• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 New Character Trailer: Nadine Ross (Laura Bailey)

Fupri

Banned
I don't imply racism, just that its stupid to make a black woman and then not have her voiced accurately. There's plenty of black females around looking for voice acting jobs. Why go with Laura bailey who could get anything in her sleep?
I guess they wanted her to sound Australian & not ghetto.

You can't expect a black person to voice act a black person. It's voice, nothing else. You people acting like a "black voice" is genetic or something.

I mean I like Laura Bailey as much as the next person but they really didn't have no black voice actresses huh
5I5s8.png

couldn't even spring for Merle "Alex Vance" Dandridge? She was in your last game did ya'll lose her number
fantasia2.png

I guess they wanted her to sound Australian & not ghetto.

fantasia2.png
fantasia2.png
fantasia2.png

zsynqx

I mean I like Laura Bailey as much as the next person but they really didn't have no black voice actresses huh
5I5s8.png

couldn't even spring for Merle "Alex Vance" Dandridge? She was in your last game did ya'll lose her number
fantasia2.png

fantasia2.png
fantasia2.png
fantasia2.png

Maybe she couldn't do an South African accent. I think Merle is still in it though as she was pictured doing mo cap.

Guys stop quoting that idiotic post.

aly

Neat trailer. But I feel like we already knew she was a character. Like she was in some art or something.

I don't imply racism, just that its stupid to make a black woman and then not have her voiced accurately. There's plenty of black females around looking for voice acting jobs. Why go with Laura bailey who could get anything in her sleep?

Come on bro, when Kratos is voiced by a black guy, I don't think it matters TOO much

Laura Bailey voicing a black woman...wut.

Why could you not get a black woman to voice her?
Yeah uh wtf.
Come on bro, when Kratos is voiced by a black guy, I don't think it matters TOO much
Kratos' skin is dyed and as an Ancient Greek he would probably have had very dark skin. Also giving minorities roles in an industry that they're under represented in is not really a crime compared to giving a non-minority a minority role.

Frozone

I need to see this without the vid compression.. it's awful.. even the better youtube link. Excellent cinematography though!

dmshaposv

The lip syncing looked wonky as hell. Very uncanny with those hyper realistic models.

I thoughy ND mastered facial motion capture with TLOU. What happened here? i just hope it is a delay with the stream.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
looking good and i see the thread already gone crazy .
It's a VA job you get the person that is the best fit for your character .

It isn't just a VA job though, it is an acting gig on top of that with all the motion capturing that happens.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

GOW isn't even trying to go for reality based greek interpretations.

Even if she is South Australian black and not African American, it could not have been too hard to find someone to accurately represent the role. Naughty Dog did decently well in this area for TLOU.

Top Bottom