• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump talks Megyn Kelly's nose [Talking Megyn's appearance = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Banned
lol Marco Rubio believes in literally nothing other than getting elected and is just as much of a liar and sellout as Hillary. He has abandoned every single principle he previously had to possibly get elected.

Trump was pro-choice, pro-universal health care, pro other super liberal things until a black man got elected president.

Ted Cruz doesn't believe anything he says.

What are you talking about?

Ok fair enough, Hilary is still just as bad is the point i should have made.

Owzers

I kinda believe Trump that he was going to say "nose" or something and just wanted to move on. The rest of the GOP are like a pack of vultures so there's no point in listening to them try to run the other way with it.

Revolver

crossposted at poligaf

CL-WDeQWEAATfTS.jpg

ahahahahaha

I'm honestly baffled at Cruz and Carson getting a bump. They barely even seemed to be at the debate. Not surprised by Trump at all. At this point his hardcore supporters seem ready to stick with him come hell or high water. The guy seems to be made of Teflon. I think that one thing that could sink him though is if questions about his religious beliefs get brought up. He's been low key on the subject so far but if it gets turned into a who's tighter with God contest he could have some problems with the Evangelicals.

Amir0x

Banned
I know perfectly well what happened but thanks. Bush was voted down by his republican congress and had to use TARP funds he wasn't supposed to use for anything but for the banks to pay for it. Obama just pushed through what he already did since it was a full republican congress cockblocking it. Just because it's a different amount than what Bush did doesn't mean he was the trailblazer and "saved an industry". Again, I never said Obama did nothing but you say save the industry like he was the trailblazer and the only reason they exist. Bush set everything in motion and gave out money, Obama just extended it. All you did was prove exactly what I've been saying.

He added 21 billion on top of a 14 billion Bush paid. Even numerically, Obama did more for the auto industry. Bush absolutely rang the right bell on this issue and he deserves share of the credit, for sure. But they both saved the auto industry.

quesalupa

It's absolutely false. I've only seen people banned for spouting outright bigoted shite. Certainly not for conservative views on decreasing welfare, lowering immigration, increased military spending, austerity, etc. Now if you post that you hold a conservative view on, say, immigration because you think all foreigners are shiftless rapists then yes you will get banned.

Just the standard persecution card people resort to instead of arguments related to the point.

I will wait whilst you fetch posts supporting your claims.
I dunno man, I got banned for disagreeing with the approach of the Ferguson protests. Ban said "derailing attempt" but I was actually joining in the ongoing discussion.

I'm honestly baffled at Cruz and Carson getting a bump. They barely even seemed to be at the debate.
Neurosurgeon = wizard

I dunno man, I got banned for disagreeing with the approach of the Ferguson protests. Ban said "derailing attempt" but I was actually joining in the ongoing discussion.
The devil is in the details. Though I know from experience that mods can misread things and make complete mistakes sometimes.

Socreges

Banned
I love how "scared" people are of these possible Republican nominees yet Hilary, a proven lieing, corrupted, and scumbag politician is okay in their book. At least these candidates mean what they say and say what they mean, while Hilary is an unapologetic puppet for special interests.

Oh liberals. Stay inconsistent.
I take particular issue with this part of your post. My goodness.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I'm honestly baffled at Cruz and Carson getting a bump. They barely even seemed to be at the debate. Not surprised by Trump at all. At this point his hardcore supporters seem ready to stick with him come hell or high water. The guy seems to be made of Teflon. I think that one thing that could sink him though is if questions about his religious beliefs get brought up. He's been low key on the subject so far but if it gets turned into a who's tighter with God contest he could have some problems with the Evangelicals.

Cruz and Carson had the best delivered closes to the debate by far. Recency effect at work.

Who

Banned
I take particular issue with this part of your post. My goodness.

I was thinking more along the lines a few candidates like Huckabee, Carson, and Kasich. I extremely disagree with a lot of their stances but I still think come across as far more honest and genuine than Hilary.

Sure, but Hillary is an empty shell promoting that climate change is an issue and that women's rights matter (and I think she actually does believe in the later regardless of all of her other flip-flopping) and that gay people are perfectly normal. The other candidates are empty shells promoting the opposite. I disagree entirely with the party platform the Republican candidates are promoting to try to get elected and agree far more with the platform Hillary is running on. I have no idea how much of the platform Hillary actually believes in, but it seems logically consistent to vote for the dishonest politician trying to get elected on policies you mostly like instead of voting for the dishonest politician trying to get elected on policies you dislike.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I would take a corrupted politician anyday over someone who thinks that transgendered soldiers are a social experiment and that the army's only purpose is to kill and break things.

Darksol

Thats a little extreme, GAF is obviously heavy liberal and in my youth I was very liberal but as I get older, some of the things trump says make sense. Also when he talks, he does not come across like Christie, Rubio, Bush or any other career politician.

I'm 28. If I ever reach an age where Trump makes sense, I'm blowing my brains out.

dabig2

She knows how to play the game like everyone else, better than some and worse than some. Nothing more to it.

Reason liberals support her over the clowns seen in the GOP and are more often to forgive her mistakes is because she represents a less apocalyptic choice than the jokers running for the Republican nomination. She's flat out just a better human being, so she's got that going for her at least.

TheContact

You are a few years too late for that I'm afraid, posting anything non-left will see the masses descend on you and then an inevitable ban. GAF became one sided a while ago and it's simply too late to do anything about that now.

It's not unusual though, all sites eventually lean towards a specific membership as having a majority of members sharing the same viewpoints and opinions attracts others who share those same viewpoints and drives those who don't away to other sites that in turn share their viewpoints.
That's not true at all. Unless by "non left" you mean racist, sexist, mysogonistic, or insulting other members.

America please elect is guy. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Oh please god no. Yeah it could be "fun" but I don't think the other consequences this could have would be fun at all.
And it doesn't look like any republican should have any chance of winning this election so we shouldn't even worry I guess.

Who

Banned
Sure, but Hillary is an empty shell promoting that climate change is an issue and that women's rights matter (and I think she actually does believe in the later regardless of all of her other flip-flopping) and that gay people are perfectly normal. The other candidates are empty shells promoting the opposite. I disagree entirely with the party platform the Republican candidates are promoting to try to get elected and agree far more with the platform Hillary is running on. I have no idea how much of the platform Hillary actually believes in, but it seems logically consistent to vote for the dishonest politician trying to get elected on policies you mostly like instead of voting for the dishonest politician trying to get elected on policies you dislike.

Well said. I still can't bring myself to vote and support an empty shell. I just can't.

And I will continue to challenge the people that do.

Kusagari

Well said. I still can't bring myself to vote and support an empty shell. I just can't.

Then your actual choices for people running for office are Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders.

Has Megyn Kelly done any interviews on this? I'd love for someone to suggest to her that the network she works on, including her show, has promoted the anger and outrage culture that has made candidate Trump's popularity possible.

ICKE

Banned
Has Megyn Kelly done any interviews on this?.

She can't. Many Trump supporters are also part of their target audience, people they can'f afford to alienate.

This is all so amusing and entertaining. You have all these talk radio personalities attacking Kelly and Fox for not being conservative enough. But the thing is that eventually Trump will attack them as well, if there is any hint of criticism.

dabig2

Ah, the "above the fray so high ya'll are simple ants" type of political contributor. Good for you. Meanwhile, I and many others in the real world will vote for whoever can move this country progressively, and yes, that even includes Hillary with whatever faults she has.

You know how Fox spends a lot of airtime on establishing that the Libruhl media unfairly attacks conservative politicians? Well do they really think the core that they nurtured isn't going to be sensitive to orchestrated attacks on their candidate of choice?

HA!

Link

The Autumn Wind
I see the "You just can't trust her./She seems shady to me." arguments about Hillary have entered the thread. I guess this is the talking point Fox News, et al have decided to stick to since they can't find anything legitimate to hammer her with.

It reminds me of when people say " Well, the Democrat ran a dirty campaign." It's a meaningless statement, and likely just as true for the Republican that ran against them, but it's easier to say so you don't have to defend voting for the Republican Party and admitting you agree with their platform.

Fine, just as bad but supports policy that is actually not reprehensible.

Ah, the "above the fray so high ya'll are simple ants" type of political contributor. Good for you. Meanwhile, I and many others in the real world will vote for whoever can move this country progressively, and yes, that even includes Hillary with whatever faults she has.

Pretty much, I can not vote for someone who just wants to pull down any progress that has been made during the past decade. General problem for Republicans, you still haven't said why I should vote for you. Telling me hey, I'm not Clinton is not a reason. What are you going to do that would make me want to vote for you. Further more, why should I vote for you over any of the other 15 candidates that are running on your side. You guys are already running against Clinton when you have yet to make it out of the primary.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I see the "You just can't trust her./She seems shady to me." arguments about Hillary have entered the thread. I guess this is the talking point Fox News, et al have decided to stick to since they can't find anything legitimate to hammer her with.

It reminds me of when people say " Well, the Democrat ran a dirty campaign." It's a meaningless statement, and likely just as true for the Republican that ran against them, but it's easier to say so you don't have to defend voting for the Republican Party and admitting you agree with their platform.

Didn't she lie about being shot at? That's a great reason to never trust someone and is legitimate. Why does it have to be something new?

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Don't mean to plug people but Dan Carlin's Common Sense had a very interesting podcast episode about the Republican Debate.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Didn't she lie about being shot at? That's a great reason to never trust someone and is legitimate. Why does it have to be something new?
If you're not going to vote for someone that's ever told a lie, you might as well just rip up your voter registration card. What people should be looking at is the subject and frequency of those lies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I love how "scared" people are of these possible Republican nominees yet Hilary, a proven lieing, corrupted, and scumbag politician is okay in their book. At least these candidates mean what they say and say what they mean, while Hilary is an unapologetic puppet for special interests.

LOL

Odds are every politician in this race is a scumbag. The difference is the Republican side supports straight up disgusting policy.

In terms of lies go, that barely registers on a political richter scale. She lied about her plane landing in a ex-combat zone in Bosnia. So diddly what. When she starts lying about her parachuting into Benghazi and shooting four American diplomats to death in the US Embassy, that's when we should start paying attention.

How do I get to be as accurate a judge of character as you are? Any books or blogs you can recommend? I'm tired of being deluded.

Siegcram

Challenge people for what? Not voting for actually insane people that happen to fulfill your definition of "genuine"?

kirblar

Kasich didn't get a bump?

*phew*

If I was American I would absolutely vote for this guy for the entertainment alone

Why can't we discuss her appearance? Granted I haven't read the whole thread, but it seems weird we can't talk about it

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
In terms of lies go, that barely registers on a political richter scale. She lied about her plane landing in a ex-combat zone in Bosnia. So diddly what. When she starts lying about her parachuting into Benghazi and shooting four American diplomats to death in the US Embassy, that's when we should start paying attention.

That's your personal threshold. Mine is lower. I am not part of your "we". Maybe I would rather vote for a President who isn't a career politician for this exact reason. Not every industry values lying as a way to get ahead.

BajiBoxer

Banned

It's why I'm very strongly leaning towards Bernie Sanders. Problem is it's a two party system with a preliminary run off semi-democratic vote handled internally by each party. Corporate conservatives are still the main decision makers in both parties even if there is occasional progress. For me though it comes down to voting Democrat or not at all. If I compare Hillary's "empty shell" voting record to any of her Republican counterparts, it's still going to show me some pretty major positive differences.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Challenge people for what? Not voting for actually insane people that happen to fulfill your definition of "genuine"?
It is kind of ridiculous especially considering Trump isn't exactly an honest guy himself. He's just louder and less rehearsed. He panders to a different group of people who have become increasingly influential in the GOP. He's still a dishonest scumbag, just with a fresher act than a typical stuffy politician.

Scoops

Banned

She's a known quantity.

ivysaur12

Banned

She's not, though. She's not my favorite politician in the world, but saying that she's some sort of corporate puppet without any real values shows a stunning lack of knowledge of her career and the trajectory its taken from Arkansas to First Lady to Senator to her 08 run to now.

Again -- I have some serious problems with her, especially on foreign policy and I don't think she's as tough on the financial sector as she might need to be as president. But on other issues? She and the left wing align more than most progressives seem to want to admit, for reasons that elude me.

rofl, yea ok

Revolver

So I was watching Meet the Press this morning and Chuck Todd asked Trump why he seems to have a pattern of attacking people on their looks and he basically replied that "It's hard to attack my looks because I'm so good looking." This guy just has to be trolling at this point.

Siegcram

It is kind of ridiculous especially considering Trump isn't exactly an honest guy himself. He's just louder and less rehearsed. He panders to a different group of people who have become increasingly influential in the GOP. He's still a dishonest scumbag, just with a fresher act than a typical stuffy politician.
It shouldn't, but it still shocks me that people say they'll vote for Trump just because he's shouting the loudest. I would expect those people to be in middle-school, but knowing the American electorate ... shit's getting grim.

And Hillary being as bad as anything in the running for the GOP ... give me a fucking break.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
She's not, though. She's not my favorite politician in the world, but saying that she's some sort of corporate puppet without any real values shows a stunning lack of knowledge of her career and the trajectory it's taken from Arkansas to First Lady to Senator to her 08 run to now.

Again -- I have some serious problems with her, especially on foreign policy and I don't think she's as tough on the financial sector as she might need to be as president. But on other issues? She and the left wing align more than most progressives seem to want to admit, for reasons that elude me.

Agreed. On all points.
Hillary is my vote but she's not my favorite politician either, by a long shot. You are right though she aligns with the left and that's where I align.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom