• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Champions League Final 2012 - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

I'm excited for the game. I am NOT excited for Fox's terrible, horrendous, shit filled pregame show. Last years was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Fox needs to fuck off and give ESPN the rights back.

Clydefrog

973244_o.gif

I'm excited for the game. I am NOT excited for Fox's terrible, horrendous, shit filled pregame show. Last years was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Fox needs to fuck off and give ESPN the rights back.

What, you didn't like Michael Strahan's explanation of the difference between football and football?

Meier

Fox has the UCL and Europa League rights for the next 3 years sadly. I am a big fan of FSC's coverage in general but they make you pay for mobile viewing via Fox Soccer 2 Go whereas ESPN of course has the WatchESPN app for no additional cost. :(

omgkitty

Fox has the UCL and Europa League rights for the next 3 years sadly. I am a big fan of FSC's coverage in general but they make you pay for mobile viewing via Fox Soccer 2 Go whereas ESPN of course has the WatchESPN app for no additional cost. :(

Yeah it's really crap how they play that. I pay for FSC, so I should get access to their web service, but they don't offer it. ESPN gives you everything for free.

Meier

Yeah it's really crap how they play that. I pay for FSC, so I should get access to their web service, but they don't offer it. ESPN gives you everything for free.

Yep, I find it pretty shocking really. At a bare minimum, there should be a significant discount on FS2G for people who subscribe to FSC (and FSP). $20 a month on top of already paying $10 for my sports package or whatever is ridiculous.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I called Chelsea beating Barca but I don't see them winning this one, because their best players are missing and I hate them.

tumblr_m3z0m0INIl1rn325to1_500.png

BAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEERRRRRNNNNNN

defel

I hate Chelsea as much as the next person but Im hoping they win this one. Would love to see Drogba and Lampard get a CL trophy.

Sleepy

I want Chelsea to win, just because that will ensure Tottenham get bounced from the CL next season. I HATE those fuckers.

Wes

venison crêpe
I just want a good game with plenty of laughs.

Chelsea winning and knocking Spurs out of the Champions League would be hilarious though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At least most Arse supporters would like to see Spurs miss out on CL.

I think most Gooners would rather see us in the CL next season than see Chelsea become the first London club to win it. I know I would if they were 4th.

I think most Gooners would rather see us in the CL next season than see Chelsea become the first London club to win it. I know I would if they were 4th.

I am sure they will be a little proud when Terry lifts the trophy. Proud of their country and probably tear up a little.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oh yeah, I want Chelsea to do it. I fucking hate Robben and Ribery and tbh the only Chelsea player I hate is Terry.

So I say do it for England!

xintin

I get to work right up until kickoff, so ill be missing FOX's terrible pregame this year in the US. But good news guys, Tom Arnold will be there!
Edit - And probably Piers Morgan!

I'm pretty Arsenal will have to play a playoff off match if Chelsea win.

So Arsenal would become like the 4th place team.

Because one team has to go into the playoff if Chelsea win it and go into the group stage proper and I'll doubt it's a team from another country.

Novid

Banned
Fox needs to get on that streaming stuff quick. Damn they slow. I mean NBC got a starter APP for there news program and streamed the super bowl for petes sake.

xintin

I'm pretty Arsenal will have to play a playoff off match if Chelsea win.

So Arsenal would become like the 4th place team.

Because one team has to go into the playoff if Chelsea win it and go into the group stage proper and I'll doubt it's a team from another country.
The Top 3 in the EPL would keep their guaranteed Group Stage spots and the CL winner automatically qualifies for the Group Stage.

Messi

I am sorry Fady, but the ship must sail on. Bayern need to win this for the good of football.

Also <3 Gomez

I don't dislike Spurs at all, nor do I see them as rivals to be honest. I've always hated Man Utd. But I'm rooting for Baayeeeern simply because Chelsea robbed, ROBBED, Barcelona. I am still salty over it. But real talk though, I don't want another English side to win this before we do. I'm just a hater.

Messi

The funny thing is, there's probably a bunch of fine German folk saying the same thing right now about Chelsea.

True. I just like Bayern and think they have done more than enough to deserve winning the Trophy this year. Would loved to have seen a Bayern/Barca final. Other than that I would have liked Bayern/Madrid to be the final. As much as it pains me to say that i'd like real to advance anywhere. But those two games were epic.

Edit: While I am at it, FUCK AWAY GOALS. That shit is stupid.

The Top 3 in the EPL would keep their guaranteed Group Stage spots and the CL winner automatically qualifies for the Group Stage.

If this is true then I don't give a damn.

But surely this means another team outside of the Premier League gets lucky as well, because this means that there's one playoff team short.

sohois

Can't see Chelsea triumphing tonight, they were ultimately probably just a little bit better than Napoli and Benfica, they snuck past Barca, but now their luck is going to run out. I don't see how they can use their Barca tactics again, for one thing Bayern are a different team and I reckon the likes of Gomez & Robben would have an easier time breaking down super defensive teams then Barca. Plus with Ramires gone Chelsea have very little counter attacking threat, so it would be difficult to get goals. If Chelsea try and match Bayern I think they'll get taken apart. I'd estimate chances of winning at 80-20 in Bayern's favour.

Kickoff at 5am ugh....not cool. In a perfect world Bayern would win and the Spurs would fail in the qualifying but that probably won't happen. So im cheering for Didier tonight because ill be watching the game with my Liverpool supporting cousin and seeing Torres win the title and then seeing his face would be quite fun.

Scum

So, everyone's expecting a Bayern win, eh? Well, I see football Sod's Law kicking in this evening.

"Bayern beaten in own backyard!" - Daily Mirror
"Don't mention ze score!" - The Sun

Chelsea will win this. :-(

elsk

Banned
So, everyone's expecting a Bayern win, eh? Well, I see football Sod's Law kicking in this evening.

"Bayern beaten in own backyard!" - Daily Mirror
"Don't mention ze score!" - The Sun

Chelsea will win this. :-(

That doesn't really apply on finals. See Inter vs. Bayern, Barcelona vs. Man U. The best team usually fins on a final, very different from a two leg match

Away goals and stacking yellows are stupid. When you can be awarded a yellow for such arbitrary shit, they should never ever be something that leads to a suspension.

My pops is a life long Chelsea fan (me, West Ham [and Liverpool due to exposure] sadly) so I'll be cheering for Bayern.

xintin

If this is true then I don't give a damn.

But surely this means another team outside of the Premier League gets lucky as well, because this means that there's one playoff team short.
Braga and Spartak Moscow would skip the qualifiers and go straight into the Playoff Round.

On the other hand, if Bayern win, Anderlecht get to skip two stages (3rd Qualifier + Playoff Rd) and go straight into the Group Stage.

This tournament is confusing as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom