• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natiko

Banned
This country is a disappointment. Everyone that voted Trump is delusional in one way or the other. I would'be taken nearly any actual politician over this hack. We'll see how many Trump supporters end up eating their words before this whole fiasco is said and done with. Goodnight.

We voted a man with NO EXPERIENCE HOLDING PUBLIC OFFICE into the highest position in the nation.

Most people know him these days from a REALITY TV SHOW.

This whole thing is a sham and I hope everyone responsible for this get their comeuppance.

Oh we will. Just like we got with Dubya. Just like we got with Obama picking Comey. Working with the other side always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Malo

Banned
I'm legitimately depressed. I, like, many others was so confident that Hillary would win. I don't want to follow politics right now and I'm taking a fucking political science class.

I'm about to go down this bottle of Jack.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
As a white male, I'm embarrassed beyond belief.

I wanted to believe that we play devils advocate in order of have an open mind and see every situation from many points of view. That, even if based in ego, we had a strong belief in empathy.

But when it really comes down to it we vote only in our own interests. Even if that means electing a reality TV joke.

Our lack of humility is going to come back to bite us one day.

Now America becomes even more of a global laughing stock...

this kid is so nervous
MjcEGeR.png

Your demonization of anyone who disagrees with your politics is an embarrassment. Not everyone voted for Trump solely because they're a racist. That narrative is lazy. Though no one can deny that Trump has dipshit supporters that are definitely racist, it's singling out those dipshits as though they speak for ~50 million+ people that is just not true.

I've asked and yet to receive an answer for someone, anybody, to give me one actual, legitimate position of Trump's that is either REAL (i.e. not just "i'll make things better trust me") or rooted in bigotry. This is what carried him. People decided to elect for a completely unqualified and racist man for President. I have ZERO respect for them. I totally understand these people are feeling disenfranchised and ignored, those are legitimate feelings, but channeling those feelings into voting for a reality show star who just feeds you bullshit and tells you what you want to hear, bullshit that any old idiot with 2 minutes and google can research for themselves and debunk, is not something deserving of respect. I don't respect or tolerate people who are willingly ignorant.

Please until it's actually done don't ever compare us to racist and sexist America. Never.

From where I'm standing, France has had a serious rise in nationalism, and is no less racist than the UK at the very least. In light of all of the atrocities in France, I suspect her share of votes next time round will increase by a fair amount, but I hope you guys don't go down that dark path. For real. Please don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom