• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Pilots |OT| The Season's Dead, But Development Hell is Forever

- Deadline: Titus Welliver To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Bosch'
Veteran character actor Titus Welliver is getting his due, landing his first series lead role. I’ve learned that the Lost and Sons Of Anarchy alum has been tapped to play the title character in Amazon’s first drama pilot Bosch, a police procedural based on Michael Connelly‘s novels about Harry Bosch (Welliver), a veteran police homicide detective with the Los Angeles Police Department. The pilot was written by Connelly and Treme co-creator Eric Overmeyer, who are executive producing with Fabrik’s Henrik Bastin and Mikkel Bondesen. Bosch has been at the center of or featured in 20 novels by Connelly over the past two decades.
Welliver and Overmeyer? I'm intrigued.

Vert boil

IFC picked up the Garfunkel and Oates show today. 10 episodes, 2014.

http://splitsider.com/2013/09/ifc-orders-a-garfunkel-and-oates-tv-show/

-----

Earwolf and IFC are still sitting in a tree...
Earwolf are developing The Embassy with James Adomian. "IFC has signed a first-look deal with Earwolf Productions, and Earwolf will be developing both podcasts and original ideas for the network."

IFC also released info on a new TV project co-created by and starring James Adomian, produced by the new TV wing of Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ullrich's podcast network Earwolf. Called The Embassy, the potential series is being written by Adomian and Aukerman and it's set in the Washington, D.C., embassy of a fictional country called Costa Verde, following a hacktivist who's trying to be granted asylum.

http://splitsider.com/2013/09/ifc-i...acters-created-by-adomian-and-scott-aukerman/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

THR - Colin Hanks to Co-Star in FX's 'Fargo' Reboot

Dexter grad Colin Hanks has boarded the network's reboot of Joel and Ethan Coen's feature film, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Hanks will play
Gus Grimly, a police deputy and single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman when he comes face-to-face with a killer
. He joins a cast top-lined by Oscar winner Billy Bob Thornton, who will portray the
Steve Buscemi role of Lorne Malvo, the rootless, manipulative man who meets a small-town insurance salesman
(played in FX's take by Sherlock's Martin Freeman)
that sets him on a path of destruction

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
HBO has put in development 'These Things Happen', a half-hour comedy based on the first novel by TV writer-producer Richard Kramer.

These Things Happen is set in present day Manhattan and focuses on two couples – one gay, one straight. They share a 15-year-old son, who lives on the upper East Side with his mother and doctor stepfather. Trying to get to know his impressive, distant father better, he moves in for a semester with him and his long-time partner who forms an instant friendship with the boy.

Linius

Today was the first time I heard about Fargo. So this is going to be limited to just the ten episodes talked about, no further seasons right? With the Coen brothers on board and some of the cast that has been revealed I'm pretty excited. Also, FX, enough said.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Today was the first time I heard about Fargo. So this is going to be limited to just the ten episodes talked about, no further seasons right? With the Coen brothers on board and some of the cast that has been revealed I'm pretty excited. Also, FX, enough said.

It's designed to be an anthology series like American Horror Story. Each season would focus on a different set of storylines and characters, with new actors coming in each year.

Clevinger

some casting news about Milch's The Money pilot.

Andrea Riseborough (Oblivion), David Harewood (Homeland), and Nathan Lane have been cast.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
some casting news about Milch's The Money pilot.

Andrea Riseborough (Oblivion), David Harewood (Homeland), and Nathan Lane have been cast.

Interesting. Harewood is playing
the CEO of the parent company that owns Gleeson's company. I was expecting Gleeson to be at the very top of the food chain, more like a Murdoch.

Linius

It's designed to be an anthology series like American Horror Story. Each season would focus on a different set of storylines and characters, with new actors coming in each year.

Oh I see. Never watched anything with a format like that before. Sounds interesting.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Tim Kring Producing CW High School Drama

Heroes creator Tim Kring is shepherding another drama project about teens with powers. The CW has put in development Exp, from Kring’s Tim Kring Imperative and Warner Bros. TV. Written on spec by up-and-coming scribes Zach Craley and Jarrett Conaway, Exp explores what happens when a foreign designer drug – engineered to make you faster, smarter, stronger and better in every way – is trafficked illegally into American high schools, weaving a morally and socially complex web that entangles politicians, law enforcement and teenagers looking for an edge in an ever-competitive and fast-paced world.

So.

They're just script sales. But I helped on two of them and would like to work on them if they go to series.

Whoa, you helped write them? Is your name going to be on Deadline? :O

ivysaur12

Banned
Tim Kring Producing CW High School Drama

So.

Whoa, you helped write them? Is your name going to be on Deadline? :O

No, hah. Helped construct, edit, gives notes on the pitches (some really big, some really small). We sort of converted all the assistants in the office into a make-shift production company while we were still finishing out Diva so we all sort of became development assistants. It was fun. One of the projects is cool. The one that hasn't closed yet is my favorite and the one I did the most work on, so I hope it comes through. Bossman's assistant may get his name in it, because he's technically his director of development.

But like, this all happened on Monday. Where is my news article, Deadline?!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No, hah. Helped construct, edit, gives notes on the pitches (some really big, some really small). We sort of converted all the assistants in the office into a make-shift production company while we were still finishing out Diva so we all sort of became development assistants. It was fun. One of the projects is cool. The one that hasn't closed yet is my favorite and the one I did the most work on, so I hope it comes through. Bossman's assistant may get his name in it, because he's technically his director of development.

Ivy hittin' da big leagues. Remember us when you're rich and famous! :D

beat

Ivy hittin' da big leagues. Remember us when you're rich and famous! :D

Ivy, if we ever end up interviewing for a job with you, how should we signal that we know you from the internet? =) Wearing a NeoGAF T-shirt seems like it might be a bit gauche.

Clevinger

Three more join Milch's The Money pilot.

Patrick Kennedy (Boardwalk Empire), Dominique McElligott (Hell on Wheels) and Laila Robins have been cast opposite Brendan Gleeson in The Money, David Milch‘s new drama pilot for HBO.

Kennedy will play John Castman, James Castman’s dutiful and ethically strong son who is a key lieutenant in Castman’s empire. McElligott will play James’ beloved daughter Katherine Castman. Robins will play Ruth Castman, James’s wife and mother of his three adult children

Seems like a huge chunk of the main cast are Irish or English playing Americans, though that Oblivion lady might be playing a brit. I don't care though as long as Gleeson's improved his American accent since Green Zone. *crosses fingers* It was so bad in that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another challenger appears:

National Geographic Greenlights Relativity’s ‘Act Of Valor’ As First Scripted Series

Written by Erik Jendresen (Band Of Brothers), Act Of Valor the series focuses on pararescuemen, also known as PJs, who are the unsung heroes tasked with recovery and medical treatment of personnel in humanitarian and combat environments.

“Relativity’s unique model allows us to successfully transform a film such as Act Of Valor into a highly engaging television series,” said Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh. “We could not ask for a better home for the series than National Geographic Channel.”

“With the incredible success of our original scripted feature films, we are expanding our offerings with a high quality scripted series we know will resonate with our viewers,” said National Geographic Channels president Howard Owens. “After the success of our documentary series Inside Combat Rescue about PJs in Afghanistan, we wanted to tell more incredible stories of these heroes, and this series will allow us to do so in an exciting and dramatic way, while still delivering real, authentic stories our viewers expect from us.”

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cinemax Developing American/Scandinavian Western Drama

Blood & Ice, from Banshee director Ole Christian Madsen (OC Madsen), is an American/Scandinavian Western-inspired action drama about the near-future race to control the vast natural resources hiding in the Arctic. A series of brutal murders shatters the provincial calm of Greenland as Chinese, Americans and Russians start pouring into the region. Blood & Ice was created by Creative Alliance’s Madsen and screenwriter Anders Thomas Jensen, and the story was developed by Christian Muff, Madsen, and Anders Thomas Jensen.

Sounds really cool. Cinemax has some really exciting projects in development right now.

zugzug

So what I'm taking from all this is we can send IRL Ivysaur or movie scripts and he will market them and move them as his own and become a big cheese on the backs of us little people with bad ideas for movies.

- Deadline: FX’s ‘Fargo’ Adds Kate Walsh, Joey King And Josh Close
Kate Walsh, Joey King and Josh Close have joined the cast of Fargo, FX‘s first limited series. Joel and Ethan Coen are executive producing the 10-episode series inspired by their 1996 pic, with the new incarnation featuring a new story and characters. FX Prods and MGM Television are producing, with writer Noah Hawley, Warren Littlefield, and Geyer Kosinski also exec producing. Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman, Oliver Platt and Colin Hanks already are aboard.

Walsh will play Gina,
a trophy wife-type and reluctant mother of twin sons.
The one-time star of ABC‘s Private Practice will next be seen this fall in Neil LaBute’s DirecTV series Full Circle and her upcoming feature roles include Lorne Michaels’ Staten Island Summer and the indie thriller Dermaphoria. She is repped by CAA and Evolution Entertainment. King, who just finished shooting Zach Braff’s Kickstarter-born pic Wish I Was Here, will play Greta,
the daughter of Hanks’ police deputy, a single father who comes face-to-face with a killer.
She is repped by Dan Spilo at Industry Entertainment and Coast to Coast Talent Group. Close will play Ron,
the brother of Freeman’s small-town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard.
The casting reunites Close and Hawley, who worked together on ABC’s The Unusuals. Close, repped by Untitled Entertainment and Don Buchwald & Associates, was most recently in Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master and FX’s Justified.

Z7Kf63L.jpg
XOw7PRB.jpg
ocVUHti.jpg
Close on Justified was
the guy running the fight club in S4, most famously known for his "Bitches, chill" line.

beat

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/com...uple-pilot-from-workaholics-craig-digregorio/
EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot pickup to Checked Out, a comedy written by Workaholics co-executive producer Craig DiGregorio. The project, to be directed by Matt Villines and Oz Rodriguez (Saturday Night Live), follows two co-dependent, odd-couple cousins (Sean Clements and Dominic Dierkes) trying to manage a youth hostel without fully understanding youth, managing, hostels, or how people normally behave.
Couple of things:

1) Clements and Dierkes are hilarious.

2) a youth hostel is a pretty interesting setting for a sitcom.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
- Deadline: FX’s ‘Fargo’ Adds Kate Walsh, Joey King And Josh CloseClose on Justified was
the guy running the fight club in S4, most famously known for his "Bitches, chill" line.

Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh and Glenn Howerton Join the Cast of 'Fargo'

Bob Odenkirk, Oliver Platt, Kate Walsh and Glenn Howerton are among the stars joining Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Freeman and Colin Hanks in the FX limited series Fargo, an original adaptation of the classic Academy Award®-winning feature film.

FX Orders WWII Miniseries From ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Christian Colson

It's certainly a remarkable tale, and very famous in Norway. You can read a little about it here

Maybe they will include this guy. He was only peripherally involved in the Telemark raid, but he became very famous for being a double agent, and he's from my home town.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oooooh interesting!

Yeah, it sounds pretty cool. I like that it's not just another "Americans storming the beach of Normandy" type thing.

It's certainly a remarkable tale, and very famous in Norway. You can read a little about it here

Maybe they will include this guy. He was only peripherally involved in the Telemark raid, but he became very famous for being a double agent, and he's from my home town.

Thanks for the link. I'd never heard of it before. Sounds like it'll make for a really good series.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just yesterday it was announced that Michael Bay was producing and possibly directing a movie about this story, based on a forthcoming book by Neal Bascomb.

I wonder if Danny Boyle would direct any of this.

Top Bottom