election seems like a dumb move that people who voted for Trump probably should have predicted.

Then again, this kind of cycle is why power in the Federal Government is so cyclical. People get the idea they should vote for the GOP for terrible social reasons and then figure out they voted against their self-interest and then vote the GOP out of office. Then the cycle starts over.

Nah they're loving it, Trump just has to say they love it to make them believe it. This outrage is fake news as they love to say.
I don't see how they could possibly not vote for him again in 4 years,it's not like logic is used in any capacity by these folks. If they are really going to be devastated they can just believe it's the fault of anything else.

Shoeless

Nah they're loving it, Trump just has to say they love it to make them believe it. This outrage is fake news as they love to say.
I don't see how they could possibly not vote for him again in 4 years,it's not like logic is used in any capacity by these folks. If they are really going to be devastated they can just believe it's the fault of anything else.

I think this is probably the case. No amount of reason or logic is going to overcome the desire to hate and fear other people and blame them for all the problems. As long as immigrants and Muslims are also suffering, anything is acceptable.

Don't worry. They may not have food, acceptable living conditions, or health care but Trump might go have a rally there to complain about wiretaps from Martians and do some stumping for Putin! That should be a good time!

Liberal tears are all a conservative needs to subsist on anyway.

tbm24

I think this is probably the case. No amount of reason or logic is going to overcome the desire to hate and fear other people and blame them for all the problems. As long as immigrants and Muslims are also suffering, anything is acceptable.
That may be true for many, but I can bet if the black lung benefit is axed with no replacement that many will care and let it be known. The healthcare genie is out of the bottle and the GOP is going to learn the hard way that they won't be able to put it back in.

they are going to vote for him again.

This basically, this is how their thought process goes like.

BgtLkSg.png

I can already see all these people playing into trump hands yet again come 2019:

"You know that man, you remember his name? Obama, that's right Obama, his term caused bigly damage to this country than we ever thought, it is massive I tell ya, we couldn't solve all the issues in only four years, but trust me ok, re-elect me into office and I will continue this HUGE project we started together to Keep America Great"

Honestly, it's very hard for me to feel sympathetic when they brought all of this on themselves. I understand not all of them wanted this, but democracy can be a bitch. People should handle the consequences of their actions. Democrats should not come and save the day after the GOP permanently damage these states/counties. And when they salvage and do some repairs people immediately forget what happened a few years in the past and start electing GOP politicians because fuck everyone I got my own and fuck taxes. I would say fuck you too you stupid motherfuckers. Lol

My Dad's brother who always calls to gloat about Trump to his face actually yesterday called my Dad up to tell him that we was right and that Trump is crazy. It's still annoying though that my uncle refuses to take responbility for this mess though by claiming now he never voted for Trump.

These people are idiots. I know it's mean, but it's almost as if they forgot the fucking plan the entire time. My father, bless his heart, voted for Trump with a government job, and fairly poor health. Should he lose that job, he's so beyond screwed.

Why do these people self destruct, I don't understand. If coal is your areas resource, it's time to learn a new skill set. Period. Wishes and bullshit can't fix a shitty resource.

You're opposition was at least talking about transitioning options.

Apathy

People who say we need to have sympathy for them are crazy. They voted for a known liar because they hated brown people and foreigners that they think are taking their shitty jobs. Those jobs agent coming back, and they need to get out of the 1900's mentality that coal work is somehow a good job.

norm9

If youre a person living in coal country, at some point you gotta think to yourself if that racism you hold near and dear is worth your family and possibly yourself dying. For some it'll still be yes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yes they voted for an obvious charlatan.

Yes they believed promises that a child wouldn't.

No they're not clever.

Yes racism and jingoism played a role.

The real question of course is why didn't Hillary lie to them more enthusiastically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom