• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

crispyben

Rewrite said:
I don't think you'll lose your progress. Just start any chapter and beat it on Crushing. As for your unlockables, remember...the weapon unlockables (infinite ammo, certain weapons) won't be available to choose until you beat that chapter in Crushing.
Thanks, do you know exactly which menus I should use? Sorry, had a bad experience with UC1...

Levi

Banned
My turtle beach is broken, so the few times I've jumped into MP the last few weeks were not very fun. :/ I'm off on a business trip to Texas next week, but after that I'm going to replace the stupid expensive POS and gorge on some UC2 online mp.

Yeef

Number 9. Number 9. Number 9.

Barring any major changes and/or new DLC (skins no withstanding) I think I'm more or less done with Uncharted 2.

Wowbagger

crispyben said:
Thanks, do you know exactly which menus I should use? Sorry, had a bad experience with UC1...

I dug up this ancient post of mine (quoted below). Not sure if the issue it mentions still exists, but since I noticed such a silly little bug, I'm sure I would've noticed a bigger issue, like losing my unlockables or whatnot. So I think you should be safe, whatever method you use to start a new game.

You could always backup your save file to another account or USB stick first, to be 100% safe.

Oh, and good luck with the Crushing playthrough! It's much easier than U1, except for that damn train boss.

If you're anal about stats, you should start new games using Play (with difficulty set under Options) or Chapter menu. If you select New Game, the following three stats will be reset:

* Most enemies defeated in a streak without failing
* Checkpoints failed or restarted
* Shoulder switches while aiming

d0c_zaius

Has anyone had an issue with the Kneel before Z... trophy?

I was 4 out of 5 and got a Put Em Down medal and got no trophy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
oldschoolpinball said:
I just started playing this game but good god is this game beautiful in motion

Yeah i was replaying it last night and man the game still looks awesome. I wish I could use the DLC skins in the main game.

raviolico

oldschoolpinball said:
I just started playing this game but good god is this game beautiful in motion

wait till you see the later levels. the game is an absolute stunner for sure.
and i loved those cinematic moments.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
“The Lab” starts up again in the first weekend of September – that’s next week, along with Labor Day and PAX Prime – and we hope you’ll join us.

If you’re new to “The Lab,” welcome! “The Lab” is a special playlist we will be running for a limited time on designated weekends, roughly every other weekend. You can access “The Lab” playlist within the set of playlists found in Matchmaking in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a specialized playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

We’ll also be hosting a new thread for every event on the Naughty Dog community forums to get your feedback and thoughts on each one of our “The Lab” events.

“The Lab” episodes for September are:

September 3 - 7
3 vs 3 Deathmatch
We’ve dropped two of everything for all matches in this Deathmatch variation – you’ll have two less teammates and two less Boosters to aid in your domination of the opposing team.

September 17 - 20
Desert - 5 Shootout
In this episode of “The Lab,” you’ve only got your trusty eight-shooter, the Desert - 5, to rely on against your opponents.

meh. these labs should each be a week long.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can go without the 3 vs. 3, but the other one sounds fucking badass.

I agree with alr1ghtstart that these Labs should last a week long. Some of them were REALLY fun like the Pistols only Plunder matches and I was so sad that it only lasted like two days. :(

d0c_zaius said:
Has anyone had an issue with the Kneel before Z... trophy?

I was 4 out of 5 and got a Put Em Down medal and got no trophy.
Nope. Maybe try getting another Pull 'Em Down to see if it registers?

Just jumped back into this game online after a long while away.

Why does it say "We noticed you don't have a DLC map pack. Would you like to go to the Playstation Store now?" every time I boot up multiplayer?

I do indeed have a map pack too (Siege dlc). It's annoying.

gibration

criesofthepast said:
Just jumped back into this game online after a long while away.

Why does it say "We noticed you don't have a DLC map pack. Would you like to go to the Playstation Store now?" every time I boot up multiplayer?

I do indeed have a map pack too (Siege dlc). It's annoying.
There's two map packs.

I should really play this game again. I even bought the DLC and never played it :lol

Does GAF still get together and play this?

Kittonwy

Banned
GGs Bleach and Falthier, we owned dem tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

Danneee

Recently bought a PS3 and this fantastic game and now I'm thinking about buying the first too but is it worth it or will the mechanics (and graphics) feel clumsy next to the sequel?

edbrat

Danneee said:
Recently bought a PS3 and this fantastic game and now I'm thinking about buying the first too but is it worth it or will the mechanics (and graphics) feel clumsy next to the sequel?

obviously ymmv but I replayed the first after I completed UC2 for the first time and still loved it. Graphics and mechanics felt fine to me, UC2 doesn't change them so much as build on them. Also given how cheap it must be now UC1 is excellent value as well!

Danneee said:

You will not be disappointed with the purchase. You may even find some things to be better than the sequel. Also, there's a bit more gameplay variety with the inclusion of the jet ski segments which some hate, some enjoy. They're not gamebreaking though so even if it's not for you, you're not in them for long.

To me, it's story is a must as it introduces you to the wonderful cast and EDDY RAJA!

Kittonwy

Banned
Danneee said:

Uncharted controls aren't going to feel too different and still feel better than just about any other third-person shooter out there.
Indifferent2.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Kittonwy said:
Uncharted controls aren't going to feel too different and still feel better than just about any other third-person shooter out there.
Indifferent2.gif
The only thing I hated when I went back to Uncharted DF were the grenades.

Danneee said:

I played the first one first and then the second one and didn't feel any changes. After that I played the first one again and it all felt a bit less smooth. Nothing to worry about though. Graphic wise it's also all a bit less but all just a bit. Still looks really good.

You will hate throwing grenades though. That just sucks in DF.

Kittonwy

Banned
criesofthepast said:
What game types do you guys usually play and how can I get in on it?

I've been playing online like mad the past few days.

Mostly deathmatch and if we have at least 4, plunder.
Indifferent2.gif

GGs last night, Kitton. Too bad I kept playing shit. Maybe I peaked already and am on my steady decline. ;_; If so, that would suck, since I never was any good to begin with.

Some of the opponents last night were obnoxious. >_<

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I always consider getting back into this, definitely my favorite game of this generation. The constant changes really got me out of the game a bit, but I definitely adapted to it. Something didn't feel quite the same afterwards though. Still can't wait for 3.

MiamiWesker said:
I would love to play with you guys but I got a broken PS3 so that ain't happening any time soon.
Sell your body on the streets to get it fixed. I have a couple red thongs you can borrow. :p

msdstc said:
I always consider getting back into this, definitely my favorite game of this generation. The constant changes really got me out of the game a bit, but I definitely adapted to it. Something didn't feel quite the same afterwards though. Still can't wait for 3.

For moi, it was grenades/health changes. That changed it for me, and less people. And $2 kills for Plunder.

I basically put everything else on backlog to keep playing this until the changes.

The glitchers and shit I can deal with, but after 1.05, I play every now and then; that's it. I'm pumped for 3 too, so I don't expect anymore--the support has been stellar, so I'm not complaining about anything.

Might play some Plunder this week depending on how good Singularity is.

crispyben

So, I'm up to Draza on my Crushing/Treasures run, any tips for the motherfucker? I try to unload my M4 into him, run to the center of the car to melee him, then run past him, rinse and repeat until his helmet comes off, then the big brawl, but that's easier said than done :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
Gotta get back to playing online again. I got the Siege Pack from the Subway promotion. My PS3 has been offline since the middle of July.

I hope to get it back online in less than a month. I just need a reliable internet connection that has no data transfer cap.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
crispyben said:
So, I'm up to Draza on my Crushing/Treasures run, any tips for the motherfucker? I try to unload my M4 into him, run to the center of the car to melee him, then run past him, rinse and repeat until his helmet comes off, then the big brawl, but that's easier said than done :lol
Just remember the melee combination and you'll be set to go. Also, take cover.

Kind of a shot in the dark here, but I wonder if anyone scored one of those sweet signed/numbered artbooks. If so, can you please post some pics. Thanks.

Darkatomz

VSrobot had some pics in the last thread towards one of the last pages, I don't know if the pics are still hosted though.

aristotle

MortalMonkey said:
Kind of a shot in the dark here, but I wonder if anyone scored one of those sweet signed/numbered artbooks. If so, can you please post some pics. Thanks.

Weren't there photos on ballistic's website? I scored one of the "cheaper" versions. Money well spent.

Does anyone know what happened to m0dus's theme for UC2? I really wanted that. :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey, Naughty Dog:

I don't know if this has never been addressed before, but it's really bothering me. In co-op arena games, if one of my team mates is down and I have to revive them (let's pretend it's only 2 people playing) and I manage to successfully revive my team mate, but I end up dying in the process, the game will treat it like the two of us died and the round will end. Why is that? I'm not sure if I made myself 100% clear on explaining this, but it's kind of annoying especially when our multiplier is 10 and we have to start from 1 because of something that shouldn't happen. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Another double cash weekend starts tomorrow!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/reminder_the_lab_3_vs_3_deathmatch_and_double_cash/

“The Lab” is open from Friday, September 3, at 10:00 AM PDT through Tuesday, September 7, at 10:00 AM PDT

This episode of “The Lab” features 3 vs 3 Deathmatch games. Team sizes are limited to only three players, allowing each team ample room to execute new strategies in the selected medium size maps which were not possible with larger team sizes. You’ll have a significant advantage over a less organized opponent if your team manages to stick together as much as possible in this episode of “The Lab.”

The conditions to win a match have also been adjusted for the smaller team size – there is a 20 minute time limit and 25 kills by one team will end the match. We have also disabled boosters for all matches in this playlist.

* The Sanctuary
* The Train Wreck
* The Temple

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Omg YES. Double Cash baby! I'm ALL over this. It's been long due if you ask me! ;D

Top Bottom