• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Yeef

I am interested in hitting 60, but I won't have much time to play. My main goal is just to play with the old crew like CJ and Guy Buttersnaps.

Irish

Yeef said:
I am interested in hitting 60, but I won't have much time to play. My main goal is just to play with the old crew like CJ and Guy Buttersnaps.

CJ I can understand, but how dare you list the Q-man before me. :p

WEGGLES

Sounds like I picked an excellent time to get Uncharted 2 :D

I'm just playing the single player. Just doing the train crash squence for the second time. Love the stuff he says the second time around "Sick of climbing shit..." "Probably be easier to jump..." :lol :lol

Yeef

Irish said:
CJ I can understand, but how dare you list the Q-man before me. :p
Well, I figured you and Somnium both have egos big enough already! Mentioning either of you will only make them worse!

Kittonwy

Banned
Lab is up but no skin yet.
Indifferent2.gif

oatmeal

Banned
Put this in for the first time in almost a year, started a game on Crushing.

Man is that first sequence, sneak level just a chore to get through the second time?

Ugh...

In the jungle, very frustrating. The guns feel so underpowered...AK47 to the chest x4 and no death? :(

ZeroRay

oatmeal said:
Put this in for the first time in almost a year, started a game on Crushing.

Man is that first sequence, sneak level just a chore to get through the second time?

Ugh...

In the jungle, very frustrating. The guns feel so underpowered...AK47 to the chest x4 and no death? :(

Surprisingly, it doesn't get much harder after chapter 4 for a while. Anything past the monastery can be difficult if you don't know what you're doing. Also, always go for headshots.

Levi

Banned
Played for about An hour with Kittonwy. Have to work most of the day tomorrow, but I'll be on in the closing hours (10pm-12am).

Playing this after playing most Halo the last month was really weird.

Piggus

I just bought U2 after seeing this thread pop up for the millionth time.. haha. I rented it for the SP shortly after it came out and thought it was one of the most incredible games I have ever played. Now that I'm not broke anymore, there's no excuse for me not to own it. :)

Thank you Naughty Dog for providing us with such an incredible adventure. Games like this truly define the art form.

arne

Kittonwy said:
Lab is up but no skin yet.
Indifferent2.gif

So the Anniversary Drake skin will be available on Monday/Tuesday to those who have played a matchmaking match today, it's only active for Naughty Dog employees today.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
arne said:
So the Anniversary Drake skin will be available on Monday/Tuesday to those who have played a matchmaking match today, it's only active for Naughty Dog employees today.
No wonder! There wasn't any clarification on the game or anywhere until right now. Me and my friends were all saying, "Where's the skin?" We thought that it would unlock after playing a few Lab matches, but nope! Haha. Glad to have it cleared out.

I didn't get a chance to play with any of the developers at Naughty Dog tonight, though. :( I kept thinking that maybe we would have been matched up with some, but nothing. Oh well, there's always next time. I made so much money too. In my opinion, you guys should have permanent double cash because leveling up takes forever. Yeah, there's really no incentive to level up in this game, but seeing that "level cap" rise slowly is just aggravating. Even with all the money I made tonight, I still need like 12 million to level up to 63. :lol

Also, was it just me or were the matches in today's Lab really laggy? I don't remember previous Labs being this bad. Pretty fun lab, with the exception of Shotguns only. Against.

After playing a couple matches here and there over the last year, I finally sat down and played for a few hours because of the XP weekend. This multiplayer game just isn't for me. I'm not a fan of weapon pickups, and I just find it difficult to kill anyone. I'll probably just stick with playing some coop rounds in the future.

Edit - Now I remember why I don't play coop. You spend more time looking at a matchmaking screen then actually playing the game.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Yeah, my absolute favourite game of the generation, but the multiplayer does nothing for me. Ah well, glad you're all enjoying it :)

Hmmm right i havent played this in about a month but whats happend to it?. Im from the uk and i play it with a friend from the uk, a month ago it was pretty good we got paired up mostly with people from eu and the odd asian or the like. Just played five games there and there is a heavy heavy load of people from the americas. Now this is bad news for us being from the uk players seem to take three clips to kill and you start with more or less a handicap and you know you wont be host. So whats happen whats changed it feels so bad now with lag glitchers cheats and no offence but yank kids playing on 2mb broadband while the rest of the house downloads and surfs and they still get host.:lol Has naughty dog changed the player search or something?.

jett

D-Member
Drunkenthumbmaster said:
I cannot connect online in this game any help please??? I keep getting failed to synch level errors any way to fix this?

Have you tried resetting the PS3?

Melfice7

supermackem said:
Hmmm right i havent played this in about a month but whats happend to it?. Im from the uk and i play it with a friend from the uk, a month ago it was pretty good we got paired up mostly with people from eu and the odd asian or the like. Just played five games there and there is a heavy heavy load of people from the americas. Now this is bad news for us being from the uk players seem to take three clips to kill and you start with more or less a handicap and you know you wont be host. So whats happen whats changed it feels so bad now with lag glitchers cheats and no offence but yank kids playing on 2mb broadband while the rest of the house downloads and surfs and they still get host.:lol Has naughty dog changed the player search or something?.

wish the game had the option to use region based matchmaking

Melfice7 said:
wish the game had the option to use region based matchmaking

This, why doesnt it alot of games have it now and it means you dont get pissed off so much being at a disadvantage out the gate.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
After playing a couple matches here and there over the last year, I finally sat down and played for a few hours because of the XP weekend. This multiplayer game just isn't for me. I'm not a fan of weapon pickups, and I just find it difficult to kill anyone. I'll probably just stick with playing some coop rounds in the future.

Edit - Now I remember why I don't play coop. You spend more time looking at a matchmaking screen then actually playing the game.

You just point and shoot. Pew pew pew.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
arne said:

Bummer. Me and vsrobot stayed up past 3am this morning just to play the lab and try to get the giraffe t-shirt, oh well.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

UC2 MP vets ... is the lab and plunder the only way to find players? They were the only games I could get into this morning ... had a good time but had to test the matchmaking modes a bit to see which actually found players.

jett

D-Member
Kittonwy said:
Bummer. Me and vsrobot stayed up past 3am this morning just to play the lab and try to get the giraffe t-shirt, oh well.
Indifferent2.gif

What do you mean try and get? Isn't getting the shirt a sure thing?

Yeef

JB1981 said:
UC2 MP vets ... is the lab and plunder the only way to find players? They were the only games I could get into this morning ... had a good time but had to test the matchmaking modes a bit to see which actually found players.
I haven't played in a few months, but All competitive and deathmatch were the two most active playlists when I was playing. All competitive was always the emptiest.

Chances are everyone is playing plunder for the cash and the lab to meet the dogs (and also for the cash) so the other playlists will probably be empty most of the day.

thcsquad

I went from level 21 to 28 in a couple of hours today. Three of those levels were one Plunder match in which I got two scores. I think we also shut them out :)

Overall, its a crapshoot though. In my first plunder match, nobody on my team was going for the treasure and we got owned (shut out). Who else is playing? Add me (PSN same as GAF id). I'm going to try and play again tonight.

thcsquad

Curufinwe said:
So Plunder is the best way to earn cash? I hadn't played since Christmas before today.

Yeah, $20,000 per capture (even if you didn't capture it, I think), and $150,000 if it's 5-0 in your team's favor.

Massa

I'm glad I got the Siege pack code for free (from a Gaffer!) because it would piss me off to pay $6 for something I'm unable to use.

Edit: on another note, The Lab Playlist should exist 24/7! It's so much fun.

(MemoryCure here): I really enjoy playing with other gaffers; UC2 MP is usually unbearable. The lag plays a big part, along with the changes they've made (Yay! Patches). Really awesome games today though! ...I might be on later.

And yes, Lab is awesome! (with the exception of shotty only)

Rikyfree said:
Count me in! The GAF clan shall herp and derp all those who do not herpderp. The herping and derping will be monumental.
Herp Derp

On now and playing. Finally started leveling again.

Rusty, but still got 57-27 in pistols only Plunder. Most of I've made from one match is 222k :lol

TripOpt55

Man, I'm pretty rusty. Not playing too well. I had a few great games in there. Maybe I will try some Plunder later. I was playing the lab, but after the second game of all shotguns in a row, I needed a break from that. Will play some more again later.

Jme

Wowbagger said:
5x cash multiplier and three out of five lab modes have boosters disabled... does. not. compute.

Nah, it's 300K. It's nice to get that every match. B-)

Yea, 300k + whatever your other medals bring in (I've been getting 330-370 on 5-0 matches)

I've only played a few hours total today and I went from 51 to 53 already (3.5 million cash)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yay DCs and lag. It just doesn't have the same charm. :(

I saw a level 80 today and all I could think of was, this guy has no life.

jediyoshi

Made a new user just to claim the skin on another account. Got to level 10 after my first match :lol Was lucky and got matched up against some NDI the next round, nice to hear them candidly talk about Uncharted 3's existence.

TripOpt55

handofg0d said:
Yea, 300k + whatever your other medals bring in (I've been getting 330-370 on 5-0 matches)

I've only played a few hours total today and I went from 51 to 53 already (3.5 million cash)
Wow. I'll have to try and play some plunder. Hopefully, I'll get on some decent teams.

storl026

Wow, I'm just getting back into this and am getting absolutely destroyed by teams of level 55-60. Not fun at all when you're up against that, otherwise really good.

iNvid02

storl026 said:
Wow, I'm just getting back into this and am getting absolutely destroyed by teams of level 55-60. Not fun at all when you're up against that, otherwise really good.

same, my team was garbage, havent played for aaages and still got highest score on our side

Jme

jediyoshi said:
Made a new user just to claim the skin on another account. Got to level 10 after my first match :lol Was lucky and got matched up against some NDI the next round, nice to hear them candidly talk about Uncharted 3's existence.

Indeed that is lucky - been playing on and off since it started and havent seen one yet :/

Top Bottom