• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Anniversary: Back to Pokémon Red!

MrBadger

Here comes the dome

QyDbfn6.jpg

PBalfredo

Shit, it's going to take a lot to get Charizard out of the PC. With the way this hack makes the levels of pokemon rocket upward with each new area, we seriously need Charizard back.

Azure J

I was up when they got Charizard (holy shit a fully evolved fire starter) and you're telling me since then, they haven't gotten anything more going AND put Growlizard (rip Slash) in the PC?

Good shit. :lol

They really think that this rag tag team of misfits will be able to power through the game if they just spending time grinding in that one spot. They're just wasting time.

PBalfredo

Mankey deposited, Poliwag released (the one without Take Down, I believe) and Charizard returned to the party.

PC encounters are intense.

Andrefpvs

Mankey deposited, Poliwag released (the one without Take Down, I believe) and Charizard returned to the party.

PC encounters are intense.

In the end we basically traded Mankey for Krabby, and got back the better Poliwag. That's alright.

If only we could deposit Kakuna and Magikarp (._.)

PBalfredo

Criminy, even the first trainer in Misty's gym has a level 28 Seadra and Wartotle. The pokemon in the grass outside are level 10. This version is vicious..

Did even Blaze Black 2 have this degree of level disparity?

Azure J

Criminy, even the first trainer in Misty's gym has a level 28 Seadra and Wartotle. The pokemon in the grass outside are level 10. This version is vicious..

Did even Blaze Black 2 have this degree of level disparity?

I'm legitimately interested in having this version to play casually sometime. I'd also love to see how people change the encounters, trainer Pokemon and levels in the game's coding.

ghostjoke

Banned
Can't believe it's been a year. Can't believe I care so much that it's been a year. Can't believe how much time I spent watching the chaos. Nothing will compared to that first time through. Bloody Sunday, never forget.

Toxi

Banned
I forgot how damn sick I was of the Cerulean City music.

OH SHIT WE MISSED WITH RAGE

When you miss with Rage in Gen 1, you have only a 1 in 256 chance of hitting on subsequent attacks.

Azure J

The best part is that Lapras is only her first Pokemon. Her second one is likely Starmie.

We are so screwed.

I'm placing my bet on the thing being Level 31 with a proto-Smogon moveset.

Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Bubblebeam (because she has to give it to you as a TM anyway)

Edit: This game makes me want to get deep into Omega Ruby. I've had it since day 1 but Smash/Guilty Gear have been eating all my gaming time since.

So...how are we going to be stocking PokeBalls once we reach the Elite Four and aim towards filling the PokeDex? This is Pokemon Red, so our options for money are limited to either facing the E4 many times or selling items we happen to find, right?

What happened to the dome fossil? Poor Kakuna will never evolve.

EDIT: NVM I didn't see it in their item list for a while. It is still there it seems.

Andrefpvs

So...how are we going to be stocking PokeBalls once we reach the Elite Four and aim towards filling the PokeDex? This is Pokemon Red, so our options for money are limited to either facing the E4 many times or selling items we happen to find, right?

That info is in the OP.

Close but no cigar.

Misty's second Pokémon is a Starmie with Harden. Misty also uses X Defends. Critical Hits are our only hope, lol

tcrunch

Those futile cries of "we need to catch a grass-type" as the Charizard continues to use only growl and leer vs. Misty's lapras are amazing.

Top Bottom