• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Rozart

I'll describe my hype with a life moment from today at the philly cheesesteak truck, i pulled out my phone and it flew out of my hand, i somehow snatched it out of the air, the young stoned food service employee was like, "whoa. dude. that was amazing." I gave him a smug shrug, "videogames." I explained. He said," Oh right, cool. What you playin?" I said "The waiting game for Uncharted, of course." "Uncharted? He questioned. "Never heard of it. I play COD mainly."

/hype

Should have tried to convert him to the cult of ND.

The Lamp

I can't wait for everyone to finally play it. I'm not as high on it as others, I still prefer 2, but the presentation, stir and graphics set new standards. And it has the best combat of the series. Excellent game.

Same but this is why I can't wait to jump into multiplayer tomorrow now that I've finished the campaign :)

I love the the Steel Book cover art 😍
5GBx58S.jpg

aravuus

Think I'm gonna play the game like I played Quantum Break: taking things slow and looking at fucking everything. There were tons and tons of texts and photos and neat details to see and read in QB's world and I absolutely loved going through every nook and cranny, hope the same is true here!

Started on moderate, might end up dropping it to easy at some point but we'll see

wapplew

Played 5 straight hours, had to stop because is 5am.
Real great so far, Sam look like real life person in cut scene under some lighting condition.

Think I'm gonna play the game like I played Quantum Break: taking things slow and looking at fucking everything. There were tons and tons of texts and photos and neat details to see and read in QB's world and I absolutely loved going through every nook and cranny, hope the same is true here!

Started on moderate, might end up dropping it to easy at some point but we'll see

Definitely true. If you love all the little environment details, you'll have an absolute blast here.

Best game I've ever played, I just finished. TLOU was my previous favorite. Yes, I think it's better than that.

The storytelling here is unmatched in the video game landscape. It's true that there is more of an adventure feel than an action one, but the adventure is what I love the most about these games and this final ride was worth the wait.

I know I'm buzzing and high off the game, but it's that good.

How long did it take to play through? (and at what difficulty did you play?)

Quotient

This is very normal. Don't worry. If you live close to one of their distribution centers, it may not even ship until after midnight. You'll still get it tomorrow.

I'm in Boston, i'm not sure if i am close to their distribution center, hopefully you are right.

EDIT: Just as i hit submit on the post i get a notification from amazon that it has shipped.

bitbydeath

Had a quick look at MP this morning.
Some of the taunt unlocks are amazing.

Managed to unlock googly eyes in one of the chests along with some outfits and also got Talbot.

Was hoping to get Eddy Raja though, next time!

Only played the tutorial which seemed quite improved from the beta.

Didn't play an actual match though as I have work :-(

kyser73

I had a 6am (Australia) start for work this morning and managed to get 3.5hrs sleep after starting the game at midnight.

It's *that* good.

Great OT too!

#teamdatass

Unknown?

Yay! This game passed The Division as best selling game of the year on Amazon! Currently the only thing ahead of it is the $20, $10, and $50 PSN cards. #1 best selling video game item currently.

ISee

Amazon package is on it's way. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to play this tomorrow.

My game is scheduled to be delivered 05/10 8pm by USPS.. So to translate it realistically its going to be here sometime 05/11

Great OT, terrible title. We can be a little more classy than that guys.

I too think the title can be better but that line was directly from this series.

105.Will

Is it necessary to play 3 before this? Never got around to it, and heard it's not as good as 2, which is a high standard but ya know.

Is it necessary to play 3 before this? Never got around to it, and heard it's not as good as 2, which is a high standard but ya know.

Not necessary but 3rd details a lot about Nate and Sully backstory. If you think you can play 4th withouth knowing much of that then its ok to skip 3rd. Great game btw. Worth your time. 2 set the expectations bar so high for the 3rd.

edit: or you can watch all its story cinematics in Youtube. 3rd got the best Elena-Drake moment too.

sorry to keep asking-- is the MP OT being planned? I can help create it once I get my hands on the game tomorrow.

Hopefully there is. I made a spreadsheet for PSN usernames for the multiplayer that's in the OP but I feel the MP might be big enough for its' own OT.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm going to be watching civil war in a couple of hours and I'll probably still be refreshing for my shipment notification, lol.

Septic360

Banned
Been playing it over the weekend. Loving it so far.

It is starting to get a bit samey atm though. The platforming is wearing a little thin at this stage.

But overall its a joy to play.

YyvLoIo.jpg

schaft0620

So best buy says my order is ready for pickup... is that right?!

You get a text when they receive the item in, they won't let you pick it up until tomorrow I already tried with the Ratchet & Clank because I got the same text as I did today.

Top Bottom