• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Wow. I actually got super damn sad. The final Uncharted is upon us. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the end with these characters.

These games really do mean something to. In 2009 I got the PS3 with Uncharted and played the fuck out of it loving every second. It was Christmas and we had a pair of grandparents over. They were fucking blown away xD and my grandmother actually really got into it and watched me play and finish through the incredible story.

In September of 2011 just a few days before Uncharted 3 my grandmother passed away. I was incredibly saddened and depressed for a couple of weeks. Then Uncharted 3 came out. Never have I been such an emotional wreck just to have something fix it. Who the hell thought it would've been a video game. Thank you Naughty Dog :'D

This one's for you Gramma!

JP

I turned it off immediately and the gunfights were amazing.

I've seen others complain that the game is too stealth-focused, but i think that's what the marking system does. It turns it into pseudo-metal-gear or far cry.

With tagging off you need to be careful and use spatial awareness - then when you are finally spotted, you don't know where the tangos are, so the scene turns into this amazing, intense improvised chase scene theough the level.

The island/forest multi-layer bit was mindblowing to play like this.

Recommend it that way.
Thanks, I'll leave it off. I can always change my mind if I need to.

SpecX

Did anyone that ordered the Libertalia edition from amazon after 9/1/15 get their order shipped? I contacted amazon support and my copy won't ship until tomorrow.

Ordered mine right on 9/1 and it's still showing as "Preparing to ship". I know I shouldn't worry as I've seen this with almost every release, but I'm getting antsy now.

Asd202

I've played for a few hours and I must say this easily best looking game on consoles ever made I mean holy shit it also plays very well so smooth and responsive.

Lima

Got the unlock notification 23 minutes ago while playing Uncharted 2 Remastered. I'm busy yo. Don't tease me.

i'm on such a blackout I'm not even looking at the OT, however I am looking for people to play mp with

Is there a spreadsheet or something?

santi_yo

Finally got a PS4, just for Uncharted 4. My favourite game saga since MGS. I'm going to enjoy this (last?) adventure with Nate, Sully and friends.

were there any difficulty related trophies in the hidden trophies? I noticed there was no trophy for brutal in the normal list. Dont want to go looking through a list of hidden trophies in fear of spoilers lol

also fuck amazon prime for not having free release date shipping for this + taxes :/

killing me

They do, you just have to reorder or talk with Amazon support since their system routinely gets Tuesday shipping messed up , I hate it since I'm prime too

Usually order X talk to them by Friday /Saturday

GeeDuhb

Anyone have experience pre-ordering games online with Walmart? If so, how long does it take them to ship? I pre-ordered about a year and a half ago when they had some price error or something, so I have the game pre-ordered with them for $43...nice price, but it would suck if I had to wait a week to get it. I have yet to see a change in status, so maybe they wont ship till tomorrow.

They do, you just have to reorder or talk with Amazon support since their system routinely gets Tuesday shipping messed up , I hate it since I'm prime too

Usually order X talk to them by Friday /Saturday

bah, oh well it's already almost tuesday and I'm not gonna be back until Wednesday anyway

I'll live going one extra day

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You said you've been getting your stuff from Texas lately. I wonder if our stuff will ship out at the same time lol

Possibly. I'm getting ready to head out and hopefully stop staring at Amazon for a few hours, lol.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Come on midnight....
nJx6aYj.jpg

Can someone explain the Gamestop pre-order bonus? I went through Amazon and I'm hoping Gamestop folks don't get a leg up in mp, is it only a one-time use thing or what?

Anyone playing the mobile game? What are the benefits of these unlocks in the game? I've never played multiplayer before in Uncharted.

Guys, I'm thinking I should buy 10,000 Uncharted points. Should I go for it?

CiCP7tAWUAAqIf4.jpg

Lol. And spend it on what? Do a video if you buy a bunch of treasure chests lol

How long does it take to unlock everything? Thought this game had no ranks/unlock system

Btw, this game has one use boosters now? What are they?

Played through the introductory chapter and the game certainly looks great and plays well enough, but boy is the 30 fps jarring coming from UC2 remaster and not having played any 30 fps titles in months. The amount of motion blurring is too much for my taste, and I can definitely feel the input lag. I actually really hope we'll eventually get a Neo update with 60 fps for this.

Played through the introductory chapter and the game certainly looks great and plays well enough, but boy is the 30 fps jarring coming from UC2 remaster and not having played any 30 fps titles in months. The amount of motion blurring is too much for my taste, and I can definitely feel the input lag. I actually really hope we'll eventually get a Neo update with 60 fps for this.

:(

Flandy

I don't get the hate for the title. It's both a reference to Uncharted 2 and it says we won't be seeing anymore Uncharted

Anyone have experience pre-ordering games online with Walmart? If so, how long does it take them to ship? I pre-ordered about a year and a half ago when they had some price error or something, so I have the game pre-ordered with them for $43...nice price, but it would suck if I had to wait a week to get it. I have yet to see a change in status, so maybe they wont ship till tomorrow.

I preordered Bravely Second CE from Walmart. It released on a Friday and I wasn't able to pick it up in Store until Tuesday

Ogni-XR21

A friend got a copy at a local retailer today and I got to watch the first 30 minutes. Didn't want to play myself yet and did not want to see any more while I wait for my copy to arrive.

Top Bottom