• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Champions League Final 2012 - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has always been God-tier.

I've always felt bad for him since the head injury. Before that he was hands down the best keeper in the world (shot stopping, penalties, free kicks, 1v1 etc) on average and his form dipped after it. It was partly due to a dodgier defence, but damn he played well last night.

Clearly did his homework for the penalties.

Chelsea also have Courtois waiting in the wings for when Cech goes.

Yagharek

I'm amazed Chelsea won. Below par EPL season for them, and a ridiculously hard draw in the lead up to the final. Somehow they got through multiple games against teams that should have beaten them.

Great to see an upset win for an outsider. This will go down as Drogba's defining game too.

Feel sorry for Bayern though. So many missed chances. It wasn't their day.

xbhaskarx

Bush in hot water over Chelsea tweet

Miami Dolphins running back Reggie Bush found himself in hot water with his Twitter followers for posting remarks about Nazis after German club Bayern Munich lost to England's Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League final Saturday.

Bush seemed to get a carried away watching Chelsea's comeback in a thrilling final, tweeting repeatedly during the penalty shootout, which the English Premier League club won 4-3.

With just two minutes left on the clock in regulation play, Chelsea striker Didier Drogba forced the game into extra-time with a bullet-like header that tied the score at 1-1. He then coolly slotted home the winning spot kick in the penalty shootout.

Given his scoring prowess on the field in Munich, Bush obviously thought Drogba might have the same luck with German women after the game. Unfortunately, he chose to bring up Germany's Nazi past as well.

"Shoot Drogba might even hit a Nazi chick tonight in Germany! LOL!" Bush tweeted.

His followers didn't find it funny, bombarding him with complaints via Twitter.

"Oh goodness bunch of sensitive cry babies on twitter! It's just jokes people send me your address and I'll personally FedEx you some tissue," Bush responded.

He then removed the offending tweet a short time later, writing, "There you go I deleted just for you guys! Big kiss."

You'd think athletes would have figured this out by now...

Frimpong tweeted a photo of a naked dead guy with his brain flowing out, 4chan gore style on twitter the other day. They will never learn until the clubs have some system where they approve all their tweets.

Talon

Frimpong tweeted a photo of a naked dead guy with his brain flowing out, 4chan gore style on twitter the other day. They will never learn until the clubs have some system where they approve all their tweets.
communitytroy.png

Bo-Locks

I'm surprised clauses haven't started being written into contracts preventing players from having complete control on Twitter. I have no idea if that is even legal, but either way it equals more hilarity for the public.

Kozak

Banned
Penalties are easier when the players taking them keep shooting in the same direction :p

Did any Bayern players not shoot towards the right?

Late but....

Heidi Klum,
Marlene Dietrich,
Claudia Schiffer,
Uwe Bol,
Lou Bega,
Ludwig van Beethoven,
Michael Schumacher,
Adolf Hitler,
David Hassellhoff, can you hear me, David Hassellhoff..... your boys took a hell of a beating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom