• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Lineup - Rayman to be Wii launch title, first pic

:lol :lol You guys are photoshop gods.

As for the game, I dont think it looks bad. Im happy with GC level graphics, and this looks better.

Rayman 3:

Gamespot shots
r_screen005.jpg

r_screen009.jpg

Ubisoft shots

rayman_screen002.jpg

rayman_screen001.jpg

sharukins

Banned
concerning the Assassins game, isnt it the same game as Project Assassins?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar/news.html?sid=6134969

Singling out Ubisoft for praise, Moore also revealed that two PlayStation 3 games from the publisher would also be coming to the Xbox 360: Gearbox-developed WWII shooter Brothers in Arms 3 (tentative), and the still-mysterious Project Assassin, which looks like a bloodier version of Thief. He also offered the first glimpse of Splinter Cell 4 via a trailer that promised that the game is coming \"online and offline in 2006.\"

Row said:
Alright nintendrones why don't you give it a rest. You're turning this hilarious thread into a depressing one with your sad state of denial and constant damage control

Which are more pathetic? The people defending the Wii or the people attacking it with juvenile hyperbole?

Also, this arrogance in your post is unjustified, considering you've contributed nothing of value to the thread.

OMG! I wake up and the first thing i see is this glorious thread with so many side-hurting chops :lol :lol :lol

You guys are awesome!

As for Rayman and the screenshots... major underwhelmaton.

Scytale

Banned
Row said:
Alright nintendrones why don't you give it a rest. You're turning this hilarious thread into a depressing one with your sad state of denial and constant damage control

THANK YOU.

Come on Nintenfreaks, if you can't laugh at something Nintendo related, just because its Nintendo related, that makes you look retarded.

Give it up.

Peru

Some people claimed the "second batch" of Red Steel shots looked comparably worse than the first scans. I'm sitting here with my game informer mag and all the screens are kin in graphical quality. All look clean, sharp and detailed beyond last-gen games. Indeed they look better tham most 360 ports.

As someone who actually OWNS the issue of Game Informer in which Red Steel appeared, I can tell you that it is most definitely NOT possible on any system pre-Xbox/GC. It just isn't. Get over it.

I'm dying here, genius.

Director- We need more spikes, she's not goth enough.

Scotty- She canna hold no more, sir

Director - Just do it,

Director - Hey you, *whistles* Ax Bridge kid , try to look surprised your at the dawn of a new era

Producer - Were missing somthing

Director - Oh god what now

Producer - Well the Wii is for everyone, we've just got a couple of kids.

Director -A Wii? what the hell are you talking about

Producer - Its the new name for the console,

Director - Why are you making shit up, were on a tight schedule here,

Producer- *rollseyes* We need a grandad

Director - Right, Hey you mop, whats your name

Janitor- , Its, Clive

Director- Come here Clive

Clive- I want a wee

Director - Hey after seeing this everyones gonna want a Wii.

Grug

Uh, anyone think that considering this is the first Wii screenshot available, that Nintendo fans may actually wish to discuss it.

Photoshop threads are a dime a dozen here, yet people are telling the Nintendo fans to fuck off for actually staying on topic?

Zerodoppler said:
A couple of the screens in the magazine basically looked like Perfect Dark. The rest of the screens were probably mock-ups.

I should've known with it being UBI. They've still be releasing target renders for their PS3 and 360 games.

Grug said:
http://users.telenet.be/electrophonk/images/rayman4.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/40681320051222_131821_12_big.jpg[/QUOTE]

What's the point? So it looks better than an early shitty screenshot of a 360 game. I don't understand the big deal graphics wise. It looks like a good Xbox game or maybe a little better, it'll probably look a little better when it comes out. Remember Ubi probably touched this up a bit though. There's no reason trying to make points like some unreleased 360 game looks worse, because 360 is more powerful, comparable games will look better (see Kameo). Does this surprise anybody?

Current gen Xbox games like Stranger's Wrath, Psychonauts, and Conker are certainly in the ballpark visually.

Hopefully we at least get mo' better AA, as aliased 480p is starting to look pretty harsh on a big HDTV.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Scytale said:
THANK YOU.

Come on Nintenfreaks, if you can't laugh at something Nintendo related, just because its Nintendo related, that makes you look retarded.

Give it up.

Head to yesterday's Too Human and Untold Legends threads. Damage control across the board my pretentious friend.

Kato

Let's see, considering this is still somewhat about the game and not a "you can't say anything positive about this game. If you do you are a Wiitard and are spinning or in a sad state of denial and you need to turn in your coat"-thread:

-A new Rayman with Michel Ancel directing
-Using the Wii controller
-Looks good enough, has style, oozes fun
-The official artwork has rabbits going Wiiiiiiiiiii!

I love it. :)

Although the altered pics of the kids playing is some serious comedy. :lol

Grug said:
Uh, anyone think that considering this is the first Wii screenshot available, that Nintendo fans may actually wish to discuss it.

Photoshop threads are a dime a dozen here, yet people are telling the Nintendo fans to fuck off for actually staying on topic?

Anyone saying those screens are next gen quality are offtopic anyway. =P

Aryuken

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148878.html

Rounding out Ubisoft's E3 lineup is the Wii-only slasher-shooter Red Steel, and Enchanted Arms, the Japanese Xbox 360 RPG from From Software. The medieval action game Assassin's Creed, which was just re-announced for the PlayStation 3 and previously shown off for Xbox 360 at Microsoft's X05 event, will also be on hand. (The PS3 version was initially mentioned at the 2005 Tokyo Game Show.)

There will also be forthcoming installments in several staple Ubisoft franchises, including Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway. But while all three are being released for various platforms--including the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3--Ubisoft did not specify which versions of the games would be playable at the event. (Platforms mentioned below are for reference only.)

UBISOFT'S E3 2006 LINEUP
Assassin's Creed (PS3, Xbox 360- 2007)
Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway (PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - Q4 2006)
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC - Q3 2006)
Enchanted Arms (Xbox 360 - Q2 2006)
"Game to be Unveiled" (Free Radical's next-gen console/PC project- TBA)
Open Season (PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube, DS, Game Boy Advance - September 2006)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii and "current and next-gen consoles"- Holiday 2006)
Red Steel (Wii - Holiday 2006)
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent (PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, GameCube - September 2006)
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 - Q4 2006)

*prays its true*

Crocodile

1) GAF never dissapoints, this thread is hilarious. What would the internet do without photoshop.:lol

2) I actually really like the shot. Not for it's graphical prowness but rather it's art. It looks kind of like a claymation or stop-motion film. Very unique look to it. Plus you got the official art to go along with it. It's obvious the developers are having a lot of fun with this and that makes me happy. The game could be a lot of fun so I'm hoping for favorable E3 impressions. It doesn't matter what platform you'll get this on, it seems like a game to watch out for.

Grug

GitarooMan said:
What's the point?

My point, which should be obvious, is that its idiotic to judge the graphical potential of a system from screenshots of games still in development.

Grug said:

Happens here all the time. A Nintendo topic springs up. Within the first page, the trolls come in and start attacking, then, about 10 pages later, they fall back on the "Ninthings are so lame" rhetoric.

I say ban them for being pricks.

3_papeles

Omg,look at the textures of the floor.

Looks like psx in high res.. and wii will not have high res , so... imagine it in low res...

scytale said:
THANK YOU.

Give it up.

I am totally laughing about this whole thing. But its in a good way. I can imagine this game being fun, Rayman has a pink fro, the graphics look silly but not bad, and those kids are priceless. I'm a Nintendo fan who hasn't committed to Revolution yet, but who can have a good laugh. Either way though, I think the graphics discussion is kind of worthless. Either the game is going to be fun or it isn't, and that's pretty much what will determine whether or not people buy it.....

Row said:

IS there anything to damage control???I only see a pic from a game that is coming to other consoles....

:lol Ho man, I'm a Nintendo fan and tbh the pic to me looks alright not super duper but ffs its afro rayman in a small tunnel riding a spider chasing after bunnies :lol

turning in your nintendo jacket because of 1 screenshot :lol :lol :lol

It's a port of a platformer, not exactly the criteria you'd be considering when trying to find games that are on the cutting edge of graphical prowess. It would not surprise me if they built it with current consoles in mind and then ported it straight over to the next-gen consoles with only a few minor tweaks. Then again, maybe the PS3/Xbox360 versions will give Oblivion a run for its money. I kind of doubt it though.

Anyway, it's Michel Ancel, so I'll probably give it a closer look.

MrPing1000 said:
:lol Ho man, I'm a Nintendo fan and tbh the pic to me looks alright not super duper but ffs its afro rayman in a small tunnel riding a spider chasing after bunnies :lol

turning in your nintendo jacket because of 1 screenshot :lol :lol :lol

BTW, I f'ing LOVE your avatar.

Grug said:
My point, which should be obvious, is that its idiotic to judge the graphical potential of a system from screenshots of games still in development.

True, although Ubi generally isn't a slouch graphically like Namco's Sabotage 360 program.

BuzzJive

I'd really like to express how happy I am that the Free Radical project is going to be unveiled at E3 (please be playable), but really - this thread is about the awesomeness of those 2 kids playing Rayman.

The Wii hair is my favorite photoshop by far (even if it is basic). I laughed out loud.

Xristot

man, this thread is hilarious because of the massive amounts of over reaction. :lol

The photoshops are awesome too.

Amir0x said:
Hahahahahahaha. Yup, I can see where you're going with this! :lol

oh shutup. really it doesn't matter too much to me as i have never played Rayman and probably won't get this either. But I'm fine with the way it looks, god forbid i can't count the hairs on the rabbits.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Great Rumbler said:
It's a port of a platformer, not exactly the criteria you'd be considering when trying to find games that are on the cutting edge of graphical prowess. It would not surprise me if they built it with current consoles in mind and then ported it straight over to the next-gen consoles with only a few minor tweaks. Then again, maybe the PS3/Xbox360 versions will give Oblivion a run for its money. I kind of doubt it though.

Anyway, it's Michel Ancel, so I'll probably give it a closer look.
Well...King Kong on the 360 actually looked quite a bit better than this. The texture resolution was signficantly higher, shaders were in full effect, the models were more complex, the lighting was enhanced, and the resolution was much higher.

Top Bottom