• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter being rebranded to “X”, bird logo going away

keep fucking that chicken, lol. There's no way anyone other than Elon is buying into this idea in good faith.
This is a bit off topic, but as a good and caring member of the Neogaf community I must warn you to tread very careful my friend on the NeoGaf forums. We have 1 particular member here who goes by the name of kanjobazooie kanjobazooie and he tends to prey on Mice and then touch their balls. Now, I know you say your a NinjaMouse, I'd still advise full caution. kanjobazooie kanjobazooie could strike at any moment now. Shhhh...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
buyfq6L.jpg
Lol. Clever tactic. Hey, it’s business and competition.

Just like a retailer will be clever enough to put their store brand product on sale the same week as a branded product does it so their In-house product is still cheaper.

Retailers need products from giant corporations but they want to protect their own turf too.

Just like a retailer will be clever enough to put their store brand product on sale the same week as a branded product does it so their In-house product is still cheaper.

Retailers need products from giant corporations but they want to protect their own turf too.

NY Times is not Twitter's competition.

Thaedolus

On the other hand, if you're a supposed "free speech absolutist," hypocritically being an actual thin-skinned and petty censoring loser may, in fact, hurt your brand:

thefool

>he will never buy twitter, its just trolling
>twitter acquisition will be blocked by regulators
>bid is too high, he can't afford it
>he paid too much because he couldn't bail out of the agreement
>ad companies will all leave twitter right away
>twitter blue is the death of the platform
>twitter will stop working if he fires 80%+ of the workforce, rip
>threads is launched, rip twitter
>twitter renaming to X is gonna destroy the only good thing he had left, the brand.
>he will lose to Zuck in a fight
>You are here
>....

The levels of copium by the same users over the last two years in these twitter threads are at levels that shouldn't even be possible.
That we moved away from discussing a platform censoring the president of the USA to trying to play gotcha over a bunch of dickhead billionaires wanting to fight or adding a bunch of delays to websites redirects really tells it all that needs to be said about this subject.

Last edited:
>twitter renaming to X is gonna destroy the only good thing he had left, the brand.
>You are here
>....

The levels of copium by the same users over the last two years in these twitter threads are at levels that shouldn't even be possible.
That we moved away from discussing a platform censoring the president of the USA to trying to play gotcha over a bunch of dickhead billionaires wanting to fight or adding a bunch of delays to websites redirects really tells it all that needs to be said about this subject.

are you scared of engaging with those users you moan about directly?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
This is a bit off topic, but as a good and caring member of the Neogaf community I must warn you to tread very careful my friend on the NeoGaf forums. We have 1 particular member here who goes by the name of kanjobazooie kanjobazooie and he tends to prey on Mice and then touch their balls. Now, I know you say your a NinjaMouse, I'd still advise full caution. kanjobazooie kanjobazooie could strike at any moment now. Shhhh...

jX0zeiB.png

My balls will remain on high alert ‼️

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Elon announces they will be removing the block feature and rely exclusively on muting.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Elon announces they will be removing the block feature and rely exclusively on muting.

First good decision. Answering someone with lie/misinformation and then blocking the person so they can't reply is standard twitter discussion strat.

And also the fact that you can't see tweets from person who blocked you is bullshit cause you can see them if you log out.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My guess is they will alter the function of muting where if you mute a person they can no longer reply to you, but they can still see your feed. I don't think there's anything wrong with that if that's the route they go. It's stupid that if someone has an account of interesting information, that you can be disallowed to see what they say if they're acting like an overly sensitive petulant child.

And for those who would argue "Well, what about someone who's stalkery? They'd get to see your feed and see what you're up to." Well, they can do that anyway simply by logging out or making another account.

I think handling it this way is the best of both worlds.

Elon has always said he thinks it's stupid that you can no longer see what important accounts say if they block you. I agree with him on that. But you still need to maintain not allowing people you don't want to, replying to your stuff.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
My guess is they will alter the function of muting where if you mute a person they can no longer reply to you, but they can still see your feed. I don't think there's anything wrong with that if that's the route they go. It's stupid that if someone has an account of interesting information, that you can be disallowed to see what they say if they're acting like an overly sensitive petulant child.

And for those who would argue "Well, what about someone who's stalkery? They'd get to see your feed and see what you're up to." Well, they can do that anyway simply by logging out or making another account.

I think handling it this way is the best of both worlds.

Elon has always said he thinks it's stupid that you can no longer see what important accounts say if they block you. I agree with him on that. But you still need to maintain not allowing people you don't want to, replying to your stuff.

The only way to keep people you block from seeing your stuff is if you're in private mode and ONLY your followers can see your tweets (Xeets?).

It's especially concerning for women in the public eye... Women are FAR more likely to be stalked no matter what their profession is. Blocking plus privacy mode helps with that. Muting doesn't.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The only way to keep people you block from seeing your stuff is if you're in private mode and ONLY your followers can see your tweets (Xeets?).

It's especially concerning for women in the public eye... Women are FAR more likely to be stalked no matter what their profession is. Blocking plus privacy mode helps with that. Muting doesn't.
In my example muting plus private mode would accomplish the same thing. Remove them as a follower and then go private. In stalker situations they can’t see what you say any longer. But for non private accounts you can still see someone’s feed without being able to reply to them. This prevents overly sensitive information accounts from preventing you from seeing the info.

I was blocked by some game news accounts I never once interacted with and after doing some digging I found out I was blocked because I followed Colin Moriarty. It would be good if losers that crazy can no longer get the satisfaction of disallowing others to get news because of “wrongfollows.” And in practice it’s just dumb anyway. You have a back and forth convo with someone, they block you, suddenly you can no longer reference what they were saying because all their stuff becomes invisible.

Prohibiting blocks/mutes from making one’s content being invisible is a good change(if that’s what ends up happening).

Last edited:
Removing the block function will get it removed from the App Store. Oops.
2gN8JGu.jpg

Is it required that the platform be able to block, or the user be able to block? The way it's worded is vague, so it seems stupid to report one way or the other as if it was certainty.

Thaedolus

No great social network? The Social Network was the movie I took my other half to on for our first date, once again Zuck living rent free...

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ronan Farrow's article on Elon sheds light on his impulsive behavior.
In 2018, the Times reported that members of the Tesla board had grown concerned about Musk’s use of the prescription sleep aid Ambien, which can cause hallucinations. The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year that he uses ketamine, which has gained popularity both as a depression treatment and as a party drug, and several people familiar with his habits have confirmed this. Musk, who smoked pot on Joe Rogan’s podcast, prompting a NASA safety review of SpaceX, has, perhaps understandably, declined to comment on the reporting that he uses ketamine, but he has not disputed it. “Zombifying people with SSRIs for sure happens way too much,” he tweeted, referring to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, another category of depression treatment. “From what I’ve seen with friends, ketamine taken occasionally is a better option.” Associates suggested that Musk’s use has escalated in recent years, and that the drug, alongside his isolation and his increasingly embattled relationship with the press, might contribute to his tendency to make chaotic and impulsive statements and decisions. Amit Anand, a leading ketamine researcher, told me that it can contribute to unpredictable behavior.

“A little bit of ketamine has an effect similar to alcohol. It can cause disinhibition, where you do and say things you otherwise would not,” he said. “At higher doses, it has another effect, which is dissociation: you feel detached from your body and surroundings.” He added, “You can feel grandiose and like you have special powers or special talents. People do impulsive things, they could do inadvisable things at work. The impact depends on the kind of work. For a librarian, there’s less risk. If you’re a pilot, it can cause big problems.”

Whole article is fascinating but this explains a lot of his tweets.

Mobilemofo

Elon should just go over there, when he answers the door, head butt him in the face, pick him up, throw the prick on the floor. Walkaway.

Lunarorbit

I did ketamine for the first time last year and the feelings of weightlessness and dissociation are real. I remember saying that my bones felt like bird bones (cause their bones are hollow and light).

There is evidence that controlled amounts with therapy can really help people. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say Elon blasts rails of ketamine in an unregulated way. He's already high on his own farts so add ketamine and it becomes a whirlwind of bullshit

BlackTron

If you read this article, you can see that Musk literally turned off Starlink while Ukrainian forces were pushing the front line in real time, resulting in chaos. People died because of it.

He may as well be Lex Luther at that point. I hope all his businesses fail and he loses every penny he has.

Edit: Imagine you are just a guy, a soldier fighting to the death, and actually making a difference at the front line of the enemy that killed your countries kids. Just when things are looking hopeful, chaos breaks out and you are shot, because a billionaire watching from far away decided something and pushed a button.

That's Elon Musk guys. If it were a movie or a game, we would be waiting for his inevitable death by Arnold or Rambo.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Crazy stuff. I was well aware of his erratic control over national security adjacent issues, but had yet to hear about how he's basically permanently intoxicated. Would definitely explain a lot.

After his tiff with a bunch of right-wing celebs over threatening to remove blocking he seemed resigned to give up; then 1 day later talking about a trillion dollar company.

Dude is really just so all over the place.
I saw that with James Woods. James Woods was pretty much a supporter of Elon Musk and then Elon Musk tells him to just delete his account if he doesn't like walking going away.

Musk is going to make enemies on all sides.

gatti-man

>You are here
>....

Twitter is a shadow of itself. Those users were right. Saying RIP Twitter was dead on accurate. The company is worth maybe 20% of what it was since Elon has owned it. By his own admission it may not even continue to exist because it’s burning so much cash. Besides that cool post.

If you read this article, you can see that Musk literally turned off Starlink while Ukrainian forces were pushing the front line in real time, resulting in chaos. People died because of it.

He may as well be Lex Luther at that point. I hope all his businesses fail and he loses every penny he has.

Edit: Imagine you are just a guy, a soldier fighting to the death, and actually making a difference at the front line of the enemy that killed your countries kids. Just when things are looking hopeful, chaos breaks out and you are shot, because a billionaire watching from far away decided something and pushed a button.

That's Elon Musk guys. If it were a movie or a game, we would be waiting for his inevitable death by Arnold or Rambo.
Just another case of musk proving what a despicable piece of shit he is. Love his fan base on here to explain this one?

We all know he loves Putin and makes up some crap about not wanting ww3 to start.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It's weeks like this that I'm glad X hasn't gone under yet. So much drama and intrigue across the media spectrum. The baseballs, NFL, Politics, and now music today it's been wild.

I hope whatever replaces it makes it as easy to follow all the BS.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
>You are here
>....

Half of this stuff are just things most people didn't think Musk was dumb enough to do. .

Generic

For some reason I can't use TweetDelete anymore, it keeps giving authetication errors. Is this related to the X change?

Top Bottom