• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter being rebranded to “X”, bird logo going away

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
You know I used to like Elon until he brought in that WEF shill Yaccarino to run Twitter/X. He refuses to address it when he's called out on it too. I don't trust him anymore.
Him making the smartest move he's made since he got there is the thing that made you stop trusting him? lol

im GIF

Eat the bugs. You'll own nothing and be happy.

Bugs are pretty good. At least Tucker Carlson thinks so:

And the idea of owning nothing is a pure capitalist project to ensure that the ones that can afford to own stuff can not only own more stuff but can ensure a perpetual revenue stream by keeping the plebs away. Since this idea is pure capitalism and Musk is capitalism patient zero it's strange that your distrust of Musk isn't because he would be a direct beneficiary of this, but rather because a CEO he hired had a role at the WEF.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Trump needs some legal fees paid for so he threw his mugshot on Twitter for attention lol

It worked pretty well apparently.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean I'm not a fan at all but doesn't this just mean that the Valorant crowd are purple people?

Or perhaps people really dislike the X rebrand?

Seen a lot of people just mad their app updated to an "X" logo online lol People turning off auto-updates and shit lol

Toons

If you read this article, you can see that Musk literally turned off Starlink while Ukrainian forces were pushing the front line in real time, resulting in chaos. People died because of it.

He may as well be Lex Luther at that point. I hope all his businesses fail and he loses every penny he has.

Edit: Imagine you are just a guy, a soldier fighting to the death, and actually making a difference at the front line of the enemy that killed your countries kids. Just when things are looking hopeful, chaos breaks out and you are shot, because a billionaire watching from far away decided something and pushed a button.

That's Elon Musk guys. If it were a movie or a game, we would be waiting for his inevitable death by Arnold or Rambo.

Really wierd to see so many folks who grew up watching the bad guys who do this stuff usually get retribution in brutal fashion in 80s movies.... only to now as adults fanboy over the guys who do this stuff.

I didnt even know about the star link thing. Part of me wants to not believe he's capable of that sort of misstep that appraises on cruelty, but idk anymore.

Mistake

Is it me, or did twitter get a lot worse the last few weeks? It's like the Maui fires brought all the crazies to the platform
Really wierd to see so many folks who grew up watching the bad guys who do this stuff usually get retribution in brutal fashion in 80s movies.... only to now as adults fanboy over the guys who do this stuff.

I didnt even know about the star link thing. Part of me wants to not believe he's capable of that sort of misstep that appraises on cruelty, but idk anymore.
If the US can send billions to Ukraine, they can front the cost of starlink if it's so important. Shit isn't free. It sucks for the people there and I get it, but it's not like the conflict is Elon's fault.

On the flip side, the whole idea was to bring internet to poorer countries or bad service areas, so there must be something I'm missing

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The X branding hasn’t taken off yet. When I watch sports and the commentators bring up Twitter or a tweet they still refer them as that. And not X.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The world would be better if we launched all Elon Musk supporters into the Sun.

It's so weird that people keep saying "the media and this and that is the bad guy" ... As if we can't hear these politicians and rich folks for ourselves... With the words that AUDIBLY come out of their mouths... Or as if we can't SEE their actions... Or the laws they pass... Or the intentions they EXPLAIN...

Anyway... No, not everyone loves Elon and it's not because of the media or celebrities or whatever. He was fine when he just ran his companies and guided innovation... No one disliked him then except an out there fringe group... But now, because of what he's SAID and his TWEETS and his FIDDLING with the platform... A lot more people dislike him for more than "he's rich, therefore he's bad".

bender

What time is it?
It's so weird that people keep saying "the media and this and that is the bad guy" ... As if we can't hear these politicians and rich folks for ourselves... With the words that AUDIBLY come out of their mouths... Or as if we can't SEE their actions... Or the laws they pass... Or the intentions they EXPLAIN...

Anyway... No, not everyone loves Elon and it's not because of the media or celebrities or whatever. He was fine when he just ran his companies and guided innovation... No one disliked him then except an out there fringe group... But now, because of what he's SAID and his TWEETS and his FIDDLING with the platform... A lot more people dislike him for more than "he's rich, therefore he's bad".

Musk has always been a charlatan and the best thing about his Twitter acquisition is that more people are waking up to that fact.

Adeptus

Some people can hate Musk, but from my experience, tranformation of Twitter into free speech platform looks genuine. I am using it and I was able to write/read many controversial things.

Some people can hate Musk, but from my experience, tranformation of Twitter into free speech platform looks genuine. I am using it and I was able to write/read many controversial things.

what did you get banned for before that you aren't getting banned for now?

Adeptus

Well, I must admit that I am more comparing it with other platforms, like Reddit or Facebook, than with older Twitter (mostly because my presence on the older Twitter was minimal). Altough I think tha openly ridiculing trans propaganda would make me banned on older Twitter?

Well, I must admit that I am more comparing it with other platforms, like Reddit or Facebook, than with older Twitter (mostly because my presence on the older Twitter was minimal). Altough I think tha openly ridiculing trans propaganda would make me banned on older Twitter?

you said "transformation" implying comparison between old to now, but now it's apples vs oranges instead

and you think that your view on "trans propaganda" would have got you banned on old Twitter? but you're basing that on nothing

feels vs reals here, for reals

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Musk has always been a charlatan and the best thing about his Twitter acquisition is that more people are waking up to that fact.

Only people who gave a shit about Twitter in the first place.

Personally I always loathed and despised the platform, so for me Elon could rebrand it "Shitty balls horse cock" and I'd think it was an improvement!

Bottom line: I don't recall many people around here being especially keen on Twitter pre-acquisition apart from as an unending source of stuff for mockery and disdain. Very surprised anyone would be genuinely bothered by the changes Elon's made unless they felt like its prior form had value.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Only people who gave a shit about Twitter in the first place.

Personally I always loathed and despised the platform, so for me Elon could rebrand it "Shitty balls horse cock" and I'd think it was an improvement!

Bottom line: I don't recall many people around here being especially keen on Twitter pre-acquisition apart from as an unending source of stuff for mockery and disdain. Very surprised anyone would be genuinely bothered by the changes Elon's made unless they felt like its prior form had value.

Less to do with Twitter as a platform and more to do with Musk putting in a Best and Final offer that allowed for no due diligence and forced him to honor his gross overpay of the company after failing to weasel out of the offer. The comedy that ensued after the acquisition is just icing o the cake. You can find similar clownish behaviors throughout his career.

Toons

Is it me, or did twitter get a lot worse the last few weeks? It's like the Maui fires brought all the crazies to the platform

If the US can send billions to Ukraine, they can front the cost of starlink if it's so important. Shit isn't free. It sucks for the people there and I get it, but it's not like the conflict is Elon's fault.

On the flip side, the whole idea was to bring internet to poorer countries or bad service areas, so there must be something I'm missing

Not everything is his fault, but when bad things happen, the decisions you CAN make, and do make, reflect on your character. He had every reason not to shut it down, but he did. Thats showing you his character and where his priorities lie.

....and I'm not even gonna acknowledge the "its expensive" thing for a dude who has casually offered to buy countries and got roped into this 40 billion dollar fiasco in the first place, practically on a dare.

Top Bottom