• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

Slime

Banned
Brian Beutler‏ @brianbeutler 46 minutes ago
This really leapt out at me. https://newrepublic.com/minutes/142788/rod-rosenstein-let-slip-may-witness-crime

DAN6rpwXcAAsJIg.jpg:large

This is kind of huge.

Next week:

CNN: Proof Trump colluded with Russians
MSNBC: Trump collusion with Russians confirmed
Fox: World's largest tomato grown in Elk Horn, Iowa

Brian Beutler‏ @brianbeutler 46 minutes ago
This really leapt out at me. https://newrepublic.com/minutes/142788/rod-rosenstein-let-slip-may-witness-crime

DAN6rpwXcAAsJIg.jpg:large

So maybe he went along with Trump's plan to fire Comey so that he could potentially bring him up on obstruction of justice once he established the special counsel. I'm glad that he and Comey appear to be patient enough to play their hands carefully.

Edit:
Forgive me, can you explain this like im a child?

He's saying that Rosenstein indicated that discussing Trump (or a Trump surrogate) telling him to write the letter suggesting that Comey be fired would fall under a criminal investigation, which implies that he thinks that being told to write that letter is potentially part of a crime.

Zolo

........ wait is Fox News even going with this story?

I figure it's worth pointing out that I spoke with someone who's Republican, and their opinion of the news is that they figure Trump will likely get impeached with Pence getting put in since that's who Republican congressmen want in the position anyway. Granted, this person didn't like Trump in the first place. So yeah. This could be news that really drops his approval; especially if even Fox News goes with it.

Lead story right now

CNN: Trump and Russians
MSNBC: Trump and Russians
Fox News: Dam repairs

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/865650804937572354

Probably not a good idea for fox to do this. People want to hear about this story no matter how inconvenient that is for Fox's agenda, and by ignoring it they risk that some of their audience starts relying on CNN or some other outlet, even if they think CNN is "liberal media" or whatever. I think most people would take what they consider slanted reporting on a story they care about over dam repairs that no one cares about, even if it's coming from their preferred channel.

TS-08

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237430338 said:
He was either forced to write the recommendation or he didn't write it in the first place.

I don't think it's any of that. I think he realized that the reason he was tasked to write the memo was to be used as a cover for why Trump fired Comey, and that this is potential evidence of obstruction.

I figure it's worth pointing out that I spoke with someone who's Republican, and their opinion of the news is that they figure Trump will likely get impeached with Pence getting put in since that's who Republican congressmen want in the position anyway. Granted, this person didn't like Trump in the first place. So yeah. This could be news that really drops his approval; especially if even Fox News goes with it.

Nah, if trump goes down, everybody needs to be eliminated.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So here is a question:

Does Bannon have a path to the oval office? By that I mean, if enough people above him go down, for example Trump, Pence, Ryan, etc, is it possible that the White House could fall to Bannon in any way?

Because if it is, wouldn't that be quite the coup if Bannon has been leaking all of this, maybe even accumulating evidence on his own on everyone, just to knock out enough people so that he can be President, an office he could never, EVER win legitimately?

Magwik

Banned
So here is a question:

Does Bannon have a path to the oval office? By that I mean, if enough people above him go down, for example Trump, Pence, Ryan, etc, is it possible that the White House could fall to Bannon in any way?

Because if it is, wouldn't that be quite the coup if Bannon has been leaking all of this, maybe even accumulating evidence on his own on everyone, just to knock out enough people so that he can be President, an office he could never, EVER win legitimately?

Bannon can't even dress himself properly
He doesn't have some master fucking plan

Mael

Just one day I would have loved coming back from lunch break without a fucking megaton, is that too much to ask?

So here is a question:

Nope. Not in the line of succession. Not even close.

So here is a question:

He's not in the line of succession. There is no path by which he could assume the Presidency.

So here is a question:

Nope. He would be out the second Pence or Ryan take over

samn

So here is a question:

no, that's an absurd proposition.

So here is a question:

tumblr_on72xzsb3d1qfqfdyo1_540.png

Unless he somehow ran next election, he won't ever be president.

I'd actually recommend looking up the basics of American Politics. This is pretty base level stuff.

Regginator

This has been a great week so far. My goal was to masturbate significantly less than normal (once so far, my goal is a maximum of twice), and Trump has gotten so much shit it's unbelievable. I might use the second one on this.

Not even 4 Fucking months and we're this deep into shit.

Like, I'm going to have to buy a lifetime subscription to the Washington Post, as well as mailing both them and the Times the unofficial "Brought Down a President" Merit Badge.

This would be WaPo's second time winning the award. Shout out to WoodStein

ascii42

So here is a question:

The only way I can think of is if he somehow became Speaker of the House. Theoretically possible, but not going to happen.

Slayven

tumblr_on72xzsb3d1qfqfdyo1_540.png

Unless he somehow ran next election, he won't ever be president.

I'd actually recommend looking up the basics of American Politics. This is pretty base level stuff.

Kinda hopes it goes all the way to Ryan.

Ryan becoming President after the biggest political scandal in history would be fitting him.

So I never post in these threads, or in OT for that matter. But CNN is reporting that the White House Lawyers are researching impeachment law. Calling it a "Distant possibility"

Top Bottom