• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

____

Been playing it over the weekend. Loving it so far.

It is starting to get a bit samey atm though. The platforming is wearing a little thin at this stage.

But overall its a joy to play.

YyvLoIo.jpg

I got to a point where I was like "if I have to cliff jump to ONE more platform that crumbles under my weight...." but then that sequence kinda ended shortly afterwards.

This is probably very insignificant to most people, but this is the stuff that should be included in every game by default-

lXp7bHZ.jpg

I love these extras and ND always adds them to their games.

Motherfuckers my copy shipped. There's a small chance I might actually get the game tomorrow!!

Lol nice OT. We've had so many threads though that this one will barely have any posts.

SomTervo

Completed it over the weekend and played some multiplayer tonight.

Very, very good shit. Ask any questions you want.

Multiplayer seems excellent. Super tight stuff. Good gunplay and strategic movements can get you through most situations.

Replayed some of the encounters on Crushing after finishing. Just... Just crazy. So intense. So explosive.

JP

I'm sure that it's been in at least a dozen of the thousand or so Uncharted 4 threads but I'm going to ask anyway. For people who have already played it, can you turn off the enemy tagging thing and for people who have tried it both ways, are there any issues with leaving that off?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Really enjoying the campaign so far.

Improvements from original games that I've immediately noticed.

- VASTLY improved gunplay
- Slightly tightened up movement. Not as janky
- Level design so far feels more like the original. Not the funnels we were forced through in 2 and 3

As I said in the beta thread, I really like the multiplayer. It took Naughty Dog a looooong ass time to fix what was wrong with the series, but I'm glad they seem to have done so.

jwk94

So there's a MP glitch with the healing. When you're holding triangle on a downed ally, you won't actually start healing them sometimes, despite your character being in the animation.

The trials makes me even more excited for co-op. I wish we could've launched with some it but whatever.

SomTervo

I'm sure that it's been in at least a dozen of the thousand or so Uncharted 4 threads but I'm going to ask anyway. For people who have already played it, can you turn off the enemy tagging thing and for people who have tried it both ways, are there any issues with leaving that off?

I turned it off immediately and the gunfights were amazing.

I've seen others complain that the game is too stealth-focused, but i think that's what the marking system does. It turns it into pseudo-metal-gear or far cry.

With tagging off you need to be careful and use spatial awareness - then when you are finally spotted, you don't know where the tangos are, so the scene turns into this amazing, intense improvised chase scene theough the level.

The island/forest multi-layer bit was mindblowing to play like this.

Recommend it that way.

Thanks to the mobile app I already had enough Relics to buy like 50 vanity chests (not an exagerration) and was able to unlock every character already. If you have a commute and plan on playing the MP then it's a pretty lucrative way to get relics.
Challenges seem to be pretty good at handing out relics as well, but unfortunately you're only given 3 per day.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I turned it off immediately and the gunfights were amazing.

I've seen others complain that the game is too stealth-focused, but i think that's what the marking system does. It turns it into pseudo-metal-gear or far cry.

With tagging off you need to be careful and use spatial awareness - then when you are finally spotted, you don't know where the tangos are, so the scene turns into this amazing, intense improvised chase scene theough the level.

The island/forest multi-layer bit was mindblowing to play like this.

Recommend it that way.

Well that makes it an easy decision to turn it off....just like Listen Mode in TLoU.

Nielm

To anyone who has the game: How is the sound/soundmix of the game? I've heard a lot about the graphics, but not the sound. The Last of Us' audio was great, and even better in the remastered version.

Pejo

Gold Member
Just got notification that my Amazon order shipped. Feels good!

I also found a good deal online for the Nathan Drake Collection, but it's not going to get here until after UC4, oh well.

I've managed to avoid every spoiler so far other than (character spoiler)
Nate's brother being in the game
, can't wait to play this.

BraXzy

I'm still playing through UC3

Not going to be done in time for midnight. Hmm. I could always savour UC4 and start it tomorrow after a good rest.

B00TE

Awesome OT! Subbed.

My special edition is on its way, still scheduled for delivery by the end of tomorrow. Can't fuckin' wait, everything looks great.

v1lla21

You can upgrade your mysticals. For 2 extra LP, you can upgrade to 100% health. But this also costs like $100 or $150 more in-game.

I love the Cintimani Stone lol.
Yeah, it's great. net wrecker kept us alive during the beta the whole time using it. Pretty much won game for us. Lol.

Mikey Jr.

Beat the game yesterday.

You guys are gonna fucking love it.

Lives up to the hype. Best Uncharted in my opinion.

drew713

Did anyone that ordered the Libertalia edition from amazon after 9/1/15 get their order shipped? I contacted amazon support and my copy won't ship until tomorrow.

Top Bottom