• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Metalmurphy said:
Why did you feel it was necessary to repost that? oO
I'll read that another three times if it means it'll delete the pointless noise you post on this board?

djtortilla said:
for UC3, ND needs to think of a variety scenarios requiring costume changes for Drake.

Think of all the multiplayer costumes they could have

I imagine the opening sequence involving Drake wearing a tux and Elena wearing a dress

Or maybe at a beach in shorts and Bikini

I really liked these idea. The game made a good job at putting Drake in different outfit (thief, normal drake, tibetan drake, etc...) and somehow, a bathshort Drake can be awesome and verry goofy at the same time. Although, a Clohe vs Elena bikini volley scene would be...

Here's a couple pics I just took:

2820yeq.jpg

vrrmko.jpg

-They also need to make the footsteps sounds louder. The silent foot boost is pretty useless because everyone is quiet already unless they jump.
-Get rid cheap characters like skeletons.
-Add a custom clothing system.
-Bigger maps or fix that damn spawning system for tdm so people don't randomly spawn behind u.
-Blocking system for melee.
-Special weapons like the grenade launcher and rpg that air drop randomly after 1 min in elimination mode rather than spawning in the same area all the time.
- Harsher punishment or some system that causes a character to commit suicide if they use some kind of lag based cheat. I encountered a bunch of assholes who used the invisibility glitch by using the lag switch.

jett

D-Member
Today I've been reminded why I don't play MP of this game anymore.

af4c3eb5560f.gif

Whoever decided to fuck up plunder fucking sucks.

Victrix

*beard*
Man, one of my friends is playing through this for the first time, and I got to see him go through the
Hotel and Train sequences

This game still looks so damn good

Plus Drake and company own

Can't wait to see what ND does next

DuckRacer

jett said:
Today I've been reminded why I don't play MP of this game anymore.

Whoever decided to fuck up plunder fucking sucks.
...so why's plunder worse now? Don't really play it often (last time, a teammate and I were accidentally teamkilled by a grenade when I was a few feet away from depositing the game-winning treasure. Opposing team came back from a 4-1 tally to win, smhhhhhhhh).

Nyx

Hmm, wanted to play this today, but after the Naughty Dog intro the screen stays black and nothing happens anymore....

Anyone else with this problem ? Game worked fine before the last FW update.

Jaroof

Man, it's been like 2+ weeks since I've been online, due to my internet being off. :/
Now that it's back on, I'm definitely gonna be online sometime this week :D
I miss it so much.

Angst

Had a couple of really good plunder games yesterday. Played with a couple of randoms against a team. I was fully expecting to get my ass handed to me but we won 5-1 and then 5-0 in the next game. :lol

Then I played against another team... Annoying bastards that didn't score or even touch the idol even once. They only hid around waiting for an opportunity for the "Drop It" medal. 3 guys guarding the idol and 2 guys hanging around our capture zone. Fun times. After 10 minutes of 0-0 I quit because I couldn't bear it for another 10 minutes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Speaking of Plunder, I got my Protectorate trophy tonight! I thought I would have never gotten it by playing with randoms, but I did! Definitely the hardest multiplayer trophy to get by far. Feels good. :D

Also, did Naughty Dog change the "capture zones" in Siege Mode? There was some new spots that I've never seen before in The Plaza.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rewrite said:
Speaking of Plunder, I got my Protectorate trophy tonight! I thought I would have never gotten it by playing with randoms, but I did! Definitely the hardest multiplayer trophy to get by far. Feels good. :D

Also, did Naughty Dog change the "capture zones" in Siege Mode? There was some new spots that I've never seen before in The Plaza.

Congrats on the Protectorate trophy.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm coming back guys. Just got the OST and it brought back all the memories of last fall :) Gonna do SP again and then jump back into MP!

LevityNYC

Banned
I tried tonight and last night and I simply cannot find a game. Either no one is playing or something. No matter which match type I pick, my PS3 just sits at the Matchmaking screen searching for a game without any luck connecting.

Anyone help?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
LevityNYC said:
I tried tonight and last night and I simply cannot find a game. Either no one is playing or something. No matter which match type I pick, my PS3 just sits at the Matchmaking screen searching for a game without any luck connecting.

Anyone help?
At what time are you trying to connect online? I only play at nights, but I always find some people to play co-op with and I'll at least play a 3 vs. 3 Plunder match with randoms. Usually, it's easy to pick up people in Deathmatch since I believe that's the most popular mode.

Speaking of that, what modes do players play the most, Naughty Dog? Does anyone know? I'm curious!

And this probably old ass news, but I just noticed that when you play the co-op objective missions, the lips of the characters move when you talk on voice! MIND = BLOWN. :lol I couldn't stop laughing because I NEVER noticed that before! Definitely a fucking awesome touch.

Kittonwy said:
Congrats on the Protectorate trophy.
Indifferent2.gif
Thanks!

Levi

Banned
I badly want to try this Lab but my home internet is experiencing an outage :( I'm having to borrow my neighbor's wifi (with permission, actually) in order to get my GAF fix.

Even if it gets fixed soon, Sunday is my wedding anniversary so I doubt I'll have much controller time. Miss u nerds :(

Darkatomz

Deagle matches on Sanctuary, Temple, and Train Wreck with no boosters? Eh, I guess I'll sign on tomorrow night when I get a chance.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't even fucking play the game anymore because when I boot up the game, the black screen with the spinning dagger appears and nothing happens. It just stays stuck there. What the hell. I'm seriously pissed that all of these issues have been happening to me lately when the game used to run fine before...

I'm trying to find fixes for my problem...I just hope I don't have to resort to fucking deleting my game data AGAIN for the third time + redownloading all the DLC in order for the problem to be fixed. :|

Rewrite said:
I can't even fucking play the game anymore because when I boot up the game, the black screen with the spinning dagger appears and nothing happens. It just stays stuck there. What the hell. I'm seriously pissed that all of these issues have been happening to me lately when the game used to run fine before...

I'm trying to find fixes for my problem...I just hope I don't have to resort to fucking deleting my game data AGAIN for the third time + redownloading all the DLC in order for the problem to be fixed. :|
Sorry but that's what you have to do. I just went through the same process earlier :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
CrushDance said:
Sorry but that's what you have to do. I just went through the same process earlier :/
Yeah...it's downloading the 6th patch out of 9. I'm so pissed off. This is the third time I've done it. I think the latest patch is causing all these problems because I never had any issues before.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Redownloading everything fixed my problems yet again, but for how long? Another two weeks until I have to do the same?

Anyway, aside from that bullshit...I tried The Lab with two other buddies of mine tonight and let me just say:

SECOND BEST LAB EVER.

Seriously. I'm in fucking heaven with this Lab. You have no idea how much ass I'm kicking because the majority of people can't aim pistols worth a shit. My scores in every match I played tonight ranged from 25 + kills with minimal deaths. It's also awesome that people don't have boosters so it's incredible to see how much people suck without them. I'm sad that it's only going to last a few days, but damn did I have a fucking amazing time with my buddies tonight.

Pistols > Every other weapon in the game.

Jaroof

Rewrite said:
Redownloading everything fixed my problems yet again, but for how long? Another two weeks until I have to do the same?

Anyway, aside from that bullshit...I tried The Lab with two other buddies of mine tonight and let me just say:

SECOND BEST LAB EVER.

Seriously. I'm in fucking heaven with this Lab. You have no idea how much ass I'm kicking because the majority of people can't aim pistols worth a shit. My scores in every match I played tonight ranged from 25 + kills with minimal deaths. It's also awesome that people don't have boosters so it's incredible to see how much people suck without them. I'm sad that it's only going to last a few days, but damn did I have a fucking amazing time with my buddies tonight.

Pistols > Every other weapon in the game.

I like you.
I like you a lot :3

Good games earlier, CrushDance! I'm really rusty, though.. Hadn't played in weeks. But it's good to be back! :D

TripOpt55

Cool pics MoonsaultSlayer.

I tried the new lab. Pretty fun stuff. Only had time for a couple matches, but I liked it. Got to try Sanctuary and Temple.

AngelComa

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Game plays better without all the BS boosters. Now if they could only fix the terrible lag...
My internet connection is bad, not horrible, but bad sometimes and this game runs the smoothest for me. Thus is the only game I play online.

Do I lag? yes, but its expected with stupid Clear service.

Azuran

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but why are the handguns more effective than the rifles online? I started playing this online 2 weeks ago so I'm still pretty new, but I noticed I'm doing a lot better when I stopped using the AK and switch to the 92FS for my main weapon. There's just something satisfying about shooting someone and then punching them in the face for a quick kill. I also tend to get more headshots with it.

I also noticed I tend to kill a lot of high raking players in "pistol and grenade" matches. I guess having no power weapons makes them easy prey or something.

Greyvvolf

rVSzjl.jpg

FunkyPajamas said:
Kind of romantic. I like it. It tells a story.
I hate to be the one to ruin the "mood" of your comment, but to me, it looks like she is giving that skeleton a handjob. :lol

Admit it. You thought the same thing too.

Greyvvolf said:
http://i.imgur.com/rVSzjl.jpg

I hate to be the one to ruin the "mood" of your comment, but to me, it looks like she is giving that skeleton a handjob. :lol

Admit it. You thought the same thing too.
Honestly, I didn't. I saw that there were some older bones beneath her, so I thought of generations and generations of couples staying together forever on the same spot. She's just died but he's been dead for a while, but before, when he was recently deceased, there was another woman by his side that had died a long time ago, and he was the one waiting by her side. Etc, etc.

But yeah, now I can't unsee the handjob, thank you so much :lol

Greyvvolf

FunkyPajamas said:
Honestly, I didn't. I saw that there were some older bones beneath her, so I thought of generations and generations of couples staying together forever on the same spot. She's just died but he's been dead for a while, but before, when he was recently deceased, there was another woman by his side that had died a long time ago, and he was the one waiting by her side. Etc, etc.

But yeah, now I can't unsee the handjob, thank you so much :lol
That's deep. I kinda feel like a weirdo now for just seeing Elena giving a skeleton a handjob in that picture. To be fair, the setting does look romantic, like the skeleton bought her flowers and set up candles before she gave him a handjob... a romantic handjob.

Wait... what are we talking about again? Oh yeah! Uncharted 2's multiplayer is broken! Fuck that shit!

Rikyfree

New labs for October.

October has a lot of meaning for us – it is the first month in a while to have three “The Lab” weekends AND the one year anniversary of the release of UNCHARTED 2. We’re looking forward to taking full advantage of what the month has to offer…

If you’re new to “The Lab,” welcome! “The Lab” is a special playlist we will be running for a limited time on designated weekends, roughly every other weekend. You can access “The Lab” playlist within the set of playlists found in Matchmaking in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a specialized playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

We’ll also be hosting a new thread for every event on the Naughty Dog community forums to get your feedback and thoughts on each one of our “The Lab” events.

“The Lab” episodes for October are:

October 1 - 4
3 vs 3 Plunder
More players is not always better… It’s been quite interesting to see how team tactics change (or don’t change) in previous episodes of “The Lab” as we reduce the number of players on each team. Plunder is one of those gametypes where things start to get really interesting when you have less teammates assert your domination over the maps. The tide can turn quickly and a lucky lone wolf can get the opening needed to take the treasure all the way to score – just like Devin Hester did against the Packers.

October 16
One Year Anniversary – Best of “The Lab”
As part of our one year anniversary celebration, we’re running a very special, one-day only playlist rotating through your favorite episodes of “The Lab” – as voted on through our NaughtyDog.com poll. We’re planning to have a grand assemblage of Dogs playing in this playlist throughout the day, along with a few more surprises we’ll reveal in the next two weeks. We’re also looking forward to hosting many new players to our online community, as the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition releases earlier this week.

October 29 – November 1
2 vs 2 Elimination
How do you make Elimination even more tactical? Reduce the maximum number of players on each team down to two. Teamwork, good communication and a sound strategy are absolutely necessary if you want to win rounds and matches.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_lab_october_2010_schedule/

Can't wait to play pistol plunder again. I really hope that's part of the anniversary.

You guys think the "few more surprises" have to do with Emily Rose going back in for more voice work?

What if it was the missing chapter they were detailing at PAX? That'd be pretty neat and I would definitely pay $9.99 for it.

I'd also take an update that included a photo capture mode for SP. They can remove the free camera function if they have to but damn I'd love to be able to pause the game and snap a photo.

OT: Have any of you been watching Haven? I'm not a fan of the writing nor most of the acting but my wife and I have gotten into the show because of the characters. I'm not familiar with the source material but I'm also interested in seeing if my original theory of the show is true (no spoilers please).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's two interesting Labs for me there. 3 vs. 3 Plunder (should be fun with my buddies) and all Lab playlist. I can't fucking wait to play Pistols only Plunder again. It's going to be glorious. That shit needs to stay on permanently and replace the current Plunder. Fuck your long range weapons, bitches. Pistols is where it's at.

Top Bottom