• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC on FOX 9: Johnson vs. Benavidez II |OT| Well, it's still better than a Kings game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

ennxcPO.jpg

UFC on FOX 9: Johnson vs. Benavidez II
Date: December 14th, 2013
Venue: Arco Arena

MAIN CARD - 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT on FOX
Demetrious Johnson (-140) vs. Joseph Benavidez (+130) for the UFC flyweight title
Urijah Faber (-145) vs. Michael McDonald (+135)
Chad Mendes (-840) vs. Nik Lentz (+660)
Joe Lauzon (-170) vs. Mac Danzig (+160)

LATE PRELIMS - 5:00 PM ET / 2:00 PM PT on FOX Sports 1
Ryan LaFlare (-115) vs. Court McGee (+105)
Edson Barboza (-280) vs. Danny Castillo (+255)
Pat Healy (-145) vs. Bobby Green (+135)
Scott Jorgensen (-250) vs. Zach Makovsky (+230)
Sam Stout (-270) vs. Cody McKenzie (+250)
Roger Bowling (-130) vs. Abel Trujillo (+120)

EARLY PRELIM - 4:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM PT, free on UFC.com
Alp Ozkilic (-235) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (+215)

UFC on FOX 9: Official Weigh-In
UFC on FOX 9: Pre-Fight Press Conference
UFC on FOX 9: Main and Co-Main Preview

A UFC Lightweight title bout between the current champion Anthony Pettis and top contender TJ Grant was targeted for this event. However, Grant revealed in mid-September that he has yet to be medically cleared after suffering a concussion in training and would not be eligible to compete on December 14 and opted to decline the bout. Pettis was then expected to faced Josh Thomson in the event headliner. However, on November 10, it was announced that Pettis was injured and the bout was cancelled.

Ian McCall was expected to face Scott Jorgensen at the event. However, McCall was forced out of the bout with an injury and replaced by John Dodson. Then on December 3, Dodson himself was forced from the bout after sustaining a knee injury. Jorgensen will now face former Bellator Bantamweight Champion Zach Makovsky.

Jamie Varner was expected to face Pat Healy at this event. However, Varner pulled out of the bout due to injury and was replaced by Bobby Green.

Kelvin Gastelum was expected to face Court McGee at this event. However, Gastelum pulled out of the bout, citing an undisclosed injury and was replaced by Ryan LaFlare.

John Moraga was expected to face Darren Uyenoyama at the event. However, Moraga pulled out of the bout with an undisclosed injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Alptekin Ozkilic.

Carlos Condit was expected to face Matt Brown in a welterweight bout on the main card. However, on December 7th, it was announced that Brown had to pull out of the bout due to herniated discs in his back. Sources close to the promotion on Saturday, December 7th told MMAjunkie no replacement will be sought to meet Condit on the card, thus removing the fight entirely from the event

DKehoe

That Matt Brown vs Carlos Condit fight sure would have been fun. Despite that one being cancelled I'm still looking forward to this card.

muddream

Banned
It's the most watered down sport in the world. Early stoppages and "fighters" tapping to punches left and right, depriving the paying audience of closure...two of many issues that could easily be fixed by making the ref climb into the cage to stop the fight.

just noticed Bam Bam is fightning. jesus.

dude looks like the type of guy who lives in a trailer and likes watching other dudes doing his wife. dude got the fuckin soulless eyes of a shark.

lol @ sports going long on both FS1 and FS2. *watches the exciting conclusion to this 40-point deficit basketball game

*nm, FS2 had regularly scheduled stuff i think. whatever

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well, at least this will be on the tvs at work and not a choppy flash stream on my cellphone. Still though that's a bad card with only 1 fight (Faber v McDonald) I care about watching.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Tough times ahead for the Ultimate™. Lost their biggest PPV star in GSP and their TV audience has shrunk considerably since the move to Fox.

...and they still keep trying to sell these midgets. smh

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Is the thread title in reference to the hockey or basketball team?
Venue: Arco Arena

It's wrong too. The Kings are an interesting train wreck to watch, they're the complete opposite of how team basketball should be played. This is just dull and subpar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom