• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

Loudninja

arne said:
Just one. It was quality so it needed to be savored. haha. Kidding.

Let the nitpicking on the screens begin...
:p
# 1) Over 130,000 people participated in our Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta, covering players from 135 countries all over the world.

# 2) The total of all multiplayer and co-op games played during the three weeks of our Beta was over 40,300 hours.

Its amazing that it reach that many hours with such limited modes and maps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
arne said:
Just one. It was quality so it needed to be savored. haha. Kidding.

Let the nitpicking on the screens begin...
:p
the colours seem a bit too saturated, you know?

arne

Lagpsike_exe said:
Is the 2nd multiplayer beta going to be the last taste of multiplayer before the release, or are you going to do a multiplayer demo as well?

There's some confusion in the wording.

MP Demo = "2nd MP beta"

they are one and the same, but it should really be called a demo.

By the way Im really digging Elena's suit, its very snazzy.

Really reminds me of Sanji's style from One Piece.

Awesome shit Arne, cant f-ing wait.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
SolidSnakex said:
2v9x5pt.jpg

Some tiling there in the last pic but I am sure at the speed the train is moving you won't notice. Looks great.

CHRP718

Banned
I can't wait to get back into the MP Beta - I stayed up for many days until 6am playing this awesome game. Graphics, Animation and the Gameplay were just so spot on.

agaru

alr1ghtstart said:
Did we ever get an answer for a kill "chirp chirp" in MP? I must have it.
This please, arne. Also, being able to take screenshots from the SP mode (I know it's been confirmed for MP).

cakefoo

Loudninja said:
# 1) Over 130,000 people participated in our Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta, covering players from 135 countries all over the world.

# 2) The total of all multiplayer and co-op games played during the three weeks of our Beta was over 40,300 hours.
Its amazing that it reach that many hours with such limited modes and maps.
That would mean each person only played an average of 18.6 minutes total. I just don't believe that anyone could put the game down that fast.

cakefoo said:
That would mean each person only played an average of 18.6 minutes total. I just don't believe that anyone could put the game down that fast.

Yeah, 18.6 minutes total during 21 days isn't really that much. Not sure what to think about this. I had a blast during the beta, I really can't believe that the average is so low. Maybe this 130k number includes all the beta vouchers that were given, so maybe some of them weren't used or something.

18.6 minutes during 21 days doesn't seem right.

noah111

Still Alive
cakefoo said:
Wonder if it's counting multiple PSNs, it would make sense.. plus you have to remember there are a lot of people out there, not everyone who gets the beta plays it, some barely touch it, but nearly 20 minutes on average is damn good IMO. Also the 24 hour lock was a bitch, a friend of mine barely played it because he was so impatient that he couldn't wait the time and ended up deleting it... I know.

arne

Lagpsike_exe said:
Yeah, 18.6 minutes total during 21 days isn't really that much. Not sure what to think about this. I had a blast during the beta, I really can't believe that the average is so low. Maybe this 130k number includes all the beta vouchers that were given, so maybe some of them weren't used or something.

18.6 minutes during 21 days doesn't seem right.

Ah the nitpicking begins. The math methodology is incorrect -- you're assuming that we had 130k concurrency throughout the entire beta when that is not the case.

jett

D-Member
JCreasy said:
If only the cover art looked more like this . . .

uncharted_cover.jpg

That would be awesome, so of course they can't use it. Pretty sure SCEA's marekting department is contractually obligated to suck absurd amounts of dick.

netguy503

jett said:
That would be awesome, so of course they can't use it. Pretty sure SCEA's marekting department is contractually obligated to suck absurd amounts of dick.

How much dick is an absurd amount? Just wondering.

arne

netguy503 said:
How much dick is an absurd amount? Just wondering.

Check the FM3 thread, that should give you a clue on what is an absurd amount. (sorry if you don't get it).

dorkimoe

Gold Member
havent paid attention to this game in awhile (because i know im buying it, been an uncharted fanboy since i played the first)

is the beta still going on? (i havent logged in to check)

and when does the 2nd demo start?

jett

D-Member
JardeL said:
Original resolutions of these images are 2560x1440 , why ?..

Because they're destined for print media, I'm assuming. Magazines always get screenshots in insane resolutions.

Rikyfree

Would be awesome if they gave a nod to Insomniac and Guerrilla for all the tech they shared and have there be unlockable weapons like the Bullseye which would be a re-skinned AK47 and the M-82 which would be a re-skinned FAL. I think that would be pretty cool.

Hyphen

I see a lot of new screenshots!? Isn't this thread supposed to be about release dates, box-art and pre-order incentives?

Top Bottom