• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I consulted the military about the trans soldier ban. Military leaders: Nope

TI82

Banned
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/27...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

President Donald Trump said his decision to ban transgender people from serving in the military, announced via Twitter on Wednesday morning, came “after consultation with my generals and military experts.” It’s becoming clearer and clearer that he was lying.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis was on vacation when the decision was announced, and privately opposed the move. The Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Marine Gen. James Dunford, said Thursday that the military wouldn’t implement the ban absent a formal, non-tweeted order from the commander in chief.

And then there were the remarkable remarks that Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley made during a luncheon at the National Press Club.

During the lunch, Milley told reporters that he found out about the ban "the same way everybody else did — on the news."

Fury451

Banned
I can't imagine how much patience it takes Mattis to put up with such an utter tool bag just to make he doesn't lose his shit on twitter and then nuke our own soil.

tumblr_o3zoynTC041v4xhcfo1_500.gif

akira28

lol when I first heard that, the first word out of my mouth was "who?"

Trumpian asspull? 1000% percent. The military experts he discussed it with were all on twitter or in youtube comments.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol, wow. Just. Man.

UNFIT FOR FUCKING OFFICE.

At least this is an instance where it's hugely helpful that he's so incompetent.

He got word if he did it, he'd get funding for THE WALL! ITS THE WALL, BROTHER!

So, he immediately ran to Twitter, lied his ass off per his usual every waking moment self, and announced it.

Sounds about right.

Kthulhu

Trump pissing off the military now. Who will the trumpists side with!?

Him of course. They didn't break from him when he insulted McCain, they won't now.

Like Trump said, he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and they'd still support him.

The only time I've seen his supporters get mad at him was with his Syria airstrike and r/The_Donald's mod team went on a purge of the non-believers.

cress2000

Him of course. They didn't break from him when he insulted McCain, they won't now.

Like Trump said, he could shoot a man on 5th avenue and they'd still support him.

The only time I've seen his supporters get mad at him was with his Syria airstrike and r/The_Donald's mod team went on a purge of the non-believers.

I mean, I pegged trumpists as the same sort people that fetishize guns and police/military in general though. If it caused some infighting that'd be pretty amazing.

Good thing trump is smarter than our military generals. He's just testing them before he reveals his plan to destroy isis within (how many weeks did he say?) /s

Top Bottom