• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump signs the republican pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougles

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Signing some imaginary contract is not going to get him to not run as an independent. Trump playing the Reblicans like a fiddle.

Effect

Signing some imaginary contract is not going to get him to not run as an independent. Trump playing the Reblicans like a fiddle.

This. It's not legally binding so ultimately doesn't matter. If he wants to run as an independent then he'll do so and there's not a thing republicans can do short of holding up his paper work to get his name on ballots.

Troy

Banned
I love Jeb claiming Trump was awful for minorities in an answer to one question, and then when asked if he'd support Trump if he himself wasn't the nominee and he immediately said yes. So at least now minorities know he doesn't give a fuck about them. I applaud his honesty.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
As an outsider, American politics are equally amusing as they are terrifying. But yeah, Trump is a source of hilarity for people all around the world

FyreWulff

they do realize he'll just say "lol fuck your pledge" and it'll make his base like him even more?

edit: to clarify to non americans, this pledge has zero legal weight. he can still run third party if he wants to.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
they do realize he'll just say "lol fuck your pledge" and it'll make his base like him even more?

edit: to clarify to non americans, this pledge has zero legal weight. he can still run third party if he wants to.
And his base would still follow him

Sianos

I HAVE ALTERED THE TERMS OF THE PLEDGE

PRAY THAT I DO NOT ALTER THEM FURTHER

also i want to live in the universe where trump is forced to endorse Jeb! bush

collige

Banned
Smart move by him. This increases his goodwill with the GOP, making it more likely that he'll just win the nomination, making the pledge irrelevant. If he doesn't win the nomination.... fuck them and their pledge, he can do what he wants. It's literally a win win.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Smart move by him. This increases his goodwill with the GOP, making it more likely that he'll just win the nomination, making the pledge irrelevant. If he doesn't win the nomination.... fuck them and their pledge, he can do what he wants. It's literally a win win.
Agreed he can tear up this thing and win a big anti establishment scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom