• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UNCHARTED 2 One Year Anniversary Event Details!

xKxHx.jpg

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves One Year Anniversary Event will run a FULL 24 HOURS from Saturday, October 16, 2010, at 12:01 AM (what time is that in my city?) through Saturday, October 16, 2010, at 11:59 PM (what time is that in my city?).

We will be running a special, one-day only episode of “The Lab” on October 16, featuring a compilation of the most popular previous episodes of “The Lab” based on your votes.

The “Best of… The Lab” playlist will rotate through the following gametype variations:

* Shotguns Only
* Plunder Pistols Only
* No Power Weapons
* Desert-5 Shootout
* Deathmatch – No Boosters

All of the gametypes will be played on the following maps:

* The Plaza
* The Sanctuary
* The Temple
* The Train Wreck

Looking to hit level 60? Or level 80? This is absolutely your day to get a massive leg up on your run to the highest levels of the game. We’ve lifted the cash cap in ALL playlists – that’s right, NO CASH CAP. Period. But that’s not enough to celebrate our anniversary! For only these 24 hours, we’ve opened the floodgates and you’ll be getting 5x cash in all playlists, all day!

If that isn’t enough, all weekend you’ll have the option to equip an exclusive Anniversary Nathan Drake skin for multiplayer. If you play on our anniversary, you’ll have this skin available to you permanently. As soon as the clock strikes midnight and Saturday rolls into Sunday, the skin will be no longer available!

TywVW.jpg

We’ve made sure to have plenty of Naughty Dog staff online over nearly the entire 24 hour anniversary period playing EXCLUSIVELY within the “Best of… The Lab” playlist. Most of the Dogs will be clustered around the primetime playing hours of 9:00 AM PDT through 9:00 PM PST.

You can recognize official Naughty Dog employees by the red paw next to their PSN ID displayed in-game – if they don’t have the paw, they’re not a Dog, simple as that.

We have a roster of Dogs playing on October 16 over 30 deep representing every department at the studio:

Andrew O.
Anthony N.
Arne M.
Benson R.
Brenden Q.
Brian R.
Christian G.
Conner M.
Damon A.
David B.
Dustin K.
Evan W.
Jeff S.
Jerome D.
John B.
Justin R.
Kion P.
Kurt M.
Lee D.
Lizz M.
Mark B.
Matt R.
Michael H.
Mike H. #1
Mike H. #2
Ricky C.
Robert C.
Rodney R.
Shawn H.
Thomas W.
Travis K.

As a special treat, and a test of our endurance, both Robert C. and I will attempt to play for nearly the entire 24 hours of our anniversary event. Let’s see how far we can make it through the day!:)lol Good luck Arne!)

We hope to see many of you online during our Anniversary event—we’ve had a tremendous year with UNCHARTED 2 in every way possible and we couldn’t have done it without our fan community.​

jett

D-Member
Damn no money cap, I'm gonna abuse that, I'm tired of being stuck in level 55. I guess I will turn on the negative boosters. :p

Jme

So fucking pumped for this! I'm only a level 51 now, so I just have the 1 negative booster (veiled)... hopefully I will be able to gain some major levels tomorrow! I'll definitely be on lookin to party up for some Lab and/or Plunder (this is where the money's at)

aristotle

nice! I haven't played much of the MP due to my connection (it's only in this game for some reason) but I'll play just for all the extras they're adding. Not to mention I got my free GOTY code so I have everything now. :D

Yeef

I'll be there. Hopefully all of the old crew will return. I have no interest in playing with strangers!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
5x cash = may come back despite the fact the multiplayer is terrible with wallhackers and patch 1.05+ screwing the golden health limit.

mr_nothin

Banned
TheSeks said:
5x cash = may come back despite the fact the multiplayer is terrible with wallhackers and patch 1.05+ screwing the golden health limit.
:O
In-game cash in a game you seemingly dont even like anymore.

TheSeks

mr_nothin said:
In-game cash in a game you seemingly dont even like anymore.

What can I say, I'm a masochist.

I want "Come Get Some" before I put this game down for good.

Further spoiler:
Bought the game for co-op maps and singleplayer. Singleplayer was good, only three co-op maps meanwhile = terrible.

TripOpt55

Will try and squeeze some in. I do wish it was all weekend though. My college football watching habits will probably hold me back from playing too much of this.

jett

D-Member
TheSeks said:
What can I say, I'm a masochist.

I want "Come Get Some" before I put this game down for good.

Further spoiler:
Bought the game for co-op maps and singleplayer. Singleplayer was good, only three co-op maps meanwhile = terrible.

Co-op is pretty boring anyway, who cares.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I will play as well.
Let's just hope everyone uses the new Drake skin instead of the stupid skeletons!

TheSeks

bandresen said:
instead of the stupid skeletons!

Yeah, good luck with that. Five games today and their filled with SA and Skeletons.

Rikyfree

I hope Arne listens to this, since I know you lurk here! Next game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure ALL skins have voices. Otherwise you have the equivalent of people running around with essentially 3 boosters: Whatever two they have and their skeleton skin which is comparable to the walk softly booster.

Melfice7

TheSeks said:

ever played with invalid? :D 3 AK/FAL hits and you're down.. its rage worthy

Irish

I will play and wear my 1.04 tag proudly. Prepare, Naughty Dogs, prepare to be bitched at!

Now I just need to download all the patches on my new system. :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Irish said:
I will play and wear my 1.04 tag proudly. Prepare, Naughty Dogs, prepare to be bitched at!

Now I just need to download all the patches on my new system. :(
Ugh, I feel your your pain. I just got done installing all my PSN games on my new Slim, now to start patching the one's I still play.....

Wowbagger

jett said:
Damn no money cap, I'm gonna abuse that, I'm tired of being stuck in level 55. I guess I will turn on the negative boosters. :p

Fuck that. Play Plunder with Deposit on. Much less frustrating.

jett

D-Member
Wowbagger said:
Fuck that. Play Plunder with Deposit on. Much less frustrating.

That won't take advantage of the unlimited money cap. Plunder has been ruined since ND decided to give you pennis for each kill, anyway. I'll be deathmatching this bitch tomorrow.

TheSeks

Melfice7 said:
ever played with invalid? :D 3 AK/FAL hits and you're down.. its rage worthy

I have, and it's not too bad on maps with a lot of cover. But on some of them (like the fort) it's rage inducing trying to get into cover with .5% health compared to 25% from the 1.04 50% (invalid) and 100% (normal) values. >:|

handofg0d said:
Do slot 1 negatives have any impact on Plunder with it's $2 kills?

Every five kills with them gives the medal value. So doing it in Plunder (with nothing but a capture and time limit stopping your murder spree) is the idea.

But doing co-op arena (BOOOOORING) for max cash before cashing the treasure in Gold Rush gives you more but it takes an hour to do.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

YES.

This sounds fucking awesome. The problem is that it's only going to last ONE day and the worst part is that it's a Saturday...I'm going to Universal Studios Hollywood for the Halloween stuff, DAMN YOU. :(

Once again, HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK :O

jett

D-Member
TheSeks said:
I have, and it's not too bad on maps with a lot of cover. But on some of them (like the fort) it's rage inducing trying to get into cover with .5% health compared to 25% from the 1.04 50% (invalid) and 100% (normal) values. >:|

Every five kills with them gives the medal value. So doing it in Plunder (with nothing but a capture and time limit stopping your murder spree) is the idea.

But doing co-op arena (BOOOOORING) for max cash before cashing the treasure in Gold Rush gives you more but it takes an hour to do.

Newsflash: medal kills are now worthless in plunder. They give you basically nothing. You cant' take advantage of negative boosters in plunder anymore. It was supposed to fix campers and whatnot, but for me it pretty much ruined every mode but deathmatch. Fucking ND.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
jett said:
Co-op is pretty boring anyway, who cares.
People who say this never really bothered to play co-op. It's one of the best modes in the game. Play with only two people on the older maps and you'll have a lot of fun. Guaranteed. You will never get the same feeling of intensity in any other modes.

Also, Naughty Dog an idea for a future Lab:

Pistols only co-op arena!

Make it happen!

jett said:
Newsflash: medal kills are now worthless in plunder. They give you basically nothing. You cant' take advantage of negative boosters in plunder anymore.
They did decrease the amount of cash you get on Plunder, but if you equip deposit, you're sure to almost max out if you score/team scores all 5 idols and get the "That Was Embarrassing" medal. You don't even need a negative booster.

Wowbagger

To maximize income tomorrow, either equip GJ and CGS and have a miserable time playing DM and earning 400K per match (10 kills required), or equip Deposit + whatever and have fun playing Plunder and earning 300K per match (5-0 required).

Taking all the medals into account, the difference in favour of DM is more than 100K. However, you're much more likely to consistently win 5-0 in Plunder than get 10 kills in DM when playing in a GAF party.

Anyway, I hope people won't just be into earning fake cash tomorrow. I want to spend some quality time in The Lab, and hopefully run into a laggy ND dev or two.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Same here. I hope I get to play against some of the developers. It should be a blast. Looking forward to it in a couple of hours. I just hate you Naughty Dog because it had to be on a Saturday where I'm almost never home. :cry

Top Bottom