• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Spoilers Thread

tch

Can't believe Nate isn't really Francis Drake's descendant.... Despite some amazing moments, I feel that 2 is a little more cohesive than 3. Also, I grew frustrated more often in 3 in the combat. Even on normal, sometimes I'd just get shredded right at the first moment of an encounter.

The Lamp said:
When the hell did he marry Elena?

Between 2 and 3. The implication is that they got married, but Nate's obsession began to consume him, so they split. They've been split up for a while, but once all this business with Marlowe and Sir Francis has been finished, they're getting back together.

catabarez

The Lamp said:
OHHH that's what the brass vessel was. The Djinn. I totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

I feel like I'm missing something though. What was that ring at the end of the game? Was it the real Drake ring or something? o_o

It was his wedding ring.

do we know its a wedding and not engagement ring? Given the 2 games with the characters, I can see them getting engaged, but not married.

The Lamp

tch said:
Can't believe Nate isn't really Francis Drake's descendant.... Despite some amazing moments, I feel that 2 is a little more cohesive than 3. Also, I grew frustrated more often in 3 in the combat. Even on normal, sometimes I'd just get shredded right at the first moment of an encounter.

Agreed. 2 had way more attention to its parts as a whole than 3 did, I think.

Ohhhh I understand the marriage thing now. I guess it was too subtle for me to catch on to. Odd.

Chloe's really the odd factor in this situation now, then. I still think her character was a waste in U3. She wasn't nearly as charming as before.

brianmcdoogle said:
do we know its a wedding and not engagement ring? Given the 2 games with the characters, I can see them getting engaged, but not married.

Well, considering both Elena and Drake wear one, I'm assuming wedding ring, not engagement.

catabarez

brianmcdoogle said:

Guys don't generally wear engagement rings :p

LiK

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Between 2 and 3. The implication is that they got married, but Nate's obsession began to consume him, so they split. They've been split up for a while, but once all this business with Marlowe and Sir Francis has been finished, they're getting back together.

i loved how subtle that was. really well done.

Shows what I know about weddings then. lol.

As a result, you'd think there'd be a little more hostility (OR FREAKING CHEMISTRY) between them in this third game.

sigh.

The Lamp

brianmcdoogle said:

As a result, you'd think there'd be a little more hostility (OR FREAKING CHEMISTRY) between them in this third game.

sigh.

Yeah the chemistry between characters (except for Nate/Sully/Marlowe...kind of) was really held back.

The chemistry between Chloe and Nate in the first half of U2 and then Elena and Nate in the second half was powerful, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in video games.

stupei

The Lamp said:
When the hell did he marry Elena?

And if they're married, why are they on opposite sides of the world until Drake decides to suddenly go look for trouble?

Are they like....split up until Drake decides that Elena's worth more than his treasure hunting, but not officially divorced, sort of thing?

Remember that they keep saying something is "useful" somewhere like this and that's why Elena is wearing it?

They're referring to her choosing to still wear the wedding ring. She says it's just there to keep strange men away but Nate implies it's something more. We know it probably is -- that she doesn't want to let go.

It's actually not made explicit whether or not they've divorced or are merely separated but it's obvious that they reconcile at the end so the specifics don't really matter.

Luthos

brianmcdoogle said:

sigh.
Maybe. Sully is awesome and all, but I think I generally prefered the Nate/Elena relationship stuff we got in UC2 over the Nate/Sully stuff we got in UC3.

But I did really like the scene where Drake came back to Elena's place after the ship segment. Loved that bit.

Lightning

Banned
brianmcdoogle said:

sigh.
You could tell the anger in Elena's voice everytime she spoke to Drake in Chapters 10/11, especially when Sully wasn't listening, but then Nate got captured and before he returned Sully got captured so they moved passed it. The moments we got with them though to me were VERY well done. You could tell that Elena is terrified that Nate's obsession is going to get either himself or Sully killed or both.

I would have liked more attention paid to Elena and Drake though but I am happy with what we got. You got the idea on what was pissing Elena off and Drake slowly but surely did take heed of her words.

Maybe my memory of U2 is a bit hazy (haven't played it this year) but didn't the whole "obsession vs love" aspect get dealt with in that game? Didn't he choose, but choosing Elena over Chole and saving Elena over revealing the treasure show that Drake cares more about Elena than adventure? That's the main reason why I liked U2 so much. The relationship dynamic, between the old "traditional" girl vs the "adventurous" sexy girl showed the choice that Drake had in his adventures/game. That felt resolved at the end of U2 (him choosing Elena and that way of life) and suddenly it is undone in U3. If that was to be undone in U3 as it was, then the aspect of the story relating to his childhood and his meeting with Scully needed to be reinforced. Yes, he still wants to settle down, choose a docile life, with Elena, but he has to finish this unclosed chapter of his life from 20 years ago. If he's to continue having an obsession, then, from my memory, that kind of negates the character development in Uncharted 2.

Tiktaalik

The marriage thing was too vague. At the end of the game I was second guessing myself and thinking, "Wait was that a wedding ring? We're they married?" and only partially sure. Thinking back on it they vaguely hinted toward it at Elena's apartment but again too vague for me, and they moved things along so quick that I had no idea what Drake was talking about when he referenced that she was "still wearing it." As they panned near her arm I actually thought, "What her wrist band? Was there something special about this that I've forgotten about from Uncharted 2?" lol

jax (old)

Banned
eLGee said:
I think it really strengthens the idea of Sully's loyalty for Drake.

this pretty much was the father son story imo. Sully pretty much confirms at the end when he says something about not being a father. I thought the ending in that respect was kind of lovely. There is a bond between the 2... too bad the story had all this histrionics in between (sully is captured, sully is captured on a convoy, sully is shot, sully is drowning) that I think diminished the value of it. They should have really left sully out for a bit or showed him being tortured if they wanted to get us to empathise.

I agree that marlowe is a weak villianese. Just didn't do/say enough. Talbot was better but still not as good as lazarveich in 2. The 2nd game's villian had no qualms about shooting the guy in the head.

mentioned in the other thread but I think the sully/nate story came to the forefront because everyone was complaining about too little sully in 2. yeah, they implied the marriage when they introduced elena but they didn't take it further as to why they moved apart.

I know this is the arabic game/sand sand sand - and it looked amazing. Me? Too little organic trees + forests. And too few pristine vistas + water areas (like in 2). I missed it greatly.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
catabarez said:
Guys don't generally wear engagement rings :p

Actually, that depends on where you're from. Me and my wife wore engagement rings of white gold, looking slightly like Drake's wedding ring. Some couples decide to keep them after getting married as wedding rings, while others switch them for some other ones. We did the latter.

After the initial dissapointment of the story's ending has worn off, I've had the time to reflect a little on it, and it's much clearer to me what they tried to do, to SOME success. It's all about the journey and the continuing question wether it's worth it or not, and it's obvious it's more about Drake and his "family" than it is about the villainous duo Marlowe and Talbot. The whole game is a story about the relationships between them, that Drake is so obsessed with his theories and treasure hunting and doesn't think twice of putting the few friends he has in danger. But moreso, the biggest plot point seems to be the relationship between Drake and Sully, and I think devoting a whole chapter to how they met proves that. You don't make a whole chapter if it's not hugely important to the story. If it was just about how he got the ring and why he needed the decipherer, they could just as easily have told that without the whole Drake/Sully relationship plotpoint.
In short, I think the deception in Drake's Deception is how Drake is continually decieving himself with the priorities, and the amount of ridiculous situations Drake gets into emphasises how deep this deception goes.

I also can't help but feel that this game is somewhat of a turning point. If Naughty Dog had decided to never make another Uncharted game, this game would'be been a fitting end to the trilogy, as it was kind of implied that Drake would settle down and decided to never go treasure hunting again. I feel that with this game, Naughty Dog hinted that the next Uncharted will have a completely different approach to the story. Drake won't suddenly decide to go on a treasure hunt again, so he will probably be involintarily pulled into it. As Al Pacino said it "When I finally think I'm out, they pull me right back in!", or something like that.

In the end, I think the pacing was a bit off. I don't mind slow stars and all that, but it would be nice if the puzzles and platforming (especially the puzzles) was a bit more spread out. That said, I can't wait to play through the game again and start looking for all the treasures.

Drake's deception can also refer to Francis Drake lying to the Queen and attempting to cover up his tracks.

I loved the story here. Although, I don't know how I would rank it against U2 because both are well done in their respective subjects/plot. This time around, I thought it was very cool to see the dynamic between Sully and Nate. To finally see what makes Drake tick and its interesting how both of them indulge each other into these adventures. And the kicker that the real reason Sully helped Nate in Columbia was because he sort of wanted a child. Good to see Sully as such a bold character.

BTW, did they ever explain Marlowe's motive in retrieving the Djinn? I thought that was amusing that there wasn't a "villian unravels own plot" scene.

RDreamer

Tiktaalik said:
The marriage thing was too vague. At the end of the game I was second guessing myself and thinking, "Wait was that a wedding ring? We're they married?" and only partially sure. Thinking back on it they vaguely hinted toward it at Elena's apartment but again too vague for me, and they moved things along so quick that I had no idea what Drake was talking about when he referenced that she was "still wearing it." As they panned near her arm I actually thought, "What her wrist band? Was there something special about this that I've forgotten about from Uncharted 2?" lol

Jesus dude, seriously? This is why story in games is so shit. Not only do most crappy writers beat us over the head with obvious information, gamers apparently need it in order to understand what's going on.

Honestly, the relationship between Elena and Drake in this game was a huge step forward in writing (and acting) for games. With so few words it managed to be so powerful and say so much about what happened.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
RDreamer said:
Jesus dude, seriously? This is why story in games is so shit. Not only do most crappy writers beat us over the head with obvious information, gamers apparently need it in order to understand what's going on.

Honestly, the relationship between Elena and Drake in this game was a huge step forward in writing (and acting) for games. With so few words it managed to be so powerful and say so much about what happened.
I like how it was done with a bit of subtlety, without spelling out everything. The game was perhaps a bit too subtle with other details (like the tarot cards), but the ring and the overall relationship status between Drake and Elena didn't need any more exposition in my opinion.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Drake's deception can also refer to Francis Drake lying to the Queen and attempting to cover up his tracks.
I can count at least three different deceptions here:
- Francis Drake deceiving the Queen about the Iram
- Nate deceiving about his heritage (and deceiving the villains at every turn)
- the game deceiving the player by subverting expectations at every turn

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
BTW, did they ever explain Marlowe's motive in retrieving the Djinn? I thought that was amusing that there wasn't a "villian unravels own plot" scene.

That really annoys me too, we have no idea what exactly all of it for. Did she just want to drug people to rule the world? Because that sounds incredibly stupid.

There is way too much of the story left open that they have to pick some of it up for Uncharted 4.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Both Marlowe and Talbot were seriously underdeveloped and needed more screen time to be fleshed out. The monologues while Drake was tripping balls/stranded in the desert didn't really help.

Pranay

Drake : we have been trying to reach you over 24 hours

Charlie : ohh yeah i need to top up m minutes

Drake : you are using a PREPAID phone !!!!! @_@

:lol

I had a great time playing the game (except the pirate shootout with the gatling guns and the drugged out fire demons with no cover) but now that I've had time to reflect the story was really bad. Plot holes all over the place, story-lines that go nowhere, pirates for no reason, the spiders, how forgettable Marlowe is, everything about Talbot.

It's really a testament to how likable the characters are and how well done the voice acting is that you can get so swept up in the game despite all of that.

Jocchan said:
I can count at least three different deceptions here:
- Francis Drake deceiving the Queen about the Iram
- Nate deceiving about his heritage (and deceiving the villains at every turn)
- the game deceiving the player by subverting expectations at every turn

This is the main deception, as it's the primary story of the adventure.

The others are important but not the main thrust of the story, you could say they're part of the deception theme but not directly the cause for the subtitle.

Phenomic

I haven't touched any of the final version of the mulitplayer yet because I borrowed my brothers console just to play the single player.

Is Cutter part of the Heroes or the Villians in the final game?

sTeLioSco

Banned
Nice game,with a patch for changing aiming and motion blur even better...

simple things that i would prefer were different:
-1 or 2 less "big guy" fist fights.especially the one in the "well" .......... (didn't fit at all there cause it was a complete gunfight.)
-no spiders in france (or explain better)
-tarot card (just cut)
-better explained how talbot doesn't get hit by bullets
-pirate situation explained just a bit more to fit the sequence better and after that,how you get ashore to the town.(a boat finding you in a 5seconds cut scene would be enough....)

UrbanRats

Sn4ke_911 said:
LOL! One of the most polished games ever made.
Lol no.
I've encuntered many bugs (even compared to U2), including two crashes (had to restart the console) and huge framrate drops, in certain spots and plenty of "character stuck in the environment".
Anyway, great ride, the ending did felt rushed and anticlimatic overall (jump in water, cinematic in which drake shoots at the crane-- done with the Djinn and Marlowe), if anything, from a gameplay prespective; but i liked the absence of any Lazarovich crap.

Why the fuck doesn't they show us what happend to Charlie and Chloe though? C'mon, ND.. I always hate the ending parts of the Uncharteds, it's like they get bored or something.

Jocchan said:
Both Marlowe and Talbot were seriously underdeveloped and needed more screen time to be fleshed out. The monologues while Drake was tripping balls/stranded in the desert didn't really help.
I also agree with this very much.
Too bad because they had far more potential than the generic baddies of previous games.

RDreamer said:

I agree, but i understand his point.
The game is so obvious with almost everything, that you're not expecting this level of subtlety, which is good in and out of itself, but can be confusing exactly because you're expecting the game to spell everything out, like it usually does.
At least this was my experience.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Disappointed. As always its a pleasure playing through an Uncharted game for it's beauty and character interaction.

The combat is always the low point of Uncharted for me and in 3 it was even worse. The aiming is off slightly (Its been covered many many times), feel of enemies just being spawn spammed sometimes, grenade spam, melee fights being repititious and of course the battling the demons which is by far I think one of the worst parts in Uncharted 3. Once I stumbled across the sniper rifle and sniper pistol it was easy. Still a terrible fight though!

Pirate filler section was poorly thought out but I really enjoyed the cruise ship level.

Plot was extremely thin but really enjoyed playing as young Drake and seeing his beginnings. After finishing the game I was just left meh - yeah thats the word I will use.

MEH - Average conclusion with nothing really gained from completing this journey with Drake.

UrbanRats

How is people hating on the shipyard cemetery? I thought it was awesome, visually and gameplay-wise (the part where you can dive underwater to avoid enemy fire).

sTeLioSco

Banned
UrbanRats said:
How is people hating on the shipyard cemetery? I thought it was awesome, visually and gameplay-wise (the part where you can dive underwater to avoid enemy fire).

gameplay wise it was a highlight for me.....

SnipeyMcGee

Spiffy_1st said:
That really annoys me too, we have no idea what exactly all of it for. Did she just want to drug people to rule the world? Because that sounds incredibly stupid.

There is way too much of the story left open that they have to pick some of it up for Uncharted 4.

I think like with the Golden Man's casket from Uncharted 1, the thing inside that bottle is very real and very dangerous. It's not a drug or something inside, it's very likely it's an actual Djinn- and that is what Marlowe is really after. The power you would could wield if you were to make a deal with the thing inside. There's always a supernatural edge to the Uncharted stories.

SnipeyMcGee

Monarch said:
So why nate ran after Talbot after being drugged ? I don't remember the motive ...

In Yemen or in Iram? In Yemen it's because they said that they had Sully and would put the pressure on him if they needed to- and Talbot is an asshole who needed a serious punch in the teeth- plus he needed to be going in the opposite direction of the police so it worked out for him in that moment.

Defuser

I'm disappointed that ND decide to drop Cutter and Chole in the latter half of the game.Cutter look so interested and into the finding out about francis drake's mission only to get a broken leg and disappeared for the rest of the game. They could at least have him showed up at the ending of UC3 or something.

SnipeyMcGee

I agree. For someone who seems to really want to see things through he really did wuss out with the whole leg thing. Not like I wouldn't be in bed, leg in a brace playing video games for a few weeks if it happened to me-- but I also don't zip around the world dodging rockets in search of treasure either. Chloe backing out, okay, I can see that- not everyone's going to be with Drake for every mission. But it's weird that the bus was Cutter's final scene.

Defuser said:
I'm disappointed that ND decide to drop Cutter and Chole in the latter half of the game.Cutter look so interested and into the finding out about francis drake's mission only to get a broken leg and disappeared for the rest of the game. They could at least have him showed up at the ending of UC3 or something.

Someone mentioned that Cutter's role was reduced because his actor (Graham McTavish) had to film The Hobbit. Emily's role in Haven was apparently the reason for Elena's reduced role in the game.

RDreamer

SnipeyMcGee said:
I think like with the Golden Man's casket from Uncharted 1, the thing inside that bottle is very real and very dangerous. It's not a drug or something inside, it's very likely it's an actual Djinn- and that is what Marlowe is really after. The power you would could wield if you were to make a deal with the thing inside. There's always a supernatural edge to the Uncharted stories.

Yeah, I think this is exactly the idea you were supposed to get. The game showed you that the cult Marlowe is part of is very much into the occult and supernatural, even as far back as with John Dee.

And, yeah you saw the results of letting the villain get to the thing in the last two games. It was always some huge supernatural thing that sucked and could be used for a great deal of power. If that thing could poison the entire water supply while inside that container, just think of what sort of power it could give outside of it. I really like that this game never actually shows it, and you do actually prevent it from getting out.

Defuser

RDreamer said:
Yeah, I think this is exactly the idea you were supposed to get. The game showed you that the cult Marlowe is part of is very much into the occult and supernatural, even as far back as with John Dee.

And, yeah you saw the results of letting the villain get to the thing in the last two games. It was always some huge supernatural thing that sucked and could be used for a great deal of power. If that thing could poison the entire water supply while inside that container, just think of what sort of power it could give outside of it. I really like that this game never actually shows it, and you do actually prevent it from getting out.
Come to think of it,this is like Batman Begins plot but with the start and the middle been replaced.

Sn4ke_911 said:
LOL! One of the most polished games ever made.

I have a video of Drake getting stuck in a wall. I couldn't leave and when I jumped, he started hanging on to an invisible wall. I even saw two enemies frozen in a different section while I was hanging. It's the part where your friend Charlie ( I think that's his name ) starts to fight you and he punched me through the wall.

test_account

XP-39C²
test_account said:
I see. Personally i didnt notice anything of this. Maybe some of it was there, but i didnt notice it :) Not what i can remember at least. I know about the aiming, but i'm not sure that this is a bug. But it is something that i got used to. Beating the game on crushing was not THAT hard i think, and i didnt feel hindered by the aiming.
Yesterday i got my first bug =) When aiming down sight (with L1), then the aim circle was gone. It just suddently dissapeared while playing coop online. I also tried competitive online after and the bug was still there. I didnt try single player to see if it was there as well. I restarted the PS3 and it fixed the problem.

Or come to think of it, i did actually notice one bug in single player as well. When swimming in the shipwreck dock, then it was like some textures in the water didnt activated when i was under water. The water was darker than usual. But overall it has been a very much bug free game for me :)

FantasticMrFoxdie said:

I loved the story here. Although, I don't know how I would rank it against U2 because both are well done in their respective subjects/plot. This time around, I thought it was very cool to see the dynamic between Sully and Nate. To finally see what makes Drake tick and its interesting how both of them indulge each other into these adventures. And the kicker that the real reason Sully helped Nate in Columbia was because he sort of wanted a child. Good to see Sully as such a bold character.

Well, Marlowe and co. rule their enemies through fear and deception, and that Djinn was probably the ultimate agent of fear. That's why they wanted it, as a weapon to control their enemies. Now, whether it's an actual Djinn in there that's infected the water through its evil nature, or simply some sort of chemical, that's up to the player, though I like to think of it as an actual Djinn.

Count me in as someone who wished they would have added Chloe and Cutter in that final scene, but it's okay as it is. The bits between Nate, Sully, and Elena were really well done.

Trick_GSF

Banned
I was upset Cutter didn't reappear for a scene at the end, etc. He was one of my favorite things about Uncharted 3. Great character.

The ship graveyard was maybe the highlight of the game for me. When the storm starts blowing in my mind was blown.

This game was rushed and it is painfully obvious. I don't know if Sony can be blamed because they absolutely needed a big holiday title and a delay would have placed Uncharted 3 after Modern Warfare and Skyrim. The game was rushed and that's why so many things were omitted like the character skin swaps, infinite ammo, visual filters, cinema viewer, motion blur, etc.

I think that if Naughty Dog were given more time they would have included more flashbacks of young Drake and younger Sully. At first, I looked at my friend and I said, "Wow, this is going to be really cool. I hope that they sprinkle the game with these flashbacks." Unfortunately, they only did one. So not only would more flashbacks have added to character history and background, but it would have also added to the length of the game and fleshed relationships out more.

Amy Henning does not deserve the credit she receives. I thought that the story and script in this game was frankly really rough. What happened between Nate and Elena was too vague and I know at least several people that were outright confused. Chloe and Cutter disappearing midway through the game was also kind of a cop-out. I mean, how hard would it have been for Naughty Dog to craft a cut scene showing what happened between Nate and Elena? Or how hard would it have been to tie everything up by showing Cutter and Chloe talking with Nate?

So here are my complaints:

1) The removal of character skin swaps, infinite ammo, visual filters, cinema viewer, motion blur, etc. Hopefully this will be patched in at a later date.

2) MP character skins being on the disc day one and old ones at that.

3) I felt that Drake washing ashore was too coincidental and I absolutely hate coincidental writing. I don't care if it works in that universe or not.

4) Chloe and Cutter vanishing about midway through the game.

5) The game was too short by about two or three hours. This could have been remedied with more flashback sections.

6) Nate and Elena's past being completely vague.

7) Some of the franchise's trademark humor was sorely missing. There weren't many scenes with Drake being a smart ass because he had very limited interaction with both Chloe and Elena.

Other than that, I feel like it's a better game than Uncharted 2.

I'd also like to add that this franchise is in serious danger of accumulating too many characters. How will they fit Cutter, Chloe, Sully, Drake, Elena, etc. into the next game without at least a couple of those characters disappearing out of thin air like Uncharted 3? It's impossible. Someone has to die.

UrbanRats

ThisWreckage said:
The ship graveyard was maybe the highlight of the game for me. When the storm starts blowing in my mind was blown.

This game was rushed and it is painfully obvious. I don't know if Sony can be blamed because they absolutely needed a big holiday title and a delay would have placed Uncharted 3 after Modern Warfare and Skyrim. The game was rushed and that's why so many things were omitted like the character skin swaps, infinite ammo, visual filters, cinema viewer, motion blur, etc.

I think that if Naughty Dog were given more time they would have included more flashbacks of young Drake and younger Sully. At first, I looked at my friend and I said, "Wow, this is going to be really cool. I hope that they sprinkle the game with these flashbacks." Unfortunately, they only did one. So not only would more flashbacks have added to character history and background, but it would have also added to the length of the game and fleshed relationships out more.

Amy Henning does not deserve the credit she receives. I thought that the story and script in this game was frankly really rough. What happened between Nate and Elena was too vague and I know at least several people that were outright confused. Chloe and Cutter disappearing midway through the game was also kind of a cop-out. I mean, how hard would it have been for Naughty Dog to craft a cut scene showing what happened between Nate and Elena? Or how hard would it have been to tie everything up by showing Cutter and Chloe talking with Nate?

So here are my complaints:

1) The removal of character skin swaps, infinite ammo, visual filters, cinema viewer, motion blur, etc. Hopefully this will be patched in at a later date.

2) MP character skins being on the disc day one and old ones at that.

3) I felt that Drake washing ashore was too coincidental and I absolutely hate coincidental writing. I don't care if it works in that universe or not.

4) Chloe and Cutter vanishing about midway through the game.

5) The game was too short by about two or three hours. This could have been remedied with more flashback sections.

6) Nate and Elena's past being completely vague.

7) Some of the franchise's trademark humor was sorely missing. There weren't many scenes with Drake being a smart ass because he had very limited interaction with both Chloe and Elena.

Other than that, I feel like it's a better game than Uncharted 2.

I'd also like to add that this franchise is in serious danger of accumulating too many characters. How will they fit Cutter, Chloe, Sully, Drake, Elena, etc. into the next game without at least a couple of those characters disappearing out of thin air like Uncharted 3? It's impossible. Someone has to die.
Kinda agree with you.
Add in the sluggish gunplay (i seriously hate it, the one in Uncharted 2 was one of my favorites ever, dammit) and more bugs in general (though this might have been an unlucky playthrough).

One thing though: this time Drake is alone most of the time, which cuts from much of his smartassery, but adds to the drama and the tension, which i liked (this is a much darker chapter than the previous two) and it also allows for more crazy shit (plane part, ship part and so on).

DigiMish

Idk if this happened to anybody else, but in Yemen during the fistfight with the agents, my game didn't activate the next checkpoint. I had to restart the last checkpoint.

You know what's funny? Drake wears that badass bandolier throughout the final act and the only time he ever uses it is... to try and save Marlowe. That was literally it's only purpose (other than looking awesome).

Top Bottom