• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump gives anti-Semitic speech to Republican Jewish Coalition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Damn. He must really think he is a god...
Cause wtf

Legitimately scary what he is doing. I wonder what the reaction to this is...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Because when most of your supporters are already drinking the Kool-Aid and calling to strip away rights of Muslim Americans, what better way to go out than going full fascist? Not like he has any of saving face in front of non-Trump supporters anyway.

Yeah but at this rate he's probably going to win the primary, considering he's said a long list of ridiculously racist shit and came out stronger. Upping the ante clearly is not working.

Hmm, not to white nationalists. Nazis don't view Jewish people as remotely white.
No, they are. White Nationalists know that Jews are white but then when white people disagree with them or they want to be the underdogs despite living in a society where white people have the majority of the power they can just go:

cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

It's just convenient.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Between Donald Trump and Stephen Curry, I don't know who impresses me more (and one of them - Trump - is for the wrong reason).

Starting to think him running for president is just a ploy to show how stupid some people can be. "Im gonna see how many people will vote for me even though i say the most stupidiest things"

It cant be any other reason...right?

Fury451

Banned
I hardly want to defend guy, but is it really accurate to say he's being anti-Semitic as opposed to stereotyping or just general buffonishness? Not that that's a good thing either

That said it's amazing that Howard Dean sank his campaign with a yell, and Dukakis killed his chances with a tank picture and he just keeps rolling onwards.

Positive Jewish stereotypes are more harmful than negative ones because it puts more pressure on me to actually be good at things. I'm a terrible negotiator!

I hardly want to defend guy, but is it really accurate to say he's being anti-Semitic as opposed to stereotyping or just general buffonishness? Not that that's a good thing either

That said it's amazing that Howard Dean sank his campaign with a yell, and Dukakis killed his chances with a tank picture and he just keeps rolling onwards.

When someone like Donald Trump trots out the money grubbing Jews stereotype 3 times in one speech I think you can fairly describe it as anti-Semitic.

Fury451

Banned
When someone like Donald Trump trots out the money grubbing Jews stereotype 3 times in one speach I think you can fairly describe it as anti-Semitic.

Yeah, that's true. Seems like ignorance, but again, that wouldn't make it any better anyways.

I mean he did kinda propose Hitler-style approaches for categorizing Muslim citizens, so...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
...he's gonna get some more followers for that one..lol he has no f#cks in his wallet, or that cap he always wearing to hide that comb over.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Hell, maybe he'll do some work towards getting the Republican electorate off of their Israel fetish.

He... went to...... Republican Jews.... for support..... and makes an anti-semetic rant.....
it is clear that Trump is going to troll his way to victory (nomination) by attracting people who believe that ''he is telling it how it is'' crowd.

Trump using the TV ratings system of shock value to go all the way to convention

There is nothing Trump won't say to get that group of people who believes what he says

I hate Trump but he's absolutely right here.

The Israel lobby is far too powerful and thrives on support from both democrats and republicans. Its actually refreshing to see a politician who doesn't suck up to it.

Israel doesn't need our help and we shouldn't support them as long as Likud is in power.

Kusagari

When someone like Donald Trump trots out the money grubbing Jews stereotype 3 times in one speech I think you can fairly describe it as anti-Semitic.

Every single line from the OP perfectly describes the Israeli lobby in the Republican Party and it has nothing to do with them being Jewish. While he probably was reaching into some stereotypes with the comparisons, people act like he was saying this to random Jewish businessmen.

No, they are. White Nationalists know that Jews are white but then when white people disagree with them or they want to be the underdogs despite living in a society where white people have the majority of the power they can just go:

cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

It's just convenient.

"Just convenient."

White nationals don't actually hate Jews, or think of us as "other," they just use us as a scapegoat sometimes.

White nationals.

Okay.

Every single line from the OP perfectly describes the Israeli lobby in the Republican Party and it has nothing to do with them being Jewish. While he probably was reaching into some stereotypes with the comparisons, people act like he was saying this to random Jewish businessmen.

No, I think you're just anti-Semitic if you think this is about Israel and not about these people being Jews.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
what does Trump do after he loses the presidency? does he just go back to TV and get even bigger ratings than ever? people let him skate on all of the shit he's said?

i dont know how he can lose anything.

injurai

Banned
I watched it and I caught nothing truly anti-Semitic about his speech.

His comment about money was that people want to contribute money to their politician to guarantee they are represented. Because Trump is running on his own money he wants to emphasize that he can't be bought. He's trying to plant the idea in their mind that they can Trust him even though he is playing a very different game from what is conventionally expected.

Wait until later when he starts deferring answers to questions because he promises he can serve their interests in a deal, and showing his hand would ruin the integrity of the deal.

RPGCrazied

what does Trump do after he loses the presidency? does he just go back to TV and get even bigger ratings than ever? people let him skate on all of the shit he's said?

i dont know how he can lose anything.

He won't. He has billions, hotels, banks, other buildings. This won't hurt him one bit, even if he loses.

Okay. So, Jews, Mexicans, Muslims, Women, Gays, Blacks, Disableds....I don't even know who else there is to offend. Animals maybe. I could see him going to a zoo and teasing the monkeys with a banana, and then throwing it in the garbage.

People would actually get upset if he went around messing with animals.

EmSeta

Uh, how are the quotes in the OP antisemitic?

I'm honestly asking. Is there a negative stereotype of Jews being... negotiators? What am I missing here?

Not that Trump isn't an idiot, I just don't get this one.

Uh, how are the quotes in the OP antisemitic?

I'm honestly asking. Is there a negative stereotype of Jews being... negotiators? What am I missing here?

Not that Trump isn't an idiot, I just don't get this one.

Uhh, yes? The Jews being people who rip you off in deals is the oldest stereotype about Jews that exists.

You have never even hear of "Jew me down" of The Merchant of Venice before? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom