• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

chubigans said:
uncharted2box.png
now i'm angry

Nakiro

I'm guessing there's a few misunderstood facts judging from that article, looking forward to more information that clears those up.

Then again it could be true, just not enough information at the moment, what's the deal with Navarro, will that be available as an unlockable in the final game?

Should bring all the characters back, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had a great cast.

arne

Nakiro said:
I'm guessing there's a few misunderstood facts judging from that article, looking forward to more information that clears those up.

Then again it could be true, just not enough information at the moment, what's the deal with Navarro, will that be available as an unlockable in the final game?

Should bring all the characters back, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune had a great cast.

the easy error is that it's only competitive multiplayer has parties of 5 in matchmaking and 10 in custom games, for up to 5 vs. 5 games. Co-op is 2-3 only.

It was really loud in there. :)

Nakiro

arne said:
the easy error is that it's only competitive multiplayer has parties of 5 in matchmaking and 10 in custom games, for up to 5 vs. 5 games. Co-op is 2-3 only.

It was really loud in there. :)
So, what exactly is the deal with Nevarro, or can you not talk about that yet?

Loudninja

Comic-Con 09: Uncharted 2’s Gold Rush Revealed
Unlike last year, there’s been a bit of space between E3 and Comic-Con this year, and that means: the games on hand have had a couple of months to be refined. That was acutely on display over at the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves area of the PlayStation booth. Naughty Dog unveiled a new co-op gameplay type, Gold Rush, but that was only part of the story. As a veteran of the Uncharted 2 beta, the visual and gameplay enhancements were evident as soon as I picked up the controller. Naughty Dog’s Arne Meyer explains Gold Rush, and (at the end) shows you why you need to drop by and play the demo at this Comic-Con if you can make it.

A vid is in the link guys
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/23/comic-con-09-uncharted-2-gold-rush-revealed/

Edit: :lol He gave a shout out to neogaf.

Loudninja

lastinline said:
The co-op mode in Uncharted 2 looks fun to play. I love how you have to bring the gold to the chest and also kill all the enemies in the area. Gold Rush is the perfect name for that match.

Yeah,I also like how each round gets harder.

Loudninja

Prezhulio said:
have they announced anything like horde mode/is there more multiplayer modes to come? goldrush seems pretty awesome though

Yep, they said there are several modes,so far we know:

Team deathmatch
Plunder
Regular Co-op
Gold Rush Co-op

gibration said:
Gold Rush mode looks awesome. It reminds me of Gears of War 2's Horde mode but adding an objective to it. I love it :D

Just looks like plunder mode with bots to me. If the maps aren't just modified multiplayer ones like in the video then it could be interesting I guess.

Wow, Guerrilla Games, please take some of these modes and put a Killzone 3 twist on it without making it a clusterfuck. God this game will be ROBBED of GOTY because of MW2. It sucks.

Jtrizzy

So have people been able to get the vouchers from Gamestop yet? I just went to get one for Madden and this, and the dude tried to give me a voucher from the beta. It's pretty amazing how clueless these guys are about there own job! Of course after I tell him I don't want to pre order anymore he tries to push me into it. Fuckin Gamestop.

evolution

MikeDub said:
Just looks like plunder mode with bots to me. If the maps aren't just modified multiplayer ones like in the video then it could be interesting I guess.
I see it as more of a survival type mode. The purpose of each mode is clearly different thats for sure.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I like that they're at least going the whole nine yards, and not just the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes route.
TacticalFox88 said:
Wow, Guerrilla Games, please take some of these modes and put a Killzone 3 twist on it without making it a clusterfuck. God this game will be ROBBED of GOTY because of MW2 Brutal Legend. It sucks.
I don't think MW2 is a sure thing.

It's a hard one to predict this year, that's for sure.

evolution said:
I see it as more of a survival type mode. The purpose of each mode is clearly different thats for sure.

Yeah, it gets more difficult for each round so it's definitely comparable to GeoW 2's Horde mode. You just have another objective to complete. Arne, do you know if enemies keep coming in waves if you do not retrieve the treasure, or can you just kill them all and safely retrieve it later?

Having a timed Gold Rush mode with time limits on retrieval would be a sweet and easy addition.

Nakiro

Giriath_89 said:
Yeah, it gets more difficult for each round so it's definitely comparable to GeoW 2's Horde mode. You just have another objective to complete. Arne, do you know if enemies keep coming in waves if you do not retrieve the treasure, or can you just kill them all and safely retrieve it later?

Having a timed Gold Rush mode with time limits on retrieval would be a sweet and easy addition.
They said there is a timer, and if you do it within that time, you get a bonus in score and whatnot.

Nakiro said:
They said there is a timer, and if you do it within that time, you get a bonus in score and whatnot.

Oh, true. Bonuses will work too. I hope they have planned a few more unique enemies than the standard level 1-3 ones for this mode. Mini-bosses like those in the co-op campaign would be nice. More annoyances unique to certain maps like the helicopter in the Plaza would be appreciated as well.

Villains attempting to separate the cart your party is in on a train map, anyone? :D

DMeisterJ

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
So have people been able to get the vouchers from Gamestop yet? I just went to get one for Madden and this, and the dude tried to give me a voucher from the beta. It's pretty amazing how clueless these guys are about there own job! Of course after I tell him I don't want to pre order anymore he tries to push me into it. Fuckin Gamestop.

The vouchers for the Revenge and the multiplayer demo?

Yeah, I got mine when I pre-ordered this game back in June.

ghibli99

Horrible box art, but it won't affect my purchase. Hell, I bought SFA on the PS1/SS back in the day, so I've seen the worst there is. ;)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does that psblog video keep restarting for anyone else? It plays for 5 seconds and then "reboots" itself to the beginning. I had to download it to watch it. running FF3.5 on W7.

HOLY MACARONI! Gold Rush looks awesome:

A few questions, Arne.

1. How many rounds? I mean how many rounds can you play if you don't die early
2. Looking at the Gold Rush, would there be a
Undead/Zombie mode, where you battle the Mutated humans from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in gameplay similar to Gold Rush
cause that would be shit awesome! If not, add that to the request list damnnit! :p

Pre-ordering it on friday!!

Oh and I need Navarro skin!! :mad:

alr1ghtstart said:
Does that psblog video keep restarting for anyone else? It plays for 5 seconds and then "reboots" itself to the beginning. I had to download it to watch it. running FF3.5 on W7.

it did that too me as well. I had to keep my mouse cursor on it or else it would restart.

Jtrizzy

DMeisterJ said:
The vouchers for the Revenge and the multiplayer demo?

Yeah, I got mine when I pre-ordered this game back in June.

Yeah I'm guessing the fucktards at Gamestop gave them all away with Infamous or something. Of course I pre ordered and bought infamous at the same store and they didn't give me one.

The fucking guy handed me the old voucher...it's so pathetic. Do they really not know which little pre order cards are in their little basket? Ugh I hate having to do so many game purchases through them.

Hypereides

Gold Member
I'd really like to see Naughty Dog try something like HUDless multiplayer mode, akin to hardcore in Call of duty 4.

I just wonder if it would work.

Dever

Banned
highluxury said:
I'd really like to see Naughty Dog try something like HUDless multiplayer mode, akin to hardcore in Call of duty 4.

I just wonder if it would work.

If they removed the HUD completely, there'd be no way of knowing where the treasure was in Gold rush.

...which could be interesting, actually. :p

andycapps

Nice shoutout to GAF on the PS Blog video, Arne. :D Did pretty well for yourself considering you were talking. I can't talk and play games at the same time to save my life.

JMC

Banned
neojubei said:
Oh crap Arne looks fraking hawt in that video. I never pictured him that way, totally cute and sexy.

I knew someone was going to post something like this sooner or later. :lol

Hydrargyrus said:
I hope it won't be later than 23th...

Yeah. Europe should be hoping for the 23rd. :lol

Llyranor

Will the multiplayer demo be preorder-exclusive, or will that just grant early access? Will it include the co-op mdoes?

teepo

i know it's already been said but i'll say it again for reiteration, you guys need to stop obsessing over stupid shit.

JMC

Banned
teepo said:
i know it's already been said but i'll say it again for reiteration, you guys need to stop obsessing over stupid shit.

You seem to have forgotten where you are:

neogaf1.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Llyranor said:
Will the multiplayer demo be preorder-exclusive, or will that just grant early access? Will it include the co-op mdoes?
The demo is exclusive to Gamestop preorders until the end of September. I assume it'll go public after that. It'll probably be an updated build of the beta so it'll at least have the partial co-op level.

AKS

teepo said:

That would instantly cut down forum traffic by 70%.

Llyranor

Heh, sounds pretty backwards, as usual. You'd think they'd want to convince tpeople on the fence like me to buy their game rather than all the people who've already preordered. Oh well, as long as it goes public at some point. Until I get hands-on, this gets the lowest priority amongst the flood of games this Fall.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Llyranor said:
Heh, sounds pretty backwards, as usual. You'd think they'd want to convince tpeople on the fence like me to buy their game rather than all the people who've already preordered. Oh well, as long as it goes public at some point. Until I get hands-on, this gets the lowest priority amongst the flood of games this Fall.
If it helps the beta was the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer game. I'm not usually a fan of multiplayer modes but this really grabbed me. It's a hell of a lot of fun and manages to keep the Uncharted charm.

Llyranor

I understand their reasoning for trying to entice people into preordering the game, but they're also doing a great job keeping people on the fence at bay by not giving access to the mp demo unless you're already sold on the game. Uncharted is pretty much unproven territory for me, and I'm not really interested in the singleplayer.

JMC

Banned
Shadow780 said:
I'm buying this game solely because of the single player.

Ditto, more or less. I'll probably give MP a shot or two, but since my PS3 is seldom online, it's the SP campaign that I'm looking forward to.

Top Bottom