• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Pilots |OT| The Season's Dead, But Development Hell is Forever

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Cinemax on fiah!

Halt & Catch Fire and Turn both ordered to series by AMC.

Yesssss!!! MOAR AMC SERIES

I want to make the OT for Turn. :3

Development season is great. So many dreams that will ultimately be crushed :*(

Bravo passed on the Anna Gunn series "Rita". :( I hope some other channel picks it up.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Shawn Ryan said on Twitter that he's back in business with ABC. "Details to come soon."

I still haven't watched the last two episodes of Last Resort.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Quartet Of Actors Join Clive Owen In Steven Soderbergh’s Cinemax Series ‘The Knick’

Andre Holland (42), Juliet Rylance (Sinister), Eve Hewson (Enough Said) and Michael Angarano (Empire State) are set to co-star opposite Clive Owen in Cinemax‘s 10-part series The Knick, directed by Steven Soderbergh.

DirecTV Nears Series Order For MMA Drama

DirecTV is close to picking up its third original series. I hear the satcaster is finalizing the deals for a 10-episode straight-to-series order to Navy St., an hourlong drama from Bryan Balasco (Detroit 1-8-7) and Endemol Studios. Navy St. is described as a gritty family drama set against the backdrop of a mixed martial arts (MMA) gym based in Venice, California. It deals with survival, ambition, self-destruction and love in all of its messy iterations. Navy St. is said to be in the vein of acclaimed family/football drama Friday Night Lights, which ended its run on DirecTV.

Sound sort of like FX's Lights Out. Could be cool.

Neat.

Will Stallone be a part of it?

No idea, lol.

- David Milch’s ‘The Money’ Gets HBO Pilot Greenlight With Brendan Gleeson As Star
Brendan Gleeson is set as the lead in The Money, David Milch‘s latest drama project for HBO. With Gleeson on board, it has received a formal pilot order. Written by Milch, The Money is about wealth and corruption among the super elite, focusing on American mogul and patriarch James Castman (Gleeson), who wields power and influence to expand his media empire and control his family.

Milch is executive producing with Art & John Linson (Sons Of Anarchy). Frank Rich, who has a deal at HBO, also is exec producing. Justin Chadwick is set to direct the pilot and co-executive produce with Eric Roth and Sarah Caplan. Gleeson, repped by Principal Entertainment and Ireland’s The Agency, has won an Emmy for an HBO project, the 2009 movie Into the Storm. This would mark the veteran actor’s first U.S. TV series. For Milch, who has been under a deal at HBO for a decade, The Money marks his fifth pilot at the pay cable network. Three of the other four — Deadwood, John From Cincinnati and Luck — went to series.

- Deadline: Adam Rayner Lands The Lead In Howard Gordon’s Pilot ‘Tyrant’
EXCLUSIVE: After an extensive search, British actor Adam Rayner has been cast as the lead in the high-profile drama pilot Tyrant, from Homeland executive producers Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff and Six Feet Under alum Craig Wright. Created by Raff, developed by Gordon and Wright and to be directed by David Yates, FX’s Tyrant tells the story of an unassuming American family — Barry (Rayner), Molly and their kids — drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle East nation. Gordon, Raff and Wright executive produce in association with Keshet Broadcasting. The Fox 21-produced project, which will film the pilot in Morocco, has a big commitment at FX and is expected to go to series. Rayner, repped by Paula Rosenberg, Innovative Artists and attorney Jamie Feldman, recently played the title role in the Simon West-directed pilot The Saint. He also co-starred opposite Melissa George on the Cinemax/BBC spy drama Hunted.

KqbCgwG.png

Clevinger

Yeah, I could list three or four guys from Hunted that I'd rather have as lead in a series, but maybe he was limited by the material there or something.

He was also gonna be the lead in that (failed?) The Saint tv series. People must have been really impressed with his acting!

He's quite handsome though.

edit: Wait, they already made it? Wonder what network it's going to be on. He stars alongside fellow acting titan Eliza Dushku.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Omari Hardwick To Star In Starz Drama ‘Power’

Omari Hardwick (Dark Blue) has landed the lead in Starz‘s drama series Power.

Power, which has an eight-episode order, tells the story of James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Hardwick), a wealthy New York City nightclub owner who wants to build an empire, turn the club into a Fortune 500 business, but there’s just one problem: Ghost is living a double life as the kingpin of the most lucrative drug network in New York. His marriage, family and business all become unknowingly threatened as he is tempted to leave his criminal life behind and become the rags-to-riches businessman he wants to be most of all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Lindsay Lohan was such a pro on the set of "Eastbound & Down" ... its star Danny McBride wants to take her talents with him ... to a show he's developing for HBO.

Danny was so impressed with her work he had several serious talks with her on set about a new show. He wants her to star in it.

We're told the show is being developed by McBride and his producing partner Jody Hill. It will be in the same comedic vein as "Eastbound" ... but revolve around a high school.

Our sources say Lindsay loves the idea and is hoping it works out.

:O

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FX Orders Drama Pilot Starring Paul Giamatti

The cabler has placed an order for Hoke, an hour-long darkly comedic drama that finds the Emmy winner playing a hardboiled and possibly insane homicide detective by the name of Hoke Mosely in Miami circa 1985.

please no more detective shows :(

It sounds good and Giamatti is a good actor, but I'm really sick of seeing detectives and cops on my television screen. :/

tumblr_m2n5beG3jQ1qdwr58.gif

FX Orders Drama Pilot Starring Paul Giamatti

please no more detective shows :(

It sounds good and Giamatti is a good actor, but I'm really sick of seeing detectives and cops on my television screen. :/

Could be fun.

Fingers crossed for a cross-over with The Americans!

Ah, cool. I wonder if they'll try and pair Quarry with Banshee next year? (assuming it gets picked up to series)
I wonder what their strategy is going forward - whether they'll try and pair up shows during part of the year, or spread their content around so there's always an original on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wonder what their strategy is going forward - whether they'll try and pair up shows during part of the year, or spread their content around so there's always an original on.

I think they'd be better off giving their new shows established lead ins, as opposed to trying to make all their freshman shows self starters.

beat

I just realized today that if there are multiple Oz shows in the works and multiple Sherlock Holmes shows on the air, someone should make a Holmes-in-Oz show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Spike TV Developing King Tut Event Series

The six-part series, from Canadian production company MUSE Entertainment (The Kennedys), is based on historical facts from recently discovered DNA evidence. It explores the drama of power, political backstabbing, war and murder and chronicles King Tut’s rise to glory, his efforts to rule a chaotic empire and the enigma surrounding his death. A young Tut is thrust into power after the murder of his father. The neophyte ruler is forced to marry his sister in order to maintain the dynasty. Although Tut rules as Pharaoh, he is controlled like a puppet by three formidable men who plot against him and vie for the throne themselves. Against all odds, Tut grows from an insecure and manipulated prince to a hero on the battlefield, leading his kingdom into war and victory. Just as he takes control of his nation and his destiny, he is betrayed.

TheOddOne

Bryan Singer To Produce Modern Monster Drama Project For Syfy
Syfy has teamed up with X-Men director Bryan Singer and his Bad Hat Harry Prods. (House) for Creature At Bay, a drama series project, which will be developed as a 90-minute pilot script. It will be written by John Cabrera, co-creator of Warner Bros.’ award winning sci-fi digital series H+, also produced by Bryan Singer.

Creature At Bay is set in the wake of the US military taking down a giant, rampant creature — a modern-day “Kaiju” monster – just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.

Universal Cable Prods. is producing, with Singer and Bad Hat’s Jason Taylor executive producing and John Cabrera co-executive producing. WME-repped Bad Hat Harry Prods. also has ABC’s straight-to-series The Black Box, and a Twilight Zone reboot in development at CBS TV Studios. H+ is in pre-production on a second season.

- Starz to Develop New Original Drama Series 'Gringo'
Starz announced today that the company will develop the one-hour drama “Gringo” for STARZ. The project, inspired by "The Shadow Catcher,” the non-fiction book by highly decorated U.S. Immigration Officer Hipolito Acosta, will chronicle a Mexican-American Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Agent who infiltrates one of Mexico’s most deadly drug and human smuggling cartels. “Gringo” is written by “Spartacus” franchise alums Aaron Helbing and Todd Helbing and Executive Produced by Steve Lee Jones (“You Don’t Know Jack”) of Bee Holder Productions.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO Acquires ‘Doll & Em’ From Emily Mortimer

Originally commissioned Sky Living, the 6-episode half-hour series was created by and stars Mortimer and fellow British actress Dolly Wells (The Mighty Boosh, Spy). A portrait of female friendship, Doll & Em tells the story of a British Hollywood star who hires her childhood friend to be her personal assistant while making a film in Los Angeles.

Sounds promising enough.

- Deadline: Martin Freeman To Star In FX Limited Series ‘Fargo’
Sherlock co-star Martin Freeman is set as the co-lead opposite Billy Bob Thornton in FX’s first limited series Fargo, executive produced by Joel and Ethan Coen. A 10-episode limited series inspired by the Coens’ 1996 film, FX’s Fargo will feature an all-new true crime story, with the series following a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and “Minnesota nice” that were the film’s trademark. It centers on Lester Nygaard (Freeman), a small town insurance salesman henpecked by his wife, whose life is changed when a mysterious stranger, Lorne Malvo (Thornton), comes to town. The Lester role draws parallels to the character played by William H. Macy in the movie.Fargo was written by Noah Hawley, with Adam Bernstein set to direct the opening hour. FX Prods. and MGM Television are producing, with Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen, and Geyer Kosinski exec producing.

Top Bottom