• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2015 Electronic Music Festival |OT| Stay classy, Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure i dig this Kygo feller, but i appreciate the diversity he's bringing to an otherwise relatively homogeneous lineup. reminds me of a less silly version of Unicorn Kid.

edit: this little piano breakdown though, that's good stuff right there. we need a resurgence of piano breakdowns in house music.

lmao this is so spastic compared to what we just watched. i hope he plays that track with the Korean popstars on it. that track is so stupid/awesome/stupid.

Goodbye ears and brain cells.
Skrillex is like a Big Mac. it's delicious. it's fairly cheap. and you feel kind of bad about yourself afterward.

Skrillex is a really good DJ damn

his technical chops aren't anything special. he often smashes tracks together and frequently fumbles fades and drops. however, his strength from my experience has repeatedly been his track selection and overall structure of his mix. he knows how to work a crowd into the floor and maintains a solid pace throughout his set.

Sobriquet

his technical chops aren't anything special. he often smashes tracks together and frequently fumbles fades and drops. however, his strength from my experience has repeatedly been his track selection and overall structure of his mix. he knows how to work a crowd into the floor and maintains a solid pace throughout his set.

Agreed. He's great at programming, but not that technically skilled. He hasn't been DJing that long though. Didn't he start learning like 2 years ago?

Kozak

Banned

He does a lot more than most others and thats already impressive enough imo.

I'm always a bit confused as to why a lot of DJ's are continuously touching knobs when they're just intro/outroing

Agreed. He's great at programming, but not that technically skilled. He hasn't been DJing that long though. Didn't he start learning like 2 years ago?

like above, he's been doing it for awhile know. certainly long enough to "know better" i suppose, but if I remember correctly he did do an interview once where he basically admitted that he knows he's not the greatest DJ, because he just prefers making music to playing it. for instance, his sets with Boys Noize as Dog Blood, you see Alex doing a LOT of the mixing, and in general the Dog Blood sets are tighter with the transitions and technicality because BN is a fantastic DJ.

hell yeah with some Birdy Nam Nam.

Sobriquet

He's been at it since like 2009 or something

like above, he's been doing it for awhile know. certainly long enough to "know better" i suppose, but if I remember correctly he did do an interview once where he basically admitted that he knows he's not the greatest DJ, because he just prefers making music to playing it. for instance, his sets with Boys Noize as Dog Blood, you see Alex doing a LOT of the mixing, and in general the Dog Blood sets are tighter with the transitions and technicality because BN is a fantastic DJ.

hell yeah with some Birdy Nam Nam.

His first DJ sets were when he had the spaceship, so 2012, I think? Before that he was using Ableton Live.

And Boys Noize used to be terrible. I guess with so many nights on the road you're just kinda forced to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom