• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS Plus May (Stick it to the Man, PES 2014, Limbo, Puppeteer)

Guess I'll keep waiting. I've heard great things about it, but the only kart racer I've ever loved was Crash Team Racing.

If you have any nostalgia for Sega, it's a no-brainer because it's also a great kart/plane/boat racer as well a Sega blue sky celebration. It's great fun in multiplayer, and has a nice drift/boost mechanic that feels a bit off at first but soon becomes natural.

Vamphuntr

Kind of regret getting PS+ only for vita games. Even EU had better games now. They had Muramasa and Dynasty Warriors while we are stuck with PSP and indie games ugh.

Shit I paid 7 bucks for puppeteer not long ago...

Guess that settles it, not even buying cheap games now.

lol I'm in the same boat, but I already onto SCEA's strategy of a firesale possibly leading to a PS+ offering, so I made it a point to finish and fully complete the game ASAP.

It stings a bit less when a game that appears for free on PS+ is a game which I already completed, rather than a game I own but have never touched yet

jmdajr

lol I'm in the same boat, but I already onto SCEA's strategy of a firesale possibly leading to a PS+ offering, so I made it a point to finish and fully complete the game ASAP.

It stings a bit less when a game that appears for free on PS+ is a game which I already completed, rather than a game I own but have never touched yet

I hear that!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If you have any nostalgia for Sega, it's a no-brainer because it's also a great kart/plane/boat racer as well a Sega blue sky celebration. It's great fun in multiplayer, and has a nice drift/boost mechanic that feels a bit off at first but soon becomes natural.

Nah, I've got very little history with Sega, but that can change. Hell, I don't have a lot of history with Nintendo, but Smash Bros can make me feel nostalgic.

I'm just hoping for fun gameplay the most.

Better month than April for me. That's not saying much though, since April literally had nothing for me.

Stick it to the Man (PS4) - Very pleased about this. The last two PS4 games (March and April) have been total duds. This game looks really interesting. Phew! Anyone know how long it is though? I've heard it's very short.

Puppeteer (PS3) - Solid entry. I have my doubts about whether or not I'll enjoy it much, but I've always wanted to try it.

Skullgirls Encore (PS3) - Completely uninterested.

Pro Evo Soccer 2014 (PS3) - Completely uninterested.

Overall, a pretty decent month; I'm just happy to see an improvement over last month.

I'd love to see Trine 2 be a PS+ game for PS4 soon. I tried the demo and really enjoyed it. I predict Beyond: Two Souls will be one of the games included in the PS3 annual refresh announced during e3. I wonder what the others will be. Maybe God of War: Ascension?

Cmagus

Very happy with next months games. I haven't played Puppeteer or Limbo and I'm interested in Stick It To The Man. Skullgirls I've been playing on PC but still I'd be glad to have it on PS3.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
i'll probably get skullgirls and whatever that ps4 game is since i literally have no games for this 400$ brick

857.gif

Krafter

Wow, ProEvo 2014 and Puppeteer make this month for me, but I will try them all save for Limbo, which I already have both on Vita and PC.

KalBalboa

Banned
plus on ps4 is worthless.

puppeteer for ps3 is pretty cool though

Online play, Resogun, discounts, Mercenary Kings, Don't Starve, etc, aren't adding up for you?

Having a PS3 & Vita makes it definitely worth the $4-5/mo alone, but the PS4 features are basically the icing on the cake for me.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Heh. Ya'll calling ps4 worthless have been spoiled. They aren't giving you full retail titles 6 months into launch. Be reasonable people.

Granted its IGN and everyone seems to talk down about them here. Their review for stick it to the man PC has me at least interested. Especially as someone who grew up playing Lucasarts and Sierra adventures.

The fact that Stick it to The Man! is not a Tim Schafer game absolutely blows my mind (and believe me, I mean that in the best way). Its endearingly off-beat characters and quirky sense of humor could easily be mistaken for something straight out of Psychonauts or Grim Fandango.

The basic setup even resembles Double Fine Productions’ latest effort, The Cave: though the 2D side-scrolling levels suggest it’s a platformer, the actual gameplay consists primarily of exploration, puzzle solving, and character interaction. You know, textbook adventure game stuff. It’s a formula we don’t see often enough, and one that Stick It executes with distinctive style, uncommonly excellent writing, and surprisingly self-assured game design.

Do a lot of Vita owners just not buy games anymore? Just weird to me that so many of them don't already have Muramasa.

PES is a surprise. Has a sports game ever come to Plus before?

RK128

Solid list of games :).

It will be nice to play Stick it to the Man on PS4 whenever I get one, getting a chance to play a soccer game is nice, and I can give Skull Girls a shot :). Own Limbo and Puppeteer (though I'm glad people can play these great games :)) and getting an up-ressed version of a good PS Mobile game is nice.

Overall solid update :).

Online play, Resogun, discounts, Mercenary Kings, Don't Starve, etc, aren't adding up for you?

Having a PS3 & Vita makes it definitely worth the $4-5/mo alone, but the PS4 features are basically the icing on the cake for me.

Love PS+ on the PS3, don't have a Vita but I haven't really cared for any of the PS4 games yet. Resogun is fun but I honestly haven't really played it since launch.

LakeEarth

Like others, I bought Puppeteer when it was $7 on PSN. While I don't regret it, it ended up not being my cup of tea. I like my 2D platformers fast and rewarding, not slow and talky. Graphics were amazing though.

Skullgirls, I own it but on Xbox so it's nice to have it on my PS3. And I always wanted to try Limbo. And the PS4 game sounds interesting. So all and all, a good month.

Why? The devs have made the rules that they'll give their games away for free. They made the game (how games are sold, not this specific title) and they made the rules of the game. Don't get mad at the guy you quoted because he's playing by the rules devs set.

It's not different than F2P imo. Some people say if you like it you should give them something. I say screw that. If you're the company that feels like games shouldn't be paid for, well that's a crazy proposition to someone like me who values games and grew up paying for them, but if that's the rule, hell I'll follow your rule. More money in my pocket.

The same goes for Steam sales. If the devs are telling me games are only worth $5, don't get mad at me for only pay $5. I'm doing exactly what they want.

So why am I subscribing to PS+ then? For games that suck and that I don't want?

If I want to be altruistic, I can find charities that are more deserving of my money. When it comes to consumerism, I think I will stick with rational self-interest.

No, guys... If the game if free, by all means, download it. Even sell your copy and download the free one. I don't have a problem with that.

I have a problem with people that choose not to buy a game to wait for it to be free.
If the guy never intended to buy Puppeteer, fine. He gets to experience it now. That's one of the great things about PS+.

But if he wanted to play puppeteer and decided not to pay for because, it will eventually be free on PS+, that's shitty. At least from my pov.

Marche90

Brazil gets Sly Cooper 4 in PES 2014's place.

Heh.

Not only Brazil. Mexico and the rest of Latin America gets Sly Cooper instead of PES, and Crossbuy to boot

NEAT! I don't like sports games xD

Also, OP, you might want to add that info, that Latin America gets a different game.

Can't wait for Surge Deluxe. I heard many good things about the PSM version of the game and I was thinking of buying it. Too bad I own the majority of the games in May.

Hubb

Will check out Surge Deluxe for Vita. I know absolutely nothing about it, and the only other thing that could be interesting is Puppeteer and
Stick it to the Man when I get a PS4.

Cess007

Brazil gets Sly Cooper 4 in PES 2014's place.

Heh.

Not only Brazil. Mexico and the rest of Latin America gets Sly Cooper instead of PES, and Crossbuy to boot

NEAT! I don't like sports games xD

Also, OP, you might want to add that info, that Latin America gets a different game.

I was really interested in PES over here, but it sucks for me that they took it out. I supposed that as Football is actually big over here, it wouldn't make sense to give away the game now that the Champions League is on it's final phase (and it's a PES exclusive mode) and the World Cup is around the corner.

Still sucks :<

tokkun

But if he wanted to play puppeteer and decided not to pay for because, it will eventually be free on PS+, that's shitty. At least from my pov.

Hold on...you may want to take a seat for this shocking revelation:

I also bought my PS+ membership when it was on sale!

That right, I bought the subscription when it was only $30, thereby giving Sony less than the maximum amount of money I could give them for the service!

I know, I know, I must appear monstrous to you already, but brace yourself because there is more villainry I must get off my chest: With the assistance of some similarly wretched souls, I have discovered the existence of a day known amongt our damned fellowship as "Black Friday" (likely named for the black hearts of the wicked scoundrels like me who take advantage of it) upon which the PS+ subscription is almost certain to be on sale! Armed with this infernal knowledge, I will actually delay purchasing renewals of my subscriptions so as to further deprive Sony of revenue!

It feels good to finally be able to confess these sins and achieve some measure of relief for the horrible weight they have placed upon my conscience. I hope some day to be able to cast aside my past and walk the path of exalted benificence in the footsteps of gamers like you.

I enjoyed puppeteer, too much going on screen and play cutscenes were too long, I wanted to just play, other then that it was fun.

Top Bottom