• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

My custom soundtrack is just going to be previous games' music. Wish I could pop some TM2 sound effects in, like the death scream when someone dies and some of the little jingles that play for Specials.

Enemies Toasted!
Already wasting time creating gaf cars. This game will be a time consumer. :D

yMsAe.jpg

Fan-tastic.

Let's help build a custom playlist, Gaffers

What's everyone's favorite song from the demo and what is your ideal custom playlist going to be? I know PS3 doesn't do custom music yet, but we can dream ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQBtVQ0TxWA This song from the game, I love so much. Cruising down the road, and getting into the chaos with this blaring feels awesome. It just fits so perfectly. I feel like putting on my sunglasses whenever it comes up. Compton from NWA is also so badass. Oh, and Rob Zombie is a given.

Would love some custom suggestions, I don't normally listen to this kind of heavy music, but I am wanting to build an awesome set for Twisted Metal

I know I am putting in Superbeast my Rob Zombie for sure, perhaps the whole TM3 tracklist, but outside that I don't have a clue.

Not sure what my favorite song from the demo is but THIS came on the radio when I was driving my real car and I had to fight the urge to ram damage the other drivers. :lol

ElRenoRaven

Yep, #1 on PS3, #8 in videogames on US Amazon.

#1 on PS3, #4 in videogames on Canada Amazon.

#64 in Action & Shooter PS3 games (are there even 64 action games on the PS3!?) and #899 in videogames on UK Amazon. :\

Wow. Still who would have thought fucking Twisted Metal at # fucking 1 on the PS3 charts. Just amazing considering what it had to overcome to get there.

Endo Punk

Ok, who in here does NOT like clowns, BUT is thinking about getting Twisted Metal?

That reminds me of a funny story. Long ago(90s) I was terrified of clowns after watching 'it' and Space Clowns. I had really bad nightmares and for the most part I couldn't remember them. But then I got into Twisted Metal not knowing about Sweet Tooth, of course then I realised but by that time I began to like him and became my favourite character in the game. After playing TM I never got clown related nightmares again. I don't know if Sweet Tooth chased them away or subconsciously I realised Im just another F'ed clown as well.

Tokubetsu

Let's help build a custom playlist, Gaffers

What's everyone's favorite song from the demo and what is your ideal custom playlist going to be? I know PS3 doesn't do custom music yet, but we can dream ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQBtVQ0TxWA This song from the game, I love so much. Cruising down the road, and getting into the chaos with this blaring feels awesome. It just fits so perfectly. I feel like putting on my sunglasses whenever it comes up. Compton from NWA is also so badass. Oh, and Rob Zombie is a given.

Would love some custom suggestions, I don't normally listen to this kind of heavy music, but I am wanting to build an awesome set for Twisted Metal

I know I am putting in Superbeast my Rob Zombie for sure, perhaps the whole TM3 tracklist, but outside that I don't have a clue.

Liturgy - "Returner"
3 Inches of Blood - "Night Marauders"
Pantera - "Primal Concrete Sledge"
Protest The Hero - "Heretics & Killers"
Killah Priest - "Osirus Eyes"
Vinnie Paz ft. Clipse - "Street Wars"
Army of the Pharaohs - "Henry The 8th"
Spaceghostpurrp -"S.A.N.D."

If you raw ride vagina darkside youse a dumb mothafucker~

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Yep, #1 on PS3, #8 in videogames on US Amazon.

#1 on PS3, #4 in videogames on Canada Amazon.

#64 in Action & Shooter PS3 games (are there even 64 action games on the PS3!?) and #899 in videogames on UK Amazon. :\

That's the shit! NICE! I knew you could do it, Sweet Tooth! Now just keep your crazy ass up there (and in the overall top 10) for a decent amount of time! :)

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I am surprised by the amount of pre-orders, though I still worry for review scores.

If it wasn't for the fact it would be all over the web (and then I'd get crap for it), I'd love to tell you the meta critic average I'm expecting.

Damn, it sucks having learned my lesson! This Sucks!!!!

David

If it wasn't for the fact it would be all over the web (and then I'd get crap for it), I'd love to tell you the meta critic average I'm expecting.

David

My preorder is paid in full. PM us all Jaffe and tell us! We won't tell!

BHK3

Banned
That would be a lot of PMs. lol

Yeah it would lol. Even after the game is out, I think Jaffe is still gonna get shit if he tells us what he was expecting the score to be.

You just can't win sometimes lol. Also props to the dude who made the TM vehicle avatars, loving this warthog avatar.

Pranay

465456465.png

Well if uncharted fans can cause a havoc on eurogamer, im sure twisted metals will do it with more insanity lol

10dollas

Banned
I curious if fox news is going to be all over this shit. This game seems like it was specially made for the expressed purpose to be paraded around like a bloodied pinata on fox news. :)

Speaking of which, wonder if any one will make me an O'reily fair and balanced mobile. :D Would love to be making chumps out of all my online competition with O'reily's ugly mug being their last image before their car gets sent to the scrapheap.

Shit, if we are uploading our skins to Sony, will this process then suffer the same fate as LilBigPLanet's community level database: being policed with trademark enforcement and such?

David

On a completely unrelated matter: What are your three favorite numbers? ...

For example mine are 7, 1, and 92

BHK3

Banned
Wait, how does the texturing work on Warthog?

He's technically two vehicles, will the car part be customizable like normal and you can't touch the tank part? Or will both parts be open to painting? Cause I wanna put the TM: Black Warthogs face on the car and paint the tank part red white and blue.

ElRenoRaven

I curious if fox news is going to be all over this shit. This game seems like it was made for the expressed purpose to be puppeted around like a bloodied pinata on fox news.

Speaking of which, wonder if any one will make me an O'reily fair and balanced mobile. :D Would love to be making chumps out of all my online competition with O'reily's ugly mug being their last image before their car gets sent to the scrapheap.

Shit, if we are uploading our skins to Sony, will this process then suffer the same fate as LilBigPLanet's community map database: being policed with trademark enforcement and such?

As an avid Fox News watcher (insert gasps here) I doubt it. Only once in a blue moon do they really get uppity about something gaming and then it's usually only if someone else has made a stink about it. And hell they I don't think did anything about Black so if they didn't do anything about it I doubt they will about this one. Usually it's something overly "sexual" or something "anti American" that they do things about.

Nope, go ahead.

Thnx. This the second avatar i've used made by you. *BroChainsawFist*

Well just pick the one which you have seen and ill request one more time to change it. <_<

But please hope the OT tag discussion doesnt make the thread go completely offtopic

I only said it because the backlash is so inclined. >_>
Don't care so much anymore...i just want this game already! only a few more days!

Twisted Metal |OT| of Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play. NOW WITH FLAMING CHAINSAWS!!
(Will probably receive more backlash, but I think thats just about under the title character limit)

Hell, Jaffe should just create or pick the thread title. XD

Pranay

Thnx. This the second avatar i've used made by you. *BroChainsawFist*

I only said it because the backlash is so inclined. >_>
Don't care so much anymore...i just want this game already! only a few more days!

Twisted Metal |OT| of Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play. NOW WITH FLAMING CHAINSAWS!!
(Will probably receive more backlash, but I think thats just about under the title character limit)

Hell, Jaffe should just create or pick the thread title. XD

this ;b

10dollas

Banned
As an avid Fox News watcher (insert gasps here) I doubt it. Only once in a blue moon do they really get uppity about something gaming and then it's usually only if someone else has made a stink about it. And hell they I don't think did anything about Black so if they didn't do anything about it I doubt they will about this one. Usually it's something overly "sexual" or something "anti American" that they do things about.

awww, tis unfortunate, if that's the case. A good shit flinging show always gets thee spirits up.

edit: Not only that, but fox news making a big stink about any game is fantastic cost-free marketing that I'm sure Jaffe and the team wouldn't mind.

prwxv3

Its mostly the fox news website posters that get upset and post shit. And every time they do people get mad at the television news people. Oreilly rarely talks about vidya. And if everyone watches him as often as I do they would know that.

ElRenoRaven

Its mostly the fox news website posters that get upset and post shit. And every time they do people get mad at the television news people. Oreilly rarely talks about vidya. And if everyon watched him as often as I do they would know that.

Exactly. If they do any it's usually the afternoon news shows on the channel that do. I don't think Bill or Hannity have not done any about games to be honest.

ElRenoRaven

I would tear shit up with an O'Reilly Factor car.

Fuck, reskin Talon to be a Fox News helicopter.

Oh shit. That's an awesome idea. I'm so going to take the O'Reilly Factor logo and put that on one of the cars without a doubt.

Also looking at the Amazon list again I decided to look at the most wished for list. Turns out the game is the 12th most wished for thing in gaming.

prwxv3

I would tear shit up with an O'Reilly Factor car.

Fuck, reskin Talon to be a Fox News helicopter.

That would be glorious. And sadly the mere site of anything fox news related gets many people madder then hell. That skin and in combination with someone playing well should invoke plenty of rage.

ElRenoRaven

That would be glorious. And sadly the mere site of anything fox news related gets many people madder then hell. That skin and in combination with someone playing well should invoke plenty of rage.

Yes it would. Imagine all the hate messages that can be gotten from that. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10dollas

Banned
Hey guys pump your breaks. I already called dibs on the Bill-Oreilly-mobile and there ain't enough room in this particular online space for more big egos under the fox news brand! But its all good, all the news teams in Anchorman are still up for grabs! :)

ElRenoRaven

Play Kamikaze. EMP Shockwave = No Spin Zone

I didn't really think about it until now but the whole custom skin thing is going to be nuts.

It really is. The cool shit people will be able to make is going to be amazing. And I love it. Hmm. Wonder what could be done with Axel. his specials would also be great choices. lol

10dollas

Banned
Play Kamikaze. EMP Shockwave = No Spin Zone

I didn't really think about it until now but the whole custom skin thing is going to be nuts.

Yeah it has the potential to be, but will anybody actually be able to recognize the skin on any of the cars in motion? All combat (in the demo) was a blurry destructive mess that tended to occur with a bit of distance between combatants.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ok, who in here does NOT like clowns, BUT is thinking about getting Twisted Metal?
Oh, me me me. I fucking hate clowns. As a kid I was at the zoo, and this clown was handing out balloons to all the kids... well of course I wanted one as well so I go over and he acts like he's going to hand me one, when he suddenly pops it in my face instead and laughs.

Fucking clows... never liked them since then. Never been a Sweet Tooth player either, maybe that's why lol.

Branson

Wait, you can skin your cars how you like if you want? I seriously didn't know this. Is there anywhere I can read more about this?

ElRenoRaven

Wait, you can skin your cars how you like if you want? I seriously didn't know this. Is there anywhere I can read more about this?

This this very thread David gave a great overview of how it will work. Other then that there hasn't been much mentioned due to embargos on reviews and such. Some of the sites that have shown gameplay haven't really touched on it.

Top Bottom