• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UEFA Europa League Final 2013 - The Champions of Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happened to Ashley Cole.

jqLdwUZlHK2al.png

fuenf

i dont believe in stuff like this anymore : /

Neither do I, I just wanted to make you feel better. How about you simply make a gigantic BAYERN HYPE post for the thread? who cares about the OT, it needs to be somewhat impartial... a hype post on the other hand :p

Blablurn

Neither do I, I just wanted to make you feel better. How about you simply make a gigantic BAYERN HYPE post for the thread? who cares about the OT, it needs to be somewhat impartial... a hype post on the other hand :p

yeah, something like that. I doubt i will post much during the actual game anyway lol

fuenf

yeah, something like that. I doubt i will post much during the actual game anyway lol

That's the worst part of it really :( After last year I know I definitely dont want anyone around me during the game. It sucks to be sitting at home alone and to post on GAF but otherwise I wouldnt enjoy the game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Perhaps I'm just being bitter but I don't think it's right that teams that flopped in the CL get to enter another competition as compensation. It's not fair to teams that have grafted their way to the later stages that suddenly a bunch of highly-paid wankers drop down and start pissing on everyone.

Newcastle and Spurs took the competition seriously right from the start but were both eliminated by teams who flunked into the competition from the CL. The two finalists tonight should not be playing this match.

rvy

Banned
Perhaps I'm just being bitter but I don't think it's right that teams that flopped in the CL get to enter another competition as compensation. It's not fair to teams that have grafted their way to the later stages that suddenly a bunch of highly-paid wankers drop down and start pissing on everyone.

Newcastle and Spurs took the competition seriously right from the start but were both eliminated by teams who flunked into the competition from the CL. The two finalists tonight should not be playing this match.

That's all fine and well, except the salary cap for the Spurs is higher than for Benfica. Aimar was our highest paid athlete and he made 1.2 mil a year. How much does Bale make in a year? 4 or 5 mil?
Hell, for all I know Newcastle has a higher salary cap too.

qindarka

Banned

The current rules have been in place for years and every club which participated knew of them. Perhaps these rules should be changed for the future but as it stands, Benfica and Chelsea are in the final legitimately and on merit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's all fine and well, except the salary cap for the Spurs is higher than for Benfica. Aimar was our highest paid athlete and he made 1.2 mil a year. How much does Bale make in a year?

I have no idea, but it doesn't matter because Spurs did not parachute into this competition. We were there right from the group stage and we did not receive the money you get for playing in the CL.

I'm glad Benfica are in the final because they will give Chelsea a stern test, but both finalists have already reaped the financial benefits of CL qualification, they shouldn't be given a free shot at another trophy. These teams received millions from UEFA to build teams to compete in the CL, not the Europa. Obviously it's within the rules and of course every team wants a shot at winning any trophy they can, but it's not the right way to run the competition IMO.

rvy

Banned
I have no idea, but it doesn't matter because Spurs did not parachute into this competition. We were there right from the group stage and we did not receive the money you get for playing in the CL.

I'm glad Benfica are in the final because they will give Chelsea a stern test, but both finalists have already reaped the financial benefits of CL qualification, they shouldn't be given a free shot at another trophy. These teams received millions from UEFA to build teams to compete in the CL, not the Europa.

It matters if you think we're high-paid wankers who parachuted into the competition yet your players make much more money than ours.
That being said, we would never be contenders in the CL, the least you can do is let us get some money for qualifying for it.

I don't see anything wrong with it, quite frankly. Petrodollars propelling teams to success is much more offensive than CL teams getting a shot at the Europa League.

Anyway, best of luck to Chelsea, they have this one in the bag.

rvy

Banned
It's going to be very even with perhaps the slight edge to Benfica. Hazard being out is a huge blow to Chelsea.

Not after losing the league title to Porto with a draw against Estoril and Porto sealing the deal with a final minute goal.

MiKeD

Banned
If only they would give the winner of the Europa League a ticket to the CL...Would make it much more interesting to follow this tournament.

Someones jealous that his team sucks and can't win shit. Chelsea deserves to be in the Europa League, not their fault that the Spurs are such a shit team.

seanoff

How is the Europa cup the champions of Europe?

The losers cup. The those not good enough for the Champions League cup?

Who knows what these teams are playing for, but it isn't the champions of anything.

How is the Europa cup the champions of Europe?

The losers cup. The those not good enough for the Champions League cup?

Who knows what these teams are playing for, but it isn't the champions of anything.

It was a joke :p Also technically if Chelsea win they will hold both Trophies till the CL final so we will be Champions of Europe.

xintin

I'm glad Benfica are in the final because they will give Chelsea a stern test, but both finalists have already reaped the financial benefits of CL qualification, they shouldn't be given a free shot at another trophy. These teams received millions from UEFA to build teams to compete in the CL, not the Europa. Obviously it's within the rules and of course every team wants a shot at winning any trophy they can, but it's not the right way to run the competition IMO.
Spurs did parachute into the competition. When Chelsea kicked them out of the CL plane last May. Deal with it.

edit - fuck the haters, lets do this shit Benfica & Chelsea-bros. 10 goals minimum!

I would be a lot more confident if we had Hazard fit but with the players we have this should be our competition! I hope we win it and am really excited for the game! Come on the Blues!

justjohn

you dont say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom