• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump names Rudy Giuliani as cybersecurity adviser

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajiBoxer

Banned
The Washington Post said:
President-elect Donald Trump named former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani as an informal adviser on cybersecurity, according to the presidential transition office.

Giuliani, who heads a cybersecurity consulting firm Giuliani Partners, will serve as an adviser on finding solutions to cyber-incursions in the private sector and to advise the government on possible responses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...collaborative_1_na-amp&utm_term=.6152bc7e1f4b

kmax

So, Murdoch for FCC Chair and Giuliani as cybersecurity adviser.

enough-internet-Dean-Winchester-supernatural.gif

edit: well technically, he gets to pick them, but yeah.

Exile20

Wait so Rudy can give his company jobs?

He is going to make money from being an advisor and money from his company getting high paying jobs from the government/whoever?

Sandoval

Bwahahah... So he thinks the doddering old man whose most notable career achievement is getting dunked on by terrorists is even glancingly qualified to advise anyone about the computer machine? Well... I guess this is one of the more reasonable appointments. =/

Nafai1123

Banned
Rudy strikes me as the type of guy who has never actually used a computer because he just tells his assistant what to do while he smokes a cigar.

And whenever I say to myself "Now we've truly reached the point where this shitshow can't get any more stupid!", the Orange Turd effortlessly manages to prove me wrong the next day...

I can't deal with this. I really can't. Not for four eight long years.

He heads a cyber security consulting firm? Guess he has some 1337 cyber skills. Or did he grab this job recently knowing what trump had planned for him?

BajiBoxer

Banned
The Wikipedia summary on his private consulting business so you know what to expect:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giuliani_Partners

Wikipedia said:
"No client is ever approved or worked on without a full discussion with Rudy... We're cautious in the right sense of that term, in terms of who we work for. We always want to make sure it is a company that is doing the right thing, that we're proud to represent," according to Giuliani Partners’ senior managing partner, Michael D. Hess, former Corporation Counsel for New York City.[4]

Giuliani’s colleagues at Giuliani Partners have included founding member and Vice President Matthew Mahoney, a former Deputy Director of Advance for the Mayor’s Office;[10] Bernard Kerik, Giuliani's former police commissioner, who was later accused of having ties to organized crime[4] and left the firm in 2004;[11] former FBI man D'Amuro, who admitted taking six non-evidentiary artifacts from Ground Zero as mementos, but against whom no action was taken by the FBI;[12] and Monseignor Alan Placa, a high school friend of Giuliani and a former Roman Catholic priest who was accused of sexually molesting numerous children and of covering up molestation in the church.[13] Giuliani Partners has stated that Giuliani "believes that Alan Placa has been unjustly accused," and that the firm has no plans to dismiss him.[14]

geomon

Rudy knows all about keeping secrets. Just ask his ex wives or the secret service officers he used to send messages to his mistresses. Perfect man for the job!

Derwind

Of course Giuliani was going to get a cabinet pick, do you know how much of Trump ass this man has dined on this past election cycle? Every time he opens his mouth projectiles of shit violently spray out towards whatever has the unfortunate fate of being in the way...

This is just services rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom