• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

Ashour

stuburns said:
9127253.jpg

Smart, make hideous normal artwork so people pay the extra to have the nice artwork on your tin version, very clever.

I like the normal one better. And holy crap at these screens.

Vek

-Winnie- said:
Damn, that's unfortunate about no OST... D:
But what's the "O-RING"? At first I thought it'd be Drake's ring (the one around Nate's neck), but there's no mention of anything like that in the description.

My understanding is that an 'O-RING' is marketing lingo for a slip cover that is open at top and bottom.

While I would've preferred an actual ring, had they called it an 'O-RING' I'd suspect that some special people would have tried to wear it on an unintended appendage...

JMC said:
Attention fellow AusGAFers, the JB-exclusive SE edition of the game is back on their online store complete with slightly altered cover art, an amended list of bundled items and a higher price tag ($99 up from $89).

yay, let's see if this thing will come to UK-shops like Game, don't know a shop who ships Australian versions :lol
Edit: does JB ship to europe/germany? ^^
This is pretty much what I expected - better coverart, steelcase and most of the US-preorderstuff (like the golden guns).
Of course, artbook etc. would have been nice, just remember the also PAL-only (?) CE-box of Far Cry 2 :)
100 Aus$ is a bit expensive, I hope for 45 pounds or less.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I don't understand. Wasn't that ornament box art proven to be fake and that the ornament is some random 3D render that has nothing do with the game?

topofuji

Banned
Wow, at first I thought we would be getting real golden guns because those renders looked so real. :lol The visuals in this game really are realistic after all.

But...preorder DLC is bad anough...but DIFFERENT store exclusive DLC's are the worst. So you are missing out on something even if you preorder the game? :lol I guess the Best Buy one is the smartest to go with as it actually adds "new" content. But the Amazon map...is that an actual poster or something in-game?

And seriously, giving other players (newbies) an edge in multiplayer over others just because they preordered somewhere? So broken and fucked up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lord Error said:
I don't understand. Wasn't that ornament box art proven to be fake and that the ornament is some random 3D render that has nothing do with the game?

YES, but people like to Believe.

JMC

Banned
Lord Error said:

The ornament was proven to be nothing more than some 3D render. People assumed the cover art was fake since the ornament wasn't created specifically for use on it.

*shrug*

womfalcs3

Banned
Do we have details on the video recording feature? Will it be a video in a flexible file format that can be transferred to a computer (For, say, YouTube uploading)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
vicissitudes said:
Wait I haven't been keeping up...so Elaina IS in this game? (talking about SP)
Absolutely, there's even a cutscene released with her in it (the Ice Heart trailer). She's better looking than ever :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seiken said:
Absolutely, there's even a cutscene released with her in it (the Ice Heart trailer). She's better looking than ever :D
Welcome back Seiken!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

John_B

Sorry. The obviously wounded dude has something strange going on with his upper arm. There is no joint between the shoulder and the elbow, so unless the bone is broken it should not bend.

This is nitpicking, the visuals are fucking phenomenal and won't be matched on the current consoles.

Yoshichan

There's no personality in that boxart :( I don't like it.

I think its safe to say that no boxart can ever satisfy everyone.

Im not really following the flow on people downright saying its horrible.

Did anyone complain about the INfamous boxart? It was fucking horrible, I was actually considering paying the extra $20 or $30 (aus) purely because I didn't want that box on my shelf.

Replicant

stuburns said:

YESSS!! I'm so getting this one now. If only there's artbook and OST as well though...

I wonder if the US version of the Limited Edition will look the same but with artbook and OST.

Yoshichan

Facism said:
welcome back seiken. Shame you didn't do killzone 2 with us :'(
Or SFIV, or RE5, I really chose a bad time to get banned :lol

EDIT: I even missed E3! Wow, haha.

Yoshichan

highluxury said:
You didnt waste time though... you cheap trophy slut >:U.
"I'm no trophy whore. Never was. Never will be"

I swear!

topofuji said:
Wow, at first I thought we would be getting real golden guns because those renders looked so real. :lol The visuals in this game really are realistic after all.

But...preorder DLC is bad anough...but DIFFERENT store exclusive DLC's are the worst. So you are missing out on something even if you preorder the game? :lol I guess the Best Buy one is the smartest to go with as it actually adds "new" content. But the Amazon map...is that an actual poster or something in-game?

And seriously, giving other players (newbies) an edge in multiplayer over others just because they preordered somewhere? So broken and fucked up.

I thought the Amazon one says it is an video that shows you the locations of the objects?

Banned
JMC said:
Attention fellow AusGAFers, the JB-exclusive SE edition of the game is back on their online store complete with slightly altered cover art, an amended list of bundled items and a higher price tag ($99 up from $89).

No art book or OST. :(
Is this real???

Muffinman

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
Cool so online multiplayer is broken and unbalanced right from the start. Great concept! I got a Golden Gun code from the Free Stuff thread and Master Ninja, but if it is US region locked I'll be putting that up for grabs XD

How the fuck do golden guns make the multiplayer unbalanced?

You do realize it's merely a cosmetic change?? they are the same as the regular guns.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Box art is fine.

Anyway, I'm wondering if ND are using virtualization a la Id Software (basically, mega textures)? There seems to be a lot of texture variety and what would usually consist of decals or texture blending, which would be costly FPS-wise.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Kinda off-topic, but if anyone has the Japanese version of Uncharted 1, does the game has both japanese and english text/voice-overs?

On last week's Podcast Beyond (100th episode) Evan Wells was a guest, and he specifically mentioned how tech-sharing from Guerilla and Insomniac helped them solve some screen-tearing issues in the game. Nothing big, but interesting to hear some specifics w/r/t tech-sharing.

templeusox said:
On last week's Podcast Beyond (100th episode) Evan Wells was a guest, and he specifically mentioned how tech-sharing from Guerilla and Insomniac helped them solve some screen-tearing issues in the game. Nothing big, but interesting to hear some specifics w/r/t tech-sharing.

Awesome. Screen tearing is disgusting.

Top Bottom