• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Ponn

Banned
Khan donating to Trump and ignoring pleas to hire Kaepernick when our team desperately needs a QB should speak volumes. Jaguars will forever be a shit team.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Still not watching any NFL this year and I hope that Colin stays strong during this time. F all of that extra stuff

Brakke

Banned
What the fuck marketing focus group decided that “divisive” was the angle for these guys? They all have the same NFL Owners Word Of The Day calendar?

“Divide” and “unite” were always shitty sentiments though. I ain’t uniting with Trump on anything. You shouldn’t lament that you can’t come together with this dweeb, you should forcefully deny him community.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Number of GOP Politicians who call him out for this? Not even graham this time because of his stupid bill. Fire this clown.

For as bad as Hannity and Tucker are at Fox News, I think Pirro may be the worst. But at least there are moments like this

hayesxisff.png

Vuapol

Trump literally just made the "problem" worse. Trump said Kaepernick should be fired, but Kaepernick already didn't have a job because of his protests. Now Trump being a fucking asshole has brought more people to Kaepernick's side and turned his simple protest into a rallying cry. There's going to be dozens if not hundreds of football players who #TakeTheKnee tomorrow. I suspect people in the crowds will do so as well.

That's the beauty of it. Yet another crisis of his own making.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Honestly, I'm more disappointed in weak statements like the one from the Eagles than teams who don't put out statements at all.

bozeman

So many bent knees tomorrow viewers at home may think there's a blonde sitting on a dragon having sex with her nephew on the 50 yard line.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Veterans aren't the flag. The two things have nothing to do with each other. People who wanted to try and derail what protests are about and vilify the protesters connected them.
Yup.

But i will say, As an active duty member i fully support these protests.

Buckle

Hopefully Trump just inadvertently got Kaepernick hired somewhere.

Public opinion about him seems to be shifting thanks to that idiot not being able to go five minutes without making people realize who the true villian is right now.

Servbot24

Banned
I don't know man they up there together. I'm a fan of both just not a fanboy. I just think gamers are worst addicts than sport fans.

Sports fans will come to the defense of rapists and pedophiles and let them keep playing on the team or raise statues in their honor. It's pretty routine actually. I could be wrong but I don't think think gamers have gone to the level of accepting sexual molestation or other physical violence as normal.

EDIT: Actually I take that back. All the cases of sexism, racism and abuse in recent years are coming back to mind.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
this is the part where people riot and march on the white house. You do not allow the president to claim that people are not allowed to protest in whatever non violent manner they feel like

Nista

Some of Trump's patriotic rhetoric reminds of the statements made by people supporting the Vietnam war back in 66 in the latest Ken Burns documentary.

Maybe next he will blame international communism for poisoning the minds of sports fans against him, and send the CIA to infiltrate the NFL?

Only Trump could get away with calling someone an SOB as the POTUS (for standing up to racism no less).

I think I'm just too used to the more unassuming brand of repugnant we get in the UK.

OozingZen

Neo Member
Misleading thread title. Yes, I read the OP but I expected him to mention Kaepernick by name and he did not. I am not defending Trump in any way but I certainly came into this thread expecting a personal attack like the one on Stephen Curry today.

I also disagree that Kaepernick is out of the league specifically because of his protests. I think his declining performance and the fact he was never that great in the first place is a huge factor in why he's blackballed. That, the protests, and his girlfriend. But that's another story.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sounds like tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least.

Twitter is going to be nuts.

Shortly after that tweet he posted these:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/911789140680855552

Shaun King‏ Verified account
@ShaunKing

I've had players from 3 @NFL teams say they've been directly discouraged by team management/owners not to protest or demonstrate.

8:07 PM - 23 Sep 2017

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/911789551529680897

@ShaunKing

I've had players from several teams say team owners/management have tried to co-opt their plans to take a knee or a seat with something else

8:09 PM - 23 Sep 2017

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/911792524037148672

@ShaunKing

People at two different TV networks told me that they've been having debates on whether or not to even show the National Anthem tomorrow.

8:20 PM - 23 Sep 2017

Not

Banned
Oh god. They're going to all run out on the field and hold hands again, aren't they.

No, look, it's OK white people! Look! No need to change anything! Keep giving us that moneh

D i Z

Oh god. They're going to all run out on the field and hold hands again, aren't they.

No, look, it's OK white people! Look! No need to change anything! Keep giving us that moneh

No. They're going to cut away from the players again.

Mortemis

Banned
I get to 1-2 games a year and of course it's going to be National Anthem Clusterfuck Day. And here I thought the record temps and my history of heat stroke was my top concern. Good thing it's a late game so I can watch all the fallout on twitter from the early games during the tailgate. Trump arguments last fall were still calm enough that you could solve most situations by offering people a beer, but I'm not sure that's going to work this time.

If I'm blackout drunk at kickoff I won't have the mental capacity to argue with anyone. Foolproof plan!

Montresor

Colin Kaepernick is going into the history books. Kids are going to read about him in 20-30 years in grade school ckassrooms. Fingers crossed. And I hope the critical statements against Trump continue and that more and more players kneel during the American national anthem. Every athlete on an American team in every major sport (NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL) should kneel.

Misleading thread title. Yes, I read the OP but I expected him to mention Kaepernick by name and he did not. I am not defending Trump in any way but I certainly came into this thread expecting a personal attack like the one on Stephen Curry today.

I also disagree that Kaepernick is out of the league specifically because of his protests. I think his declining performance and the fact he was never that great in the first place is a huge factor in why he's blackballed. That, the protests, and his girlfriend. But that's another story.

Hoyer, Bortles, Glennon, and whatever is going on in Cleveland all prove that Kapernick is purely being blackballed because of his protests because he's a better QB than all of those guys.

I hope that the protests become even more common now though, anything to piss off the racists conservatives that voted for drumpf and drumpf himself.

Colin Kaepernick is going into the history books. Kids are going to read about him in 20-30 years in grade school ckassrooms. Fingers crossed.
It is rather ironic that the league effectively blacklisting him for his actions last year has inadvertently opened an opportunity for this to become so much more. Had someone merely done the entirely reasonable thing and hired the guy we would never have gone down this rabbit hole. I honestly don't know where this goes yet.

Hoyer, Bortles, Glennon, and whatever is going on in Cleveland all prove that Kapernick is purely being blackballed because of his protests because he's a better QB than all of those guys.

I hope that the protests become even more common now though, anything to piss off the racists conservatives that voted for drumpf and drumpf himself.

Hey now, Cleveland actually has a semi-competent QB situation for once, Chicago will eventually swap in Mitch Trubisky, and San Francisco isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. I'd also cancel out the Jets, because that man is too good for a team that is clearly tanking. That being said, Jacksonville and Baltimore have no excuses.

Top Bottom