• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I checked the Film4 website to see what's on today and it's Kate Winslett season FML

i loved there obscure movies.

Now all my entertainment is done on my PC. Switched on my tv for the first time in about a year to watch the voice before my nightshift a few nights back.

go faster stripes on a GPU

lol

Don't laugh at my card bro, that card will bring me so much JOY

daviyoung

Banned
How was your Cardiff evening #6?

It was a good time, thanks!. I saw Browns but didn't get a chance to go there. Went to Wetherspoons, a few grimey pubs up the high street (opposite the big castle wall), and ended up in the Live Lounge.

Cardiff gets proper aggro at around 1am, more so than any other city I've been in. Must be the roid rage.

I also noticed that at 6'5 I was pretty much the tallest person out that night, thankfully the girls wore stupid heels so didn't make me feel like Gulliver in Lilliput.

Shame I was there just for a night, need to spend a bit longer to get to know the crannies of the city better. I just dusted the surface.

SmokyDave

SmokyDave finally wants to exchange bodily fluids with me and he has a really weird fetish FML

I have a ton of other fetishes if you like. They mostly revolve around torturing people that slander the name of the greatest racing franchise ever made.

Anyone mentions the 'F' word and I'll catch my first ever ban.

Kentpaul

now guys stop winding dave up, we don't want him to glass us!

Shottingham gangsters.

Meadows

Banned
I have a ton of other fetishes if you like. They mostly revolve around torturing people that slander the name of the greatest racing franchise ever made.

Anyone mentions the 'F' word and I'll catch my first ever ban.

Fuel?

god that game was shite

IT'S 5000SQ MILES!

about as fun as driving through Kentucky

Kentpaul

FUEL was awesome. Makes for a great podcast game.

FPS is the only genre able to bore me into a coma. An actual coma. I was under for 3 months after MW2.

No worries, you don't have to play it as a FPS, you could be a chopper pilot or a tank commander. Doesn't suit your taste ? perhaps playing as a medic would.

SmokyDave

No worries, you don't have to play it as a FPS, you could be a chopper pilot or a tank commander. Doesn't suit your taste ? perhaps playing as a medic would.

Yeah, but I'm still running around a digital 'battlefield' and that just doesn't float my boat. The closest I get is a session of Mount & Blade where I ride round on horseback just spearing fools.

Yen

He says he finds FPS boring, so you suggest he plays the role of a doctor...?

Kentpaul

He says he finds FPS boring, so you suggest he plays the role of a doctor...?

he enjoys the most boring games (GT) so why not lol.

I'm still adjusting to being apart of a community within an community.

Kentpaul

I'm sure you'll be fine, there's plenty of care in the community here.

I'm glad you guys will have my back in other threads.

update on my graphics card for those who care.

Latest Event: Edinburgh Van
Out for delivery - 2 April 2012 9:38:52

Suairyu

Banned
FUEL wasn't a racing game, it was an exploratory experience. You just drove for hours, discovering things. It was great. Brian Eno and other atmospheric music made the perfect soundtrack.

daviyoung

Banned
I got FUEL for 33p at the recent GAME sale. It's definitely worth that, although I hope there are more cars than just bike, quad and buggy.

I am both relieved and annoyed that I didn't even get into the top 10. I guess I don't spout as much crap as i think I do.

F word? Ummmmm Forza? I give up.

So just got an email from Play to say my Star Wars xbox has been dispatched. Narrowly avoided an advert for it on TV last night, turned the channel over very quickly, don't think the bloke was paying much attention luckily. Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow, just one more night of keeping him away from any advertising.

F word? Ummmmm Forza? I give up.

So just got an email from Play to say my Star Wars xbox has been dispatched. Narrowly avoided an advert for it on TV last night, turned the channel over very quickly, don't think the bloke was paying much attention luckily. Hopefully it'll be delivered tomorrow, just one more night of keeping him away from any advertising.

Forza was my guess too...

So, are you buying it FOR him as a surprise or was it a stealth purchase for you (without his knowledge)?

Chinner

Banned
also GT5 is a pretty fucking chill game. smokeydave is right battlefield 3 is fucking boring. if you're gonna play a fps at least play something that isn't identicle to 98% of the every other fps game.

Forza was my guess too...

So, are you buying it FOR him as a surprise or was it a stealth purchase for you (without his knowledge)?

It's his birthday present, he knows I've bought him an Xbox but he has no idea it's the Star Wars limited edition, as far as I know he isn't even aware of it's existence, so hopefully it's be a massive surprise when he opens it!

I meant to ask you before when you were talking about Cardiff, is the rock club Metros still going?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I was a little tired of FPS, not a CoD fan either, but I've ben playing a lot of CS:GO since getting in the BETA before the weekend.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sometimes I'd like to get into a MP FPS again, but the whole military nature of the things has turned me off. I used to be big into CoD after 4 for a little while, but the constant shouting and stress that comes with it just wore me out, I can't do it any more. I still like Halo mind, but mostly because it's not quite as IN YOUR FACE as the other big games.

Really enjoying the ME3 multiplayer right now, my asari vanguard is a fucking beast I tell you!

Also, as befits the thread, I was on a bus this morning out in the Surrey boonies and on this wonderful summery day it reminded me of how beautiful and quaint this area of England is. I usually just go between these two ugly towns on my commute but going round all these twisty roads lined with ancient houses and farms and fields and gnarled old trees all set amidst this undulating greenery just reminded me that England is a beautiful place. Nice to be reminded of such things.

And lucky me, my new job is in a school English and opulent and quaint that it has a cricket club inside it with the stereotypical cricket house thingie, as well as a massive church and statues and all kinds of awesome english stuff. I will need to eat crumpets when I'm there, certainly. Or scones. Aw yeah scones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I really should get round to building a new PC, but at the same time I really don't want to see the Windows 7 installer again for some time.

Sniv - I'm happy to hear that ME3 multiplayer is working out. I'm waiting until finishing my first play through before tackling it, should get some hours in this weekend (bless the bank holiday). If any of you guys want to team up... drop the PMs (I'm on XBL)

It's his birthday present, he knows I've bought him an Xbox but he has no idea it's the Star Wars limited edition, as far as I know he isn't even aware of it's existence, so hopefully it's be a massive surprise when he opens it!

I meant to ask you before when you were talking about Cardiff, is the rock club Metros still going?
That's awesome! Especially if he is oblivious to it's existence!

Metros IS still open, though it's mainly populated by under 20's. We went to Metros a few weeks ago, after a night in Boogiez (which has now relocated to the old Barfly...) where the DJ informed us it was 'classics' night, so only played about 50% of our requests - there were MANY! As a result we ended up getting very drunk, enjoyed a bit of 'classic rock' and then made the mistake of going to Metros and being surrounded by prepubescent lads in skinny jeans. And yep, it still has a whiff of B.O lingering in the air...

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
imagine kevin costner but as a wolf

uzPm3.jpg

Geddit?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Summer Project GAF Assemble!

I'm bringing my Dad's old Claud Butler back to life too.

1C4jp.jpg

Stripped it down ready for a shotblast and respray.

UMcg4.jpg

I hope to get it back out on the hills when the warm weather hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom