• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is there a way to disable the FAL weapon when The Fort is chosen? I swear to god, that map is gorgeous...but it's fucking terrible for multiplayer. Nothing but camping the whole match. At least have an option to disable the FAL when you're playing Plunder. If it's disabled, people will be forced to move since they'll have shitty aim with the AK47 at long distances. FAL campers (EVERYONE playing) piss me off so much in that map.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Could use some help...

A few weeks ago I was playing through SP and the game froze. I left it for a while, but it was completely hung up. So I reset the system and tried to start the game again. Unfortunately something must have been corrupted, because the game won't make it through the initial load without freezing. The little dagger spins forever and then the PS3 locks up and needs to be reset -- happens every time.

So I thought maybe the game data was corrupted, or possibly the the bluray was damaged. I deleted everything to do with UC2 from my HDD. I was reluctant to delete my save games, so instead I moved them to another user profile. (I figure they cant interfere if they're saved under a user profile I'm not currently using). So with all the data gone I start the game and re download all the patches. Doesn't work -- game still freezes on the first loading screen. So I go out and rent another copy to see if it's a damaged disc. Same thing. I've actually tried with three different physical copies of the game and it's always the same thing. I deleted all the game data/patches and things too, but it wont work.

I'm perplexed, and starting to get annoyed. I'd like to play the game I bought... but I have no idea what to try next.

help!

Evolved1

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Maybe it's a lens/dust issue inside the system? Try spraying a can of air in there see if that helps. Just a guess and it won't hurt.

PS3 is pretty new and every other game I own works... thanks though.

Maybe you did already but try the game without the updates and don't update when it prompts you. Maybe even boot the game sans the ethernet cable to avoid the prompt altogether and see what happens.

Evolved1

I did try booting before redownloading the updates... but I haven't tried booting while disconnected from PSN.

As soon as this massive Heavy Rain patch finishes dl'ing (seriously why is that so big) I will try UC2 sans PSN.

Thanks guys... I'll post if it works.

I just completed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a couple of days ago, and im considering buying the sequel. I didn't love every part of the first game, but the chapters that i enjoyed (chapter 1, and the last 6 chapters) were fantastic. The story and scenery were great, but i didn't care much about most of the combat. I felt like i had to fight way too many enemies even though i played on easy, and i had no way of avoiding long gunfights. Have the combat been changed up a little bit in the sequel? Does it take up a larger portion of the game compared to the first one?

Kittonwy

Banned
1138 said:
I just completed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a couple of days ago, and im considering buying the sequel. I didn't love every part of the first game, but the chapters that i enjoyed (chapter 1, and the last 6 chapters) were fantastic. The story and scenery were great, but i didn't care much about most of the combat. I felt like i had to fight way too many enemies even though i played on easy, and i had no way of avoiding long gunfights. Have the combat been changed up a little bit in the sequel? Does it take up a larger portion of the game compared to the first one?

There is more platforming in the sequel but the combat has improved in that there are more opportunities for action stealth, the sequel is a better overall game and the best game on the PS3.
KlintIndifference.gif

1138 said:

The mechanics are all fine tuned, and the combat is much better. A lot of that is pacing too, you're in multiple places, and the action doesn't let up.

It's the same for the most part. The platforming is more exciting in parts, with gunfights based around that location. If you're expecting less action, don't.

Go buy it. :D

Eliciel

1138 said:

I felt that Uncharted 2 had more fights compared to Uncharted 1. But the combat in Uncharted 2 blows the first one out of the water it is not even comparable in my opinion. It just feels like a real 3rd person shooter the moment you start shooting, it is really very fun. There are definitely some longer gunfights and there are often no ways of escaping them, nevertheless it's just very fun because everything has been improved right here. You should give it a try.

I really understand that you might didn't like the combat in Uncharted 1, but it really has changed since then.

Uncharted 2 is one of the best Action Adventure if not the best out there atm. You will love it

C.T.

1138 said:

There are more stealth elements and enemies won't notice you without you even leaving your hideout like in the first game.. Still there are still some big waves of enemies it's easier and I think you can take more hits (played the first on crushing and and the second on hard on first playthrough). There are some harder enemies who take a lot of hits but you find stronger weapons and you can prevent some enemy waves with being stealthy. So after all it's alot easier and more fun.

Sounds like they've improved it quiet a bit, and the possibility of using stealth sounds great. As long as there are more combat possibilities i think i can handle it. The game is quite cheap now anyway, so i guess i will pick it up later. Thanks for the comments.

Evolved1

Ugh... still freezes every time. I don't understand. smh.

money down the toilet.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
1138 said:
Sounds like they've improved it quiet a bit, and the possibility of using stealth sounds great. As long as there are more combat possibilities i think i can handle it. The game is quite cheap now anyway, so i guess i will pick it up later. Thanks for the comments.
Uncharted 2 is better than the first in every possible way. Better combat, better traversal, multiplayer AND co-op. The last half of the game is fucking awesome, too.

You really can't go wrong.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Uncharted 1 has a giant interconnected environment, which may not be an inherent plus, but it certainly an alternative to UC2's globe-trotting style and makes it worth a look independently of UC2.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
recklessmind said:
Ugh... still freezes every time. I don't understand. smh.

money down the toilet.
I had the same issue with the game getting stuck in the loading screen (black screen with the dagger). I had to delete all my game data and redownload all the 9 patches. After that, it worked. I've bitched too many times in this thread alone that the game has messed up on me ever since the latest patch. I hope you get it to work. I've uninstalled/redownloaded everything 3 times now. :(

Darkatomz

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

So earlier this week, long story short, I chopped off a chunk of my right thumb at work in the morning. I found some free time yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months and hopped onto UC2, only to find after 2 games that the injury is going to keep me from using a controller until this damn thing heals. Ugh...

Rikyfree

Darkatomz said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

So earlier this week, long story short, I chopped off a chunk of my right thumb at work in the morning. I found some free time yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months and hopped onto UC2, only to find after 2 games that the injury is going to keep me from using a controller until this damn thing heals. Ugh...
That sucks man, hope you get better. Look on the bright side, at least it's not the whole thumb.

Evolved1

Rewrite said:
I had the same issue with the game getting stuck in the loading screen (black screen with the dagger). I had to delete all my game data and redownload all the 9 patches. After that, it worked. I've bitched too many times in this thread alone that the game has messed up on me ever since the latest patch. I hope you get it to work. I've uninstalled/redownloaded everything 3 times now. :(

Did you delete your game saves? Because I do not want to do that. I moved them to a different user profile... if I delete them and it still doesn't work I might dropkick my PS3.

Calion

Rez said:
Uncharted 1 has a giant interconnected environment, which may not be an inherent plus, but it certainly an alternative to UC2's globe-trotting style and makes it worth a look independently of UC2.

This is definitely something U1 has over U2. I have a huge soft spot for interconnected environments. (GoW1-2, MGS1-3, RE games) :D

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
recklessmind said:
Did you delete your game saves? Because I do not want to do that. I moved them to a different user profile... if I delete them and it still doesn't work I might dropkick my PS3.
Sorry in replying a little bit late, but no. I didn't delete my game saves...only my game data. Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Regarding the new lab:

I'm 50/50. Plunder to me is the best mode outside of co-op so it's nice to see that there's a Lab dedicated to it. However, since it's 3 vs. 3...I find it to be a little bit frustrating even when you're in a party that actually cares about scoring. The reason it's a little bit frustrating is because the time it takes for you to spawn back seems to last an eternity when you die. I believe if the time it took for you to spawn back was more quicker, it would be a lot more enjoyable and intense, which would be a lot of fun. This is a problem I have with the game in general. Let's say I'm playing regular Plunder (5 vs. 5) and three idiots decide to quit which makes it 2 vs. 5. When you die, the same amount of time to respawn back is the same as the other team that outnumbers us. The game should allow you to spawn back more quickly since you're at a major disadvantage. On a more positive note, I did notice that since it's only 3 vs. 3 A LOT of players are actually sticking together. Out of all the games I played tonight, not once did I actually play a game where the opposite team didn't stick together so for me, that's very awesome that people understand the concept of this mode. Now if only that can be transitioned to regular plunder...

Kittonwy

Banned
recklessmind said:

Deleting game saves doesn't solve anything.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rewrite said:
Sorry in replying a little bit late, but no. I didn't delete my game saves...only my game data. Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Regarding the new lab:

I'm 50/50. Plunder to me is the best mode outside of co-op so it's nice to see that there's a Lab dedicated to it. However, since it's 3 vs. 3...I find it to be a little bit frustrating even when you're in a party that actually cares about scoring. The reason it's a little bit frustrating is because the time it takes for you to spawn back seems to last an eternity when you die. I believe if the time it took for you to spawn back was more quicker, it would be a lot more enjoyable and intense, which would be a lot of fun. This is a problem I have with the game in general. Let's say I'm playing regular Plunder (5 vs. 5) and three idiots decide to quit which makes it 2 vs. 5. When you die, the same amount of time to respawn back is the same as the other team that outnumbers us. The game should allow you to spawn back more quickly since you're at a major disadvantage. On a more positive note, I did notice that since it's only 3 vs. 3 A LOT of players are actually sticking together. Out of all the games I played tonight, not once did I actually play a game where the opposite team didn't stick together so for me, that's very awesome that people understand the concept of this mode. Now if only that can be transitioned to regular plunder...

I think the respawn time is balanced enough to make you want to stay alive instead of just trading lives for carries, you cut the respawn time and it will fuck up spawning all over again.

Rewrite said:

Same thing happened to me during my hard mode run. My PS3 locks up so now I can only play MP. I went to the ND boards and they told me to do the same thing you guys are suggesting but it still doesnt work so I just left it alone.

Wowbagger

GGs to everyone I played The Lab with last weekend. I'll miss this less chaotic Plunder experience now that it's back to 5 vs 5. It made me think Plunder should never have been 5 vs 5 in the first place -- maybe 4 vs 4 would be ideal. There's just something very satisfying about being able to pick up and throw the treasure without immediately being shot to death right after having killed two or three enemies. I'm sure the horrible spawn system is at least partially to blame, but 5 vs 5 is really pushing it, map sizes being what they are.

Shame about all the quitters. The game really needs to award players on the losing team better for making an effort and finishing a match.

C.T.

I've got a really stupid question, don't hit me please.
I platinumed uncharted 2 but downloaded the dlc on a different account. Can I transfer the DLC to my platinumed account or was it a grave mistake? I downloaded it on a different account for convenience (my credit card was saved there and everything). I want to complete it 100%. :(

KillerAJD

Just got done with a game (Plunder on The Fort), and my buddies and I swear a few of the other team were shooting through the walls. The three of them can't even watch the cinema replay, because it freezes their PS3 (at the beginning of the match, they couldn't throw grenades). All kinds of funky shit happened during the match (the treasure disappearing, I was holding it and somehow the other team scored). How the hell can I report these people?

Rikyfree

I'm in the habit of muting pretty much anyone I play. It helps my sanity when I don't have to listen to their whining after thoroughly kicking them and their teammates' asses.

Yeef

C.T. said:
I've got a really stupid question, don't hit me please.
I platinumed uncharted 2 but downloaded the dlc on a different account. Can I transfer the DLC to my platinumed account or was it a grave mistake? I downloaded it on a different account for convenience (my credit card was saved there and everything). I want to complete it 100%. :(
As long as it's on the same system any account should be able to use it. I buy all of my DLC on a separate account and have never had any problem with anything other than avatars.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Rikyfree said:
I'm in the habit of muting pretty much anyone I play. It helps my sanity when I don't have to listen to their whining after thoroughly kicking them and their teammates' asses.
That's what I do like 90% of the time, especially when I'm playing in a party with friends. Sometimes the other people will talk and I won't be able to hear what my friends say. Thank god for the mute button. There's other instances where I won't mute it because it's hilarious to see people have meltdowns especially when they're Down the Irons/Situation Awareness/Fleet Foot users. Usually high level too. :lol

KillerAJD said:
Just got done with a game (Plunder on The Fort), and my buddies and I swear a few of the other team were shooting through the walls. The three of them can't even watch the cinema replay, because it freezes their PS3 (at the beginning of the match, they couldn't throw grenades). All kinds of funky shit happened during the match (the treasure disappearing, I was holding it and somehow the other team scored). How the hell can I report these people?
Plunder in The Fort is fucking awful. Nobody can dispute this because all it becomes is a major camp fest.

I can relate to the problems you posted about since the last two days, the game has been really buggy. Yesterday, I was in a Plunder match with some friends in The Highrise (best map ever), and the whole game was fucked up. I couldn't see characters on the whole map, yet other players could kill me. The treasure would miraculously disappear from the map only to reappear in other locations in a matter of seconds OR it would score it into the opposing team's treasure chest like you described. I would spawn and automatically die from the opposing team when there wasn't ANYONE around. My friend was "kicked" off from the game despite him not killing any of us. And today, we would host a party of 3 and it would automatically MUTE one of my friends every single time he'd join or the match would start. Him and I were not able to listen to one another. I would have to manually unmute him as the match started (the same goes for my friend too). Another problem was that my friends were getting "disconnected" from the party (their name would appear like if they had left the game and the match would end), but in reality they were never really disconnected because they still appeared in the lobby.

WTF is up?

C.T.

Yeef said:
As long as it's on the same system any account should be able to use it. I buy all of my DLC on a separate account and have never had any problem with anything other than avatars.

Thats what I thought. But when I start the multiplayer on my platinumed account it askes me if I want to buy the DLC because I don't have it. If I go to the store I still have to pay. I don't want to pay twice. :(

Danielsan

Someone should have told me they made the multiplayer fun again. Last time I played was around 1.05 I believe. My only complaint is that grenades seems to have lost all deadliness.

C.T.

alr1ghtstart said:
Same region? I think UC2 has region specific DLC.

the account I downloaded it on is from germany. My platiniumed account is from uk. should both be pal. Maybe the german version is censored and that's why? hope not...

Wowbagger

C.T. said:
the account I downloaded it on is from germany. My platiniumed account is from uk. should both be pal. Maybe the german version is censored and that's why? hope not...

Got nothing to do with PAL. Publishers don't want us to import cheap copies from the UK, so they region-lock DLC. Always compare product numbers before purchasing DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony are quite the dicks when it comes to region-locking DLC. Ironic, really.

C.T.

Wowbagger said:
Got nothing to do with PAL. Publishers don't want us to import cheap copies from the UK, so they region-lock DLC. Always compare product numbers before purchasing DLC.

Didn't know that. I just avoid german games because of the huge USK logo. Yeah I know sony first party games have reversible cover. Anyways, thx.

Cartman86

Banned
Calion82v said:
This is definitely something U1 has over U2. I have a huge soft spot for interconnected environments. (GoW1-2, MGS1-3, RE games) :D

Oh god yes!! Someone else who thinks this! Uncharted 2 I can get over because there is no loading and it all feels seamless, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves. Enslaved has those stupid load screens (with hints) in between chapters which sometimes move long distances.

NeoUltima said:

It's a very interesing choice as I loved Three Kings and the early buzz for The Fighter is very good. But a part of me thinks he will drop out at the last second (like he always does) or kill someone on set (like he almost always does).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Calion82v said:
there's something about being able to see the Fort in the distance from the sunken town area that is just makes get all warm and fuzzy and "video games.... fuck yeah!"

I like feeling like I'm in a space, I guess. :lol

Calion

Rez said:
there's something about being able to see the Fort in the distance from the sunken town area that is just makes get all warm and fuzzy and "video games.... fuck yeah!"

I like feeling like I'm in a space, I guess. :lol

I know the feeling. It really is magical. :D

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
arne plz tell to naughtygods that U1 had far superior handgun aim view, I hate handgun aim view in U2 :(

Top Bottom