• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
KilgoreTrout said:
I was buying this for single player till the beta.

Now I'm playing for both multi and single.

I sincerely miss the GAF U2 crew.
Same here. I played with some other gaffers but I ran into you, Kittonwy, and a few others once. I got wrecked. :lol I really want to get seriously into the full thing when it comes out.

I beat Kittonwy, though.

JMC

Banned
red shoe paul said:
So is this something other than the beta given out to people for pre-ordering at Gamestop? Like if we have the previous beta with the InFamous codes, we'll be having another sort of like an update for that?

According to whomever Kotaku talked to, those who preorder at Gamestop get access to the MP beta two weeks earlier than the public (Sep. 9th-29th, with the beta going public on the 30th).

Hydrargyrus

Cristophe Balestra confirms that the UK version only includes English...

I wanna know which languages includes the US version, I hope it'll have English, Spanish and French as always

AKS

RoboPlato said:
Same here. I played with some other gaffers but I ran into you, Kittonwy, and a few others once. I got wrecked. :lol I really want to get seriously into the full thing when it comes out.

I beat Kittonwy, though.

I don't think I spotted "the kitton" in that beta. I'll be on the lookout next time.

Jtrizzy

Shockingly the beta was probably my favorite MP shooter this gen, even with 2 maps. 2nd place to COD4 at the very least. We had a great gaf crew, although we never lost...can't wait for the MP demo.

Kittonwy

Banned
RoboPlato said:

I beat Kittonwy, though.

angry.gif

noah111

Still Alive
arne said:
why wouldn't I give a shout out to gaf?

that was actually by accident. haha.
Nah it was appropriate, talking about the feedback you get from various forums; best beta feedback comes from NeoGAF as we all know. :D

arne

Llyranor said:
I understand their reasoning for trying to entice people into preordering the game, but they're also doing a great job keeping people on the fence at bay by not giving access to the mp demo unless you're already sold on the game. Uncharted is pretty much unproven territory for me, and I'm not really interested in the singleplayer.

I don't think you're understanding the pre-order. It's early access to a multiplayer demo, that will eventually be available to a very, very wide range of people. All it is, is getting you in for a sneak peek early before the floodgates are opened.

El-Suave

Sentry said:
Nah it was appropriate, talking about the feedback you get from various forums; best beta feedback comes from NeoGAF as we all know. :D

True, I've yet to see a forum that's more in love with this franchise than GAF - and rightfully so. We recognized Uncharted's greatness at the time while some people who failed to do so back then, only recently have begun singing its praises now that it's more en vogue.

The UK version only including English sucks mildly though, same as with Infamous. I guess Sony needs to do something to stop people importing their games from the UK.

arne said:
I don't think you're understanding the pre-order. It's early access to a multiplayer demo, that will eventually be available to a very, very wide range of people. All it is, is getting you in for a sneak peek early before the floodgates are opened.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but will the demo be based on different maps to the beta? And will it have different modes?

Goldrusher

Is that to stop mainland Europeans from "importing" (lol, within the EU ?) the UK edition ?

Or why is it ? The original game had 20 languages, no matter where you bought the game.

BeeDog

Goldrusher said:
Is that to stop mainland Europeans from "importing" (lol, within the EU ?) the UK edition ?

Or why is it ? The original game had 20 languages, no matter where you bought the game.

Perhaps cost reduction?

El-Suave

BeeDog said:
Perhaps cost reduction?

I think it might actually be more costly to produce and distribute different versions of the disc for one region.
It's to stop us from importing, if the UK sees another collapse in game prices this year as they did last year, I can even understand it. It can't be in Sony's interest to sell the game for half the price they would get in all neighboring countries.

I'll still import because of our ugly German box stickers though (although with the round PSN sticker Sony ruins their boxes all over Europe). It just sucks that I'll have to rebuy the game if I want my nephew to play it a few years down the line.

Hydrargyrus

El-Suave said:
I think it might actually be more costly to produce and distribute different versions of the disc for one region.
It's to stop us from importing, if the UK sees another collapse in game prices this year as they did last year, I can even understand it. It can't be in Sony's interest to sell the game for half the price they would get in all neighboring countries.

I'll still import because of our ugly German box stickers though (although with the round PSN sticker Sony ruins their boxes all over Europe). It just sucks that I'll have to rebuy the game if I want my nephew to play it a few years down the line.

I'll import from the USA o Canada.
Sony can banish the Spanish from the UK version, only to prevent the intracomunity importing, but the Sony NTSC versions always includes English, Spanish and French.

Even if no one version except the Spanish one will include Spanish laguage, I'll import the UK version. I prefer to play in English before paying 70€ when I can buy it in the UK for 30-40€

Llyranor said:
I understand their reasoning for trying to entice people into preordering the game, but they're also doing a great job keeping people on the fence at bay by not giving access to the mp demo unless you're already sold on the game. Uncharted is pretty much unproven territory for me, and I'm not really interested in the singleplayer.

I would absolutely not recommend this for anyone not interested in the single player. I played the beta and it was pretty weak. Granted I just got to play what was in the beta, but still. Definitely a case of adding MP to a series that doesn't need it.

freitax

rainking187 said:
I would absolutely not recommend this for anyone not interested in the single player. I played the beta and it was pretty weak. Granted I just got to play what was in the beta, but still. Definitely a case of adding MP to a series that doesn't need it.
I could not disagree more.

Vlodril

What? The beta was great. I dont know what you are smoking :D. Both co-op and competitive mp was fantastic. It had a few bugs but every beta has them. As far as fun goes it rocked.

Kinan

arne, can you tell if is there is a russian voiceover this time and if yes, in what version of Uncharted 2 it is present?

rainking187 said:

I certainly disagree. While the DM mode alone would indeed be pretty standard, additional modes with unqiue twists like Plunder and the co-op modes make it a great experience. The traversal gameplay is also a great unique feature. I'm sure there are at least a few more modes yet to be announced, and a bunch of perks.

Llyranor

Well, I'm not usually really interested in singleplayer shooters or in most PvP games, so my U2 interest lies primarily in the co-op. The U1 demo didn't sell me on that game.

The co-op sounds interesting. Various co-op modes is neat. However, the game is still unproven to me. Until I can get my hands on it via the demo, I can't generate much excitement over it.

I'm also concerned precisely because it isn't traditionally a co-op game. Some people may say it's just tacked-down, but it's the only reason I'm keeping an eye on this game. Being 'a third' of the game, I wonder how substantial the co-op would actually be. I don't want it being a case like Res2 where I certainly enjoyed the co-op, but there simply wasn't enough of it (and not caring about the sp/PvP, couldn't help but ultimately feeling disappointed with it). An extra issue is out of my buddies, only one has a PS3.

I don't mean to be a downer. The game does look good. Vertical gameplay sounds pretty neat. I just need to get my hands on the co-op demo, and get an idea of how substantial the various co-op modes are (5-6 maps for Res2 was a bit laughable :( ).

I'll stop polluting this thread!

(psst, for those who are buying it 'for the singleplayer', if you're preordering and don't care about the mp, I'll gladly take the early access code out of your hands! I'll even take a second one for my buddy so we can really check out the co-op!)

Dude Abides

Banned
I hope they have more variety in the enemy animations in U2. Specifically, all of the enemies in the first game did the same kind of bob-and-weave motion when you shot at them, and once you learned to anticipate it it became pretty easy to pop their heads. That is my only quibble about an otherwise great game.

Loudninja

arne said:
why wouldn't I give a shout out to gaf?

that was actually by accident. haha.

:D

rainking187 said:

I disagree, its very fun, and are we going back to the it doesn't need it phase?

Ocho

I'm looking forward to play the next beta with GAF fellows (I can finally put that bluetooth PS headset to use!)! During my try with the past beta, I was usually the only one in my team of randoms with positive k:d ratio; I want to play with real gamers!

JMC

Banned
rainking187 said:

Hardly, considering the reception has been overwhelmingly positive.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I'll probably give MP a shot or two, but since my PS3 is seldom online, it's the SP campaign that I'm looking forward to.

i wish to address this yet again.

not aimed at the poster but i didn't ever see a problem with adding MP. Hell, the first game seems built for coop play for a start, but hey - let's skip that and cut to the point....

the MP beta is one of the most fun MP experiences i've ever had. Granted, i've not played a ton of online games, but it really REALLY works. I suspect a ton of people who are skeptical are going to be chewing the fat one when they finally try it online, because it is "the bollocks" as far as i'm concerned.

JMC

Banned
jakncoke said:
That's only because people are babies and think every game made this gen needs some sort of online.

Are you suggesting the MP has been receiving positive feedback because it's present and nothing else?

WhiteAce said:

(words)

Why did you quote me when the post has nothing to do with what you've said? :lol I made no mention of my opinion on the inclusion of MP, nor did I imply anything beyond that I can't use it.

Thrakier

rainking187 said:

lolz. The beta was awesome and that's the opinion of 90%+ who participated in the beta I guess.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hope there's a better kill sound/indicator in the next phase of the MP test.

Other than that, I absolutely loved the MP beta. Played a lot.

WhiteAce said:

not aimed at the poster but i didn't ever see a problem with adding MP. Hell, the first game seems built for coop play for a start, but hey - let's skip that and cut to the point....

the MP beta is one of the most fun MP experiences i've ever had. Granted, i've not played a ton of online games, but it really REALLY works. I suspect a ton of people who are skeptical are going to be chewing the fat one when they finally try it online, because it is "the bollocks" as far as i'm concerned.

I completely agree. The multiplayer is crafted so well and it's so much fun to play.
Also, it looks like a school example of how to make a multiplayer mode. Party system, matchmaking, map voting, boosters, cinema mode etc. etc.
It's really outstanding.

jakncoke

Banned
JMC said:
Are you suggesting the MP has been receiving positive feedback because it's present and nothing else?

Why did you quote me when the post has nothing to do with what you've said? :lol I made no mention of my opinion on the inclusion of MP, not did I imply anything beyond that I can't use it.

I haven't had a chance to try it out so I don't know if it's good or not, but I would not be shocked in the slightest if this was not a case of GAF hype and it be dropped like a drop a few weeks later after reality comes crashing in. The meat of the game is surely the SP and the MP will be nothing but a tack on and is not needed what so ever in this game, COOP is cool though.

JMC

Banned
jakncoke said:
I haven't had a chance to try it out so I don't know if it's good or not, but I would not be shocked in the slightest if this was not a case of GAF hype and it be dropped like a drop a few weeks later after reality comes crashing in. The meat of the game is surely the SP and the MP will be nothing but a tack on and is not needed what so ever in this game, COOP is cool though.

It's not just GAF's army of Uncharted fans praising it. There are plenty of positive hands-on impressions floating around the 'net.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hydrargyrus said:

TTP will not be happy about this .

but seriously WTF is this crap , first Infamous and now this , can't they put English track on every fucking Blu-ray Disc .

someone fix this shit

Top Bottom