• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
urnZX.jpg

Zombie Unicorn?

Oh, were past that now I see. I went to a Halloween party as Al Jolson, top hat and tails, blackface, the lot. Only everyone thought I was Papa Lazarou :-(

Yami

Whereabouts in London do you have in mind, Yami?

Also a very happy birthday to all you young'uns!

I'm working in Clerkenwell, so anywhere Shoreditch-y/Hoxton-y/Islington-y would be nice. Bit out my price range though. I'm looking west, but I seem to be also attracted to the pricey areas there too, like Maida Vale, Little Venice, etc...

Anywhere decent a good 30 mins or so commute to Barbican station?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah I'd never heard of tablet before yesterday.

Dammit Suairyu, I have conerns he won't come back after the ban's lifted.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I vote Cheezmo, Chinner or BGBW make the thread. One of our longstanding members who's been here forever should have the honour and privilege.

BGBW Join Date: 01-19-2007

CHEEZMO™ Join Date: 01-22-2008

Chinner Join Date: 03-14-2007

Jill Sandwich Join Date: 07-03-2004

2UG4D.gif
Get off my lawn!
I've actually been here since '98 from UK:R. Oh EZBoard...

daviyoung

Banned
Well I guess Suairyu's not making the new thread then. Any takers?

I'm no good at making threads, or OTs, or photoshop, or writing so unless people want to give me a load of stuff to put up I'm pretty good at ordering stuff.

Regardless, I've got loads of ideas for titles.

|OT| Our green and pleasant totalitarian regime

|OT| Country gardens and souped-up Corsas

|OT| Den of greebos, stoners and ne'erdowells

|OT| Mad dogs. Mad hatters. Mad stacks

Also, it'll be OT 1 because it shouldn't have the stupid UK/ROI garbage. We're the British Isles collectively, so we're all BritGAF.

SteveWD40

I vote Dave makes the thread, he is the most British after all.

Wait, so why exactly was he banned? For debating a different opinion? Fuck that shit, I'm wading in to the debate. Let's hope I don't get banned.

Having read it, it looks like he was banned because Bish didn't agree with his stance, that's all I can see he did "wrong", how many other people don't back down from a debate that are banned for being "obtuse"? If this isn't a prime example of what Evilore was talking about I don't know what is, he wasn't being a dick, trolling or even (imho) being obtuse.

BGBW Join Date: 01-19-2007

CHEEZMO™ Join Date: 01-22-2008

Chinner Join Date: 03-14-2007

Jill Sandwich Join Date: 07-03-2004

2UG4D.gif
Get off my lawn!
I've actually been here since '98 from UK:R. Oh EZBoard...

You wanna make the new thread then? We've only got a few posts to figure it out!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Having read it, it looks like he was banned because Bish didn't agree with his stance, that's all I can see he did "wrong", how many other people don't back down from a debate that are banned for being "obtuse"? If this isn't a prime example of what Evilore was talking about I don't know what is, he wasn't being a dick, trolling or even (imho) being obtuse.

That's why you never post in race threads, seen plenty of people banned for disagreeing with him in those types of threads.

Cindres

I vote Dave makes the thread, he is the most British after all.

Aye I don't wanna delve too far into this but as far as I can see Suairyu was fairly arguing his point and not actually getting a response to his question, so he kept pushing, where he just kept getting the same response from those answering him.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
No, I vote we rename it BritGaf, then we are all included (I think).

I suggested that a while back but was semi shot down.

If I were to start the thread expect a pretty bare OP since I'm at work. I would of course edit it with more info when I get home.

Damn. I joined in 2007? I feel I only really started posting in the last couple of years.

|OT| Plebs

Cindres

Fuck, I only joined in '09. I know i've been lurking longer at least.

I could only join when I got to College and got an email that wasn't a free site one :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Dammit Suairyu, I have conerns he won't come back after the ban's lifted.

me too. Back when Evilore posted that rape joke he said he was finished with this place and disappeared for a while.

Also, I vote for BGBW to do the new thread. Although, I think I recall Lirlond saying he was going to do it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK, I'll make a temporary OP that I'll pretty up later on. Final few posts to vote on the next title. Worst comes to the worst we could get a mod to rename it later.

Mikeside

They have been but it doesn't come up often. Mainly the use of that word is what gets people banned.

I've had the shit kicked out of me by pikeys who were trying to rob the shop I worked at - I think I've earned the right.

I do admit that pikeys and gypsies are different things, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom