• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Story Trailer

I'll repost the screens from the other thread

oYIDD2Q.png

1QaOlZ4.png

FUoY2Mw.png

ZFOMK00.png

GCuyYc3.png

fQ1kdzm.png

9843Ch6.png

zipjqLs.png

Sz7aeXS.png

qDTTYvC.png

81IINrS.png

Ascenion

Fuck yeah! That sweet sweet Nate's Theme......bless you Naughty Dog. But uh.....the tone of this trailer scares me.

I had to immediately go and check the framerate because it seemed too smooth. I thought "please don't tell me they pulled an Uncharted 3 and rendered the thing at 60 when the game is going to be 30). Well, the video file is in 60fps, but the actual content is still 30 (new frame every other frame). This is what locked 30 + good motion blurring can do.

Yup. For the life of me I can't understand why some people are against good motion blur. Uncharted 4 looks to be right up there with The Order: 1886 for 30fps smoothness.

We all remember the very first trailer and how lifelike that looked. It wouldnt surprise me if we were to compare that part with how it looks now, that it's the same. They actually managed to get it at that level.

IvorB

Wow that's an amazing trailer. Though does anyone else feel the flesh tones on the character models look slightly washed out?

thuway

I love the subtle hints of zoology and actual wilderness. We saw glimpses of animal-human interaction in the Last of Us, I'd love to see them expand on it. The environment is so lush- they just have to!

Rodin

Very good trailer, but tech-wise overall it falls in line with the best games already out so i'm not sure what people are seeing. Art is pretty good too, and better tech compared to what was possible on PS3 helps for sure in achieving what looks like the best art direction and overall look in the series so far. Acting was believable thanks to good voices that match the characters and great character models/animations. That nate theme 4.0 tease at the end was very good, can't wait to hear the whole thing.

If i have to say something negative about it, is about ND's ability in making stupid, unappealing and generic human villains. Nadine looks just as terrible as the ones in the previous games (and TLOU).

Man

Amazing. Just amazing.

Seems like there's actual open-world segments now. Boat wind-waker style and car-driving in safari land.

Portugeezer

xvubsy.gif

edit: beaten dammit

I thought this game was gonna run at 30 FPS. Do the cutscenes run at 60 or what? Confused as to why they would upload the trailer at 60 FPS

The trailer video is 60fps but the game isn't actually 30fps. You will notice it's not actually as smooth as 60fps.

Plum

I learnt my lesson with MGSV and Bloodborne, if I'm excited for something I know I'll buy I'm going to watch the minimum amount of trailers possible.

But damn, if it's a good as the reactions make it out to be I will be damn pleased when it comes out. Don't mess up now, ND (implying they could)

Top Bottom