• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Giriath_89 said:
Uh oh, whoever made that is in for some bad times. :lol
Nah, if ND finds out will probably ask to remove Drake face. Just that.
By the way i didnt found it, it was one of the people im following at twitter.

Donos

:lol :lol :lol

Arne, any comment ? *deploy the ninjas*

please someone shop in the guy from the gears-2-japan thread

I just wonder how they thought that was a good idea. It's not as if Drake is some obscure game character. This is even worse than that game that blatantly lifted material from Oblivion.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolidSnakex said:
I just wonder how they thought that was a good idea. It's not as if Drake is some obscure game character. This is even worse than that game that blatantly lifted material from Oblivion.
Dood, its a PS3 exclusive game! No one has PS3!! :lol
Im joking of course... dont hit me SDF!!

Gotta say Drake has some mighty fine proportion there.

Ruben-Studdard--25987.jpg

I cant be the only one who sees this, right? right?

arne

I probably wasn't clear enough on my previous post about the pre-order box, given the stories I'm seeing.

There's NO (mandtory/optional) install. You're welcome.

arne said:
I probably wasn't clear enough on my previous post about the pre-order box, given the stories I'm seeing.

No comment on "The Drake Clues" scandal, sir?

freitax

arne said:

I shall express myself using only this--->:D

VegaShinra

arne said:

Good to hear.

Yeah, your original post made it sound like you didn't know what the size would be for an installation of sorts.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
arne said:

yay. Now about PRESENCE DATA...is it in?

Violater

Lets get to the real question, how hard will this platinum be, I really hope the online requirements aren't impossible.

Violater said:
Lets get to the real question, how hard will this platinum be, I really hope the online requirements aren't impossible.

No platinum is impossible with the right dedication you weakling.

I say, make them all Multiplayer trophies!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
arne said:

lol, this is all my fault :p

Mets39

Violater said:

still finalizing Trophy list. Might include a couple of MP trophies, but don't want any that require grinding for kills or wins.

Of course it's better to wait & see but i have faith :)

arne

VegaShinra said:
Good to hear.

Yeah, your original post made it sound like you didn't know what the size would be for an installation of sorts.

All games have a HDD space required. I don't know what it's all supposed to cover, but it's to make sure you at least have enough space for save games, caching and possibly things too like patches, etc.

Wario64 said:
lol, this is all my fault :p

totally. it's ok, i'll just shoot your character in the face in MP with the shotty sometime and we'll be even.

So is that a no (comment) to Presence Data?

It'd be nice to see if a friend of mine is currently playing SP or MP and which mode / map :D

Violater

highluxury said:

Uncharted on crushing was enough of a challenge, I almost broke a controller on the church level.

Violater said:
Uncharted on crushing was enough of a challenge, I almost broke a controller on the church level.

Hate to sound arrogant but I cant really see the problem with Crushing, sure it was hard but not unfair *coughKillzone2cough*.

If you stuck to the most powerfull weapons at any given time and exploited cover effectively it isnt really that hard.

Loudninja

highluxury said:
Hate to sound arrogant but I cant really see the problem with Crushing, sure it was hard but not unfair *coughKillzone2cough*.

If you stuck to the most powerfull weapons at any given time and exploited cover effectively it isnt really that hard.

That wasn't that hard either, well for me anyways ;)

highluxury said:

Well, the only part that might seem unfair in KZ2 is the end level(s) but most of those can be run through rather quickly to prompt checkpoints.

Uncharted had some very VERY difficult areas on crushing where you died and went back about 15+ min of what you just did. Hopefully the new one takes a hint from inFamous (as all games should) about how a checkpoint system should be.

That said, both games are great fun even on the higher difficulties :D

Violater

highluxury said:

That's all well and good but I'm an old man now and the twitch just isn't what it used to be.
I have played some impossible shooters

CoDW@W on vet > KZ2 Elite> Uncharted Crushing that is how I see it, just because I found it challenging doesn't make me a pushover, I can hold me own online for an old guy.

Haunted

Wow, Big Fish Games is a pretty big publisher/provider of casual games, can't believe they've let this one through looking like that.

Hilarious, though. :lol

highluxury said:

Ew, no thanks.

Mudkips

Banned
xenorevlis said:
So is that a no (comment) to Presence Data?

It'd be nice to see if a friend of mine is currently playing SP or MP and which mode / map :D

WTF is presence data?
Meta shit that ties into PSN to update your status and such?

And why do people want no installation?
The original was great in terms of loading, sure. But running from the hard drive will always be faster and give the dev more flexibility.

Just as long as you avoid the MGS4 ridiculousness, I'm all for installs.

arne

Mudkips said:
And why do people want no installation?
The original was great in terms of loading, sure. But running from the hard drive will always be faster and give the dev more flexibility.

we stream the whole game? so there is essentially no loading, and none really once you start going through the game.

Mudkips

Banned
Hard drives are still faster than discs.

Yes, I know the original Uncharted was great.
I believe this one will be too.
But I have assloads of space. The option to install the entire game to the drive would be nice.

Is there a reason not to provide the option?

arne said:
we stream the whole game? so there is essentially no loading, and none really once you start going through the game.
Are they using the Cell for crazy decompression/compression of the data packets? A streaming game like GTA / GOW is always great. The only loading after the initial one is when you die and it goes back to a save point. These are especially fast in Uncharted.

Still, there is about half of my "500GB" drive empty and I'm clearing out a ton of the media and old game installs. Hopefully we can utilize this space for replays / photos and whatever else was shown on GameTrailers.

arne, I hope this game gives you something in Home simply by owning it and progressing through the story / online. That'd be a great trend to get people into Home after a good playthrough of your game and now they are in a 3D social network probably talking about it, like many during the beta did :D

icechai

lastinline said:
That's awesome news to hear that there will be no installation.

if you read it correctly it said no MANDATORY installation. So maybe there's an optional one to smooth any hiccups in streaming :p

icechai said:
if you read it correctly it said no MANDATORY installation. So maybe there's an optional one to smooth any hiccups in streaming :p
arne said:

Hello!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mudkips said:
WTF is presence data?
Meta shit that ties into PSN to update your status and such?

It displays what mode you're playing/map/# players/etc. All 360 games have it and I know LBP and SOCOM have it for PS3. It would be very useful for co-op/multi.

arne said:

arne if this true, please don't make any loading times for MP. I hate that I have to wait like five minutes just to load a match in KZ2, it makes me not want to play :( . I'd gladly take an optional install to not wait on those 5 minutes.

Dementia

Tiger uppercut said:
arne if this true, please don't make any loading times for MP. I hate that I have to wait like five minutes just to load a match in KZ2, it makes me not want to play :( . I'd gladly take an optional install to not wait on those 5 minutes.
Yes! In fact, make it so that you can install the entire multiplayer portion of the game to play without a disc. I tend to play my PSN games a lot more regularly than disc-based games because they are easier to access and play on a whim.

Tiger uppercut said:

+1.
The thing I hate the MOST in Killzone 2 is the loading time for multiplayer games. It just kills your will to play.

No45

Tiger uppercut said:
And then you'd have the SF4 effect. You'd still be waiting for the game to load on those consoles that don't have it installed. Is the delay in getting into a round of KZ2 down to loading the game, or is it netcode related?

Tiger uppercut said:
Yeah, the end result to KZ2's 15 second load times is a lengthy map with dynamic objectives and huge atmospheric worlds to play around in. U2 beta had much quicker loadtimes but the matches were over much quicker too. It's very enjoyable for the type of gameplay each title has.

Edit:
Dementia said:
Yes! In fact, make it so that you can install the entire multiplayer portion of the game to play without a disc. I tend to play my PSN games a lot more regularly than disc-based games because they are easier to access and play on a whim.
This would be epic, as long as it's not "sharable" because ND needs sales! They need to be getting paid EXTRA for the magic being worked :D

Tiger uppercut said:
Quit exaggerating. It takes less than a minute to load a level in Killzone 2 multiplayer.

Loudninja

Tiger uppercut said:

Never took me that long.

Top Bottom