• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Republican senators announce opposition to Education Nominee DeVos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

Toomey's absolutely unreachable by conventional means (His office even turns constituents away; he is abysmal), but I'm heartened that each of his Facebook page's human interest posts are flooded with people demanding he vote against DeVos.

The coward's in the Koch Bros. pocket, though. I doubt he'll represent anyone that doesn't bankroll him.

Is there no way I can reach him? I have received his generic emails back before, but that's about it.

Glix

Toomey's absolutely unreachable by conventional means (His office even turns constituents away; he is abysmal), but I'm heartened that each of his Facebook page's human interest posts are flooded with people demanding he vote against DeVos.

The coward's in the Koch Bros. pocket, though. I doubt he'll represent anyone that doesn't bankroll him.

Speaking of turning constituents away. Did anyone else see this shit?

I had one woman on my Facebook say she was going to get up in my grill,” he said in a separate interview. “There’s paid protesters … paid activists on the far left, not my Democratic friends I go to church with. They’re being paid to go around and raise havoc.”

http://nymag.com/thecut/2017/01/virginia-rep-dave-brat-say-women-are-all-up-in-my-grill.html

It abhors me that this fake news bullshit "they are paid protestors" shit is getting normalized now. If I was this mans constituent I would be fucking appaled. How dare he???

Everyone should be making calling their representatives part of their daily routine from here on out. The folks answering the phones for them should be getting sick of hearing your voice.

Well American education is already shit, I wonder how much more shit it can get under the Republicans.

Make America great again by having our next generation fall even further behind the rest of the world.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
All republicans folded like cheap suits except those two. Their kids wont be affected. Selfish bastard fucks, the lot of them. Republican party needs to be demolished.

SNIKT!

If you're a resident in these states, PLEASE call.

"Two Republican Senators announced today they'll oppose DeVos. Both said it's because of the flood of calls into their office. We need just ONE more Republican senator to oppose her. A vote may happen as soon as tonight. Here are the critical offices to call if you're a resident!

Jeff Flake—Arizona
202-224-4521 (DC)
602-840-1891 (AZ)

Shelley Capito—West Virginia
202-224-6472 (DC)
304-347-5372 (WV)

Jerry Moran—Kansas
202-224-6521 (DC)
316-631-1410 (KS)

Deb Fischer—Nebraska
202-224-6551 (DC)
402-391-3411 (NE)

Pat Toomey—Pennsylvania
202-224-4254 (DC)
215-241-1090 (PA)

Call more than once if you can't get through and share with contacts in these states to call! Keep it short: "I ask that you join Senators Collins and Murkowski in opposing Betsy DeVos for education secretary. She's not qualified to manage our public education system.

dochuge

As an educator this woman is an absolute disgrace and her confirmation hearing was an absolute embarrassment. I'm afraid she's going to get confirmed, however. We are already demonized and this will get much worse for us so funds will be siphoned from public schools to charter schools more and more. The shit is going to hit the fan.

kingslunk

Cmon there's gotta be a way to reach one of these people and explain to them how bad of a pick she is.

CMON YOU FUCKERS DONT LET US DOWN

Been trying to call Jeff Flake for a while now. His DC voicemail and Phoenix office are full and I just get a busy signal at his Tucson office. Will keep trying though.

RPGCrazied

Been trying to call Jeff Flake for a while now. His DC voicemail and Phoenix office are full and I just get a busy signal at his Tucson office. Will keep trying though.

He is lost cause, he just tweeted he is voting for her. Don't think he is changing his mind.

IronRinn

If you're a resident in these states, PLEASE call.

"Two Republican Senators announced today they'll oppose DeVos. Both said it's because of the flood of calls into their office. We need just ONE more Republican senator to oppose her. A vote may happen as soon as tonight. Here are the critical offices to call if you're a resident!

Jeff Flake—Arizona
202-224-4521 (DC)
602-840-1891 (AZ)

Shelley Capito—West Virginia
202-224-6472 (DC)
304-347-5372 (WV)

Jerry Moran—Kansas
202-224-6521 (DC)
316-631-1410 (KS)

Deb Fischer—Nebraska
202-224-6551 (DC)
402-391-3411 (NE)

Pat Toomey—Pennsylvania
202-224-4254 (DC)
215-241-1090 (PA)

Call more than once if you can't get through and share with contacts in these states to call! Keep it short: "I ask that you join Senators Collins and Murkowski in opposing Betsy DeVos for education secretary. She's not qualified to manage our public education system.
Here's the six other phone numbers for Toomey.

Toomey is raw garbage. I can't believe he got voted in.

He is lost cause, he just tweeted he is voting for her. Don't think he is changing his mind.

I figured as much seeing as how he is a sack of shit and all but avoids Tucson(since we are the only liberal part of the state) but Ill keep calling because its the right thing to do.

rjinaz

Cmon there's gotta be a way to reach one of these people and explain to them how bad of a pick she is.

CMON YOU FUCKERS DONT LET US DOWN

Flake is likely voting for her because he's mad his kids had to go to school with the poors and he couldn't buy them a better education.

How do you reason with these people that think that not all Americans are equal?

Zubz

Banned
Is there no way I can reach him? I have received his generic emails back before, but that's about it.

Faxing still works... Supposedly. I don't even think the guy hears or reads any of it, though. Again, they turn people away at their offices.

Meowster

My hack of a Senator (Roy Blunt) announced that he will be voting for DeVos. The man used to be an educator for years. How can he possibly think that this is okay? Republicans and Democrats alike all throughout Missouri do not want this woman to get that position. It's infuriating. You'd think a man that narrowly won his race would be more eager to listen to his constituents.

My hack of a Senator (Roy Blunt) announced that he will be voting for DeVos. The man used to be an educator for years. How can he possibly think that this is okay? Republicans and Democrats alike all throughout Missouri do not want this woman to get that position. It's infuriating. You'd think a man that narrowly won his race would be more eager to listen to his constituents.

IIRC, Missouri is trending red like much of the rest of the Midwest, and St. Louis isn't big enough or growing enough to reverse that trend. He probably thinks he's pretty safe right now.

Balphon

One of the greatest tragedies of this election was that Blunt managed to fall ass-backward into a win over Kander.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

political chess moves. fuck them all for putting their careers ahead of our lives.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I find it fascinating how people can find this funny

It's in a dark humor kind of way. It's like this one time a girl I was seeing got all over my case about making a suicide joke. I tell my roommate about it and they respond "Does she know you're suicidal?" and I go, "She will when I jump off a bridge!" and we both got a good laugh. I've been making jokes and laughing about this whole fucking nightmare since November. I know its serious, but I'll be damned if the jokes don't help me a lot to get through it.

Necrovex

I've been trying to reach Rubio, but other Florida folks are saying his staff is intenionally understaff and avoiding calls. Lord knows I've tried him multiple times this week, to no avail. The craven won't even empty his voicebox.

As a school psychologist, I am hoping reason wins out. The GOP that turn will be my heroes!

As someone who is on the cusp of entering grad school for school psychology. I am trying my hardest to get her rejected.

gimmmick

I contacted my senator from NV Dean Heller. I hope he does the right thing and votes no to this. Our public schools are some of the worst in the nation and I hope one day if I have kids and raise them here, it will be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom