• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to predict the name of the “Switch 2”

Hudo

I have read that some people are saying that the next Switch is called "Switch Attach". Which would be exactly the type of daft naming scheme Nintendo would come up with.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Nintendo Attract, if it has magnetic Joy-Cons as rumored.

Edit: I saw the Switch Attach rumor and thought "Attract" would sound a lot better. One letter makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Super Nintendo Switch (kinda like this one for nostalgia reasons)
Switch Deluxe
Switch Ultimate
Switch U
Switch DS
Switch Muji (internal codename of the Switch 2)
Switch Attach (possible leaked name)

Dr.D00p

Dunno, but I kind of laugh at the thought of all the anguish a few Nintendo salarymen are enduring in a basement level room, trying to come up with a universally, non naff, name.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think Nintendo Switch 2 or Super Nintendo Switch are the only 2 options on the table. But Nintendo never fail to surprise.

Lambogenie

GAMETHEYTHEM

They either keep Switch branding or risk a new name entirely. Hard to say given how successful Switch is it'd be risky to move away from it.

So Switch Advance, Super Nintendo Switch, Switch [new gimmick], Etc is my guess.

Personally, I like Super Nintendo Switch a lot. It's clear what is, keeps the name, maintains existing Switch while brining in the latest and greatest. It's not hard to market unless you're a total idiot consumer. Wii to Wii U this is not.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah I also think it will keep switch in the name. Straight up switch 2 would be good for them though super switch would be awesome for me. 😄

Majormaxxx

something stupid which will confuse the users into thinking it is not switch 2 but akin to ps4 pro / one x

for example

Switch On

Zannegan

I have read that some people are saying that the next Switch is called "Switch Attach". Which would be exactly the type of daft naming scheme Nintendo would come up with.
Switch Attach? Did they learn nothing from the previous generation? The name might sound okay in Japanese, but in English it sounds like a crappy third party accessory.

The wprst part is, if they wanted to highlight the supposed magnetic joycon feature, there would be better, snappier names that communicate the same idea. For example...

Nintendo Snap - featuring the joycon 2.0 that just snap into place. And when you're mad you can snap the console in half and buy another, I guess. They could even have another snappy soundbyte like the Switch's.

Okay, so Nintendo Snap might not be an amazing name, but Switch Attach is hilaribad. It's the Wii U x 10.

Fredrik

Should be Switch 2 but Nintendo will find a way to mess it all up like with Wii U so people think it’s an accessory for Switch. Maybe Switch Mag and the trailer will focus on showing the joycons and magnetism functionality.

Top Bottom