• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

lupinko

Can we please get custom music for at least the multiplayer part? It would add so much (well not really, but would basically keep me there forever :lol :D).

noah111

Still Alive
lupinko said:
Can we please get custom music for at least the multiplayer part? It would add so much (well not really, but would basically keep me there forever :lol :D).
THIS. Please ND allow custom music in MP/co-op modes in U2, seriously! Make it just like it is in KZ2, it stops when you quit to a menu/play SP, then resumes when you jump back into MP. Couldn't be too hard, right?

jsnepo

I just hope it'll be accessible through the XMB like High Velocity Bowling and Street Fighter IV. Is Killzone 2 like that? I never got to try it in that game.

JoJo13

Banned
lupinko said:
I hope they add REAL UNCHARTED music to the multiplayer but also give the option of custom soundtracks.

I kind of hate how music isn't really used in MP much.

ALSO:

PRESENCE DATA

PRESENCE DATA

PRESENCE DATA x 10000

KAOz

Short bus special
jsnepo said:
I just hope it'll be accessible through the XMB like High Velocity Bowling and Street Fighter IV. Is Killzone 2 like that? I never got to try it in that game.

Yepp, exactly like that.

God, I can't wait for this game really. Now, just give us the European release-date damnit! I don't want to wait ages for this.

Schrade

Direct downloads for those panel videos:

Uncharted 2: Panel 1
Uncharted 2: Panel 2
Uncharted 2: Panel 3

(So you can watch them in 640x480)

Bonus Emily Rose picture:
97r30h.jpg

Banned
lupinko said:

:lol bad idea. You wouldnt be able to hear footsteps and grunts when people are trying to sneak up on you from behind.

liquidspeed said:
also, on a diffrent note; does anyone think we have some hope for more platforming and harder/ more puzzles... IM really excited for Uncharted 2, but i hope there is a little better balance between shooting, platforming, and puzzles.

In the GTTV episode, Evan said that the Ice Cave ice pretty much nothing but puzzles and platforming.

SolidSnakex said:
In the GTTV episode, Evan said that the Ice Cave ice pretty much nothing but puzzles and platforming.
that is definately promising... I hope that we see a few other chapters like that as well.... Anyway. This title is my most anticipated this year alongside GT5 ( December PLZ!!!!)

liquidspeed said:
gametrailers just posted a new interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-uncharted-2/53368

also, on a diffrent note; does anyone think we have some hope for more platforming and harder/ more puzzles... IM really excited for Uncharted 2, but i hope there is a little better balance between shooting, platforming, and puzzles.

I believe they kept the same ratio 70:30, but since the overall game is bigger, so you get more platforming and puzzle than UDF.

I think they also mentioned there will be more 'how do I get there moment' the stage will be a little more open, more way to enter an area and a little bit less linear. so not necessarily more puzzles, but more 'what good approach to take' in certain situation

BeeDog said:
What is presence data?

Presence data reveals what you are currently playing to your PSN friends.
Instead of just a name of the game you are playing, which is displayed below you nick name, with presence data the game writes the exact name of the mode or the level of the game you're playing atm.

BeeDog

Lagpsike_exe said:
Presence data reveals what you are currently playing to your PSN friends.
Instead of just a name of the game you are playing, which is displayed below you nick name, with presence data the game writes the exact name of the mode or the level of the game you're playing atm.

Ah yeah, like LBP, NHL09, Fight Night Round 4 etc. Got it, thanks.

Callibretto said:
I believe they kept the same ratio 70:30, but since the overall game is bigger, so you get more platforming and puzzle than UDF.

I think they also mentioned there will be more 'how do I get there moment' the stage will be a little more open, more way to enter an area and a little bit less linear. so not necessarily more puzzles, but more 'what good approach to take' in certain situation

No, the first one was hard enough with those moments. I hope they said the "hint" trigger button help would still be available :(

J-Rzez

JB1981 said:
damn the music sounds so good in that sequence.

The first one, in retrospect, is probably tied for the best soundtrack this gen to date. It was absolutely killer, and this one is sounding even better. I can't wait to get this bitch going through my 7.1.

And once again, Naughty Dog, (read Arne), would be a fail of epic proportions to NOT have a soundtrack included with a CE/SE/LE of the game. I don't want this shit on iTunes, I want it on disc, I hate iTunes.

If you're going to do any other teasers, please give some snippets of the music, thank you!

JMC

Banned
J-Rzez said:
And once again, Naughty Dog, (read Arne), would be a fail of epic proportions to NOT have a soundtrack included with a CE/SE/LE of the game.

So there will be a SE, then? I was getting worried when it wasn't announced along with the other stuff.

Edit: I suppose arne ignoring the posts asking about a SE must mean something is up. :D

If you're going to do any other teasers, please give some snippets of the music, thank you!

This. I was looking forward to hearing some of the music in the GTTV footage only to have GT's shitty shit delivered to my ears.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
JMC said:
Edit: I suppose arne ignoring the posts asking about a SE must mean something is up. :D

You would already be seeing retailer links for a special edition if there was one - the game is only three months away.

luxarific said:
You would already be seeing retailer links for a special edition if there was one - the game is only three months away.

Yeah, I think Sony is putting their money towards the God Of War 3 Collectors Edition anyways.

luxarific said:

I still have hope for PAL, "pseudo"-CEs like for KZ2 or Infamous were announced/showed up at online-retailers pretty late IIRC (less then 2 or 1 months?).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Emily Rose is so cute.
She has to act as Elena on the movie.
If not im selling my PS3.

luxarific said:

Well theres an Assassins Creed II Special edition and it isnt listed on any US site to preordered even though Ubisoft revealed it.

The soundtrack for Uncharted 2 would be nice as well as a Metal SE case.

JoJo13

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEy5h_jwtuI

Didnt see this interview posted

At around 7:30, the guy mentions that they were getting more memory from the 2.8 FW update...is this true?

I guess that may have been one of the 'stealth' updates in the 2.8 firmware -- more available memory for devs...

Would jive with what one of the mods here said that gamers wouldn't necessarily know what the 2.8 fw update had in store, but it would eventually be used by devs.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
SolidusDave said:
I still have hope for PAL, "pseudo"-CEs like for KZ2 or Infamous were announced/showed up at online-retailers pretty late IIRC (less then 2 or 1 months?).

Yeah, that's the only option for a SE/CE that I think is open at this point. Sucks for North Americans though. I'd definitely be up for SE/CE for Uncharted 2 on day one.

-Winnie-

JoJo13 said:
I hope they add REAL UNCHARTED music to the multiplayer but also give the option of custom soundtracks.

I kind of hate how music isn't really used in MP much.

Same. The whole thing just feels kind of lifeless without a soundtrack.

JoJo13

Banned
-Winnie- said:
Same. The whole thing just feels kind of lifeless without a soundtrack.

Yeah, this is my biggest concern for Uncharted 2's multiplayer. It plays fucking awesome, but it needs a bit more personality and atmosphere.

I've mentioned it before, but it needs a lot of little touches to take it to the next level --

1. Uncharted music playing in the background during MP matches, perhaps they could make it dynamic so that when battles heat up the music changes accordingly.

2. More wisecracking from the player your commanding when he gets kills or gets killed (or close to death).

3. Some sort of comment from a character after winning or losing a match (ala Gears or Killzone)

4. PRESENCE DATA, PRESENCE DATA, PRESENCE DATA! Uncharted 2 is PACKED full of features. It will help out tremendously to see EXACTLY what people on my friends list are playing, be it single player, co-op, or competitive! I want them to show what map/mode my friends are playing on the XMB friends list portion. Would be unfortunate if Uncharted 2 DIDN'T have this...

DrPirate

Banned
JoJo13 said:

At around 7:30, the guy mentions that they were getting more memory from the 2.8 FW update...is this true?

I guess that may have been one of the 'stealth' updates in the 2.8 firmware -- more available memory for devs...

Would jive with what one of the mods here said that gamers wouldn't necessarily know what the 2.8 fw update had in store, but it would eventually be used by devs.

I want to know more about this as well.

cakefoo

red shoe paul said:
JoJo13 said:
4. PRESENCE DATA, PRESENCE DATA, PRESENCE DATA! Uncharted 2 is PACKED full of features. It will help out tremendously to see EXACTLY what people on my friends list are playing, be it single player, co-op, or competitive! I want them to show what map/mode my friends are playing on the XMB friends list portion. Would be unfortunate if Uncharted 2 DIDN'T have this...
No, because that's too much to have and it would just look stupid. All I look to see is what people are playing and that's it.
You don't have to pay attention to it if you don't want to. Practice ignoring it in the following example:

cakefoo
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Plunder - The Plaza

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uncharted 2 preordered, motherfuckers.

2eg5u74.jpg

Looks like you'll need to install some data this time around. Better preorder your sandwich.

2vbudty.jpg

netguy503

Wario64 said:
Uncharted 2 preordered, motherfuckers.

Looks like you'll need to install some data this time around. Better preorder your sandwich.

2vbudty.jpg

1. You pre-ordered from Best Buy so you missed the MP Beta coming a month before the game release. FAIL!

and

2. 1.7 GB isnt alot considering alot of the 5 GB game installs we've been getting. Definitely not enough time to eat a sandwich( unless you want to suffer from indigestion).

But thank you for posting the HDD specs as I don't think they have been reported before.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
netguy503 said:
1. You pre-ordered from Best Buy so you missed the MP Beta coming a month before the game release. FAIL!

Don't care about the MP beta since I've already played in the previous beta. Don't care for any of the preorder bonuses actually, this gold weapons code is going straight to Ebay.

And I got craploads of RZ certs so I'm essentially getting this game for free

I'm on a media blackout on this game anyway

jett

D-Member
...requires mandatory installation? Awesomecharted is now less awesome.

Kind of lame that it doesn't other upscaled resolutions.

netguy503

I'm getting this game for free too off a birthday gift card from gamestop (my birthday is Sep 29th, so I'm getting the second beta and that MP "Revenge Booster" for free too).

And I don't care about installs as I have a 500GB drive.:D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
...requires mandatory installation? Awesomecharted is now less awesome.

Kind of lame that it doesn't other upscaled resolutions.
I doubt there will be any installation. Nothing visible anyways. First Uncharted also needed about 1GB of free disk space, but the end user never knew it used that as a virtual memory. This one will probably be the same.

I also think it will support 1080i at least, like the first game, for people with older HDTVs who need that. PS3 upscaling system to 1080p is not that good anyways, I don't think anyone will miss it.

arne

JoJo13 said:

This was just a typical blunder with all the info and people coming up to us constantly at the PS booth at SDCC. I feel bad for Sam. :(

He was actually referring to Naughty Dog Engine 2.0 updates we made.
we had just been making sure at the event that all the PS3s brought in were on FW2.8 since that is what that build needed to run on, so I have no doubt it was top of mind

Top Bottom