• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I consulted the military about the trans soldier ban. Military leaders: Nope

hitme

Found the gener..

ColonelAI.png

I mean Colonel.

It's amazing the insight given into Trump and how he ran his companies. I just imagine him lying all the time and subordinates backing him up in various ways to not make him angry.

Could someone please call out his bullshit to his face! Enough with the politeness!

At least with a parliament you get the cathartic release when someone calls a prime minister a shithead (paraphrased)

cucuchu

As someone in the military, I can tell you right now there was a huge initiative over the last few months to ensure that transgender acceptance was the norm and that those seeking to go through the surgical process themselves had the resources and know-how to do so. For myself and my peers this all comes as a huge surprise and while I would like to just not take his joke of an order or whatever the shit that was over twitter seriously, it is hard for me to do that when I'm sure there are transgender military out there worrying about their career right now instead of doing what they should be doing which is focusing on their mission.

Trump underminding his intelligence apparatus and military is going to bite him in the ass (not unlike pretty much every other decision of his as well).

Mistake

I can't imagine how much patience it takes Mattis to put up with such an utter tool bag just to make he doesn't lose his shit on twitter and then nuke our own soil.
yeah, then he finally gets a vacation and stuff like this happens. I'd be mad as hell being a veteran in my field and having some new guy come in to make random rules and walk all over it

Nephtis

If only the GOP had a backbone (and why not, Democrats too). I wish there was at least rumors of a desire to impeach this asshole.

zeemumu

"No you see, when I said I consulted them about the ban, I meant that I thought about consulting them about the ban."

TI82

Banned
As someone in the military, I can tell you right now there was a huge initiative over the last few months to ensure that transgender acceptance was the norm and that those seeking to go through the surgical process themselves had the resources and know-how to do so. For myself and my peers this all comes as a huge surprise and while I would like to just not take his joke of an order or whatever the shit that was over twitter seriously, it is hard for me to do that when I'm sure there are transgender military out there worrying about their career right now instead of doing what they should be doing which is focusing on their mission.

Trump underminding his intelligence apparatus and military is going to bite him in the ass (not unlike pretty much every other decision of his as well).

Big time, and seeing dependas and right wing nutjobs on social media saying this is a good thing is just like... wtf

Pence thought Mulan was a liberal propaganda.

(U.S. Vice President Mike Pence attends a healthcare listening session at the White House in Washington.Thomson Reuters)
The vice president of the US once claimed that he was "victimized" by Mulan, a 1998 animated Disney film about a young woman who tries to join the Chinese military.

"I suspect that some mischievous liberal at Disney assumes that Mulan's story will cause a quiet change in the next generation's attitude toward women in combat and they just might be right," Vice President Mike Pence once wrote on a website that he ran before becoming governor of Indiana in 2013. (The op-ed first resurfaced last year when reporter Andrew Kaczynski wrote about it for BuzzFeed.)

Kiko

In the end it will turn out that this Twitter account is maintained by the same person that does @KazHiraiCEO ;-)

HAHA, OH WOW SO YOU'RE SAYING HE LIED?

Surprised-Face-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-8.gif

mshckd.gif

Big time, and seeing dependas and right wing nutjobs on social media saying this is a good thing is just like... wtf

Dude just ask my racist homophobic dad about agendas.

The gay agenda, the trans agenda, the black agenda.

All those Agendas they are fighting that exist as threats to their existence.

At some point the media will have to accept that there is no reason to take Trump at his word on anything he says. They're always asking "now what did Trump mean when he said this? what are the legal ramifications of this?" but the real answer is almost always that he's stupid and he just says whatever because he has no idea what he's doing. I think it is very worthwhile to analyze closely what the leader of the free world speaks, but at some point we gotta accept that there's nothin there. Our president is speaking thin air.

This dude really needs to stop lying. So, there's no ban right now?

Legally I don't think there can be unless he gets it passed as law. But no doubt some dummies will believe his word is law & it's active already, like some idiots over here the day after Brexit believed it meant migrants had to leave the country.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Legally I don't think there can be unless he gets it passed as law. But no doubt some dummies will believe his word is law & it's active already, like some idiots over here the day after Brexit believed it meant migrants had to leave the country.

That George Carlin gif about the average person has been on my mind all day...

Im still suprised the american people just shrug this guy off. In France people would be on the streets rioting and burning cars.

Koren

Im still suprised the american people just shrug this guy off. In France people would be on the streets rioting and burning cars.
Well, in France with Macron, the Chief of Staff would have lost his position now ;)

He was fired last week for far less than that (speaking against the military budget in private in a senate hearing) ;)

Top Bottom