• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US, Canada and Mexico set to submit joint bid to host 2026 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called the 22nd Amendment. It was passed after FDR was President.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Ah okay for some reason I thought FDR had 3 terms despite the 22nd amendment. Didn't know it came after he died.

Don't know if it's been asked. But are Chicago going to be granted qualification or the USA?

I hope not. After Chicago's disastrous Olympic bid, they don't deserve to host shit. Use that money instead on fixing their inner cities

Eila

Mexican guy said he'd try to negotiate to get more games. Hoping for at a least 2 QF matches, c'mon now.

Eila

The thing about Mexico taking these scraps is that we're basically waving the right to host a cup on our own in the next 50 years. I mean when it's time to host the cup in North America again who else is going to take it? Hope the WC doesn't become like the Olympics.

Lkr

This. New LA stadium and Azteca semis, BC Place 3rd place game, and finals in NYC are what I wanted.
Please please please put it at the coliseum and not the new stadium. The coliseum has history and should have modern amenities by 2026 now that USC owns it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom