• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft responds as Star Wars Outlaws comes under fire for Jabba the Hutt season pass exclusive - 'Jabba mission is just one of many'

Draugoth

Gold Member
UjfUZ4CdRx56z3yd9oGYSi-970-80.png.webp

But it's definitely not the only Jabba the Hutt mission in the game, according to Ubisoft.

"To clarify, Jabba the Hutt and the Hutt Cartel are one of the main syndicates in Star Wars Outlaws and will be part of the experience for everyone who purchases the game, regardless of edition,"

a Ubisoft rep PC Gamer

"The 'Jabba’s Gambit' mission is an optional, additional mission with the Hutt Cartel along Kay and Nix's journey across the Outer Rim. This mission will be available to those who purchase the season pass or an edition of the game which includes the season pass."

viaPCGamer

The modern gaming cancer that most companies do:

Season passes with no guarantee that the content you'll receive will be worth the price
Pay extra to beta test the game early for us
Day 1 patches as big as the game
Exclusive content locked behind paywall that are prolly dog shit
Microtransactions in a singleplayer 80 euro game

Its so easy to avoid them, yet most of you dont. If a Japanese company did this, none of you would complain, at least not as much. We have already started seeing NG+ being locked behind paywalls in Sega stuff. Its only a matter of time before everyone does it.

Three

Its so easy to avoid them, yet most of you dont. If a Japanese company did this, none of you would complain, at least not as much. We have already started seeing NG+ being locked behind paywalls in Sega stuff. Its only a matter of time before everyone does it.
Agreed, I don't like the practice but why so much hate here for this particular one? It's not even just Sega who do this stuff. Is there any hate for the extra quest for the deluxe edition of STALKER 2 for example? Is it because people actually want this particular content more that there is more outrage?

Cyberpunkd

The way I understand it: there are multiple quests for the Hutt cartel, one additional mission is locked behind a DLC.

Also: fuck Ubisoft.

UjfUZ4CdRx56z3yd9oGYSi-970-80.png.webp

But it's definitely not the only Jabba the Hutt mission in the game, according to Ubisoft.

a Ubisoft rep PC Gamer

viaPCGamer
it's commonplace nowadays for big games like this to pluck out a mission or two out of the base game and sell as DLC at launch. Not sure why some are pretending like this doesn't happen literally all the time, to little-to-no fanfare. Not everything needs to twisted and turned into a huge controversy. It gets very tiring.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why even give a statement if this is the anwser?

You're one of many who don't seem to have understood the answer. Ubisoft didn't say "there are more missions", they meant to say other more missions featuring Jabba the Hutt since his cartel is part of the main game.

FUBARx89

Which will be the dogshit Jabba content then. The base game stuff or the extra stuff.

Cause one of em is gonna be dogshit. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the extra content.

Classic case of “the food is awful here, and the portions are so small too!”
You aren’t missing anything because the extra mission will be crap too.

Kenpachii

Do these company's not realize that it just encourages piracy like hell. Like if you pirate u get all missions, if you pay 70 bucks for the game u get only a few. It's beyond stupid.

rm082e

At what point are gamers just going to learn.

Just don't buy this shit. There are plenty of games to play.

I suspect this is more a case of "Star Wars fans who also play games", than just "gamers". But I agree - vote with your wallet.

I was so offended when EA put out Mass Effect 3 and Javik was a DLC character, I just didn't buy the game. I loved ME1 and ME2, but just hearing that was their plan in the lead up to launch killed all interest for me. I didn't play it until 18 months later when the game got multiple patches and the whole bundle was on sale for cheap. ME3 wasn't great, but it was a lot better with all that extra content than the bare bones version at launch.

Why tf you guys complaining? GAF been shitting on UBI saying their games are too bloated, too long etc.

MFs wanna get mad now because they did what complainers been asking for 🤣 🤣 🤣

Dazraell

Which will be the dogshit Jabba content then. The base game stuff or the extra stuff.

Cause one of em is gonna be dogshit. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the extra content.
That exclusive mission is most likely some cut content they haven't used in a main game which will last 15-30 minutes, so yeah

Inuteu

The modern gaming cancer that most companies do:

Season passes with no guarantee that the content you'll receive will be worth the price
Pay extra to beta test the game early for us
Day 1 patches as big as the game
Exclusive content locked behind paywall that are prolly dog shit
Microtransactions in a singleplayer 80 euro game
guess why they keep doing it?

cause we keep buying it

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why would anyone be worried? Just wait 8 weeks and the deluxe will be $30, after all, this is an ubisoft game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom