• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

jacobeid

Banned
Mine was canceled too. Whatever, I've had enough problems with Amazon that I'll now be doing all of my preorders with Best Buy.

Amazon sucks lately.

NotLiquid

Hm, I had mine ordered as an import through Videogamesplus.ca since I wasn't sure whether Europe was even going to get that edition back when it was announced. I hope things look well on that front.

Labrys

I swear to god, I took off work for this so i'm hoping this gets figured out or I'm gonna have to scramble and see if any places are gonna have the TYH edition for pre-order still.

MattVT

My TYH pre-order from June 2016 hasn't been cancelled yet. I'm in the U.S. (Virginia) if anyone is trying to keep track of order status by location.

R0ckman

Something seems off, we are hearing nothing but that one report from an Amazon rep that doesn't make sense.

Does Amazon support reps lying in sistuations like this? If this gets out of hand based off of that one rep, I'm assuming they are gone.

Mine got cancelled as well. Thought it was because of international shipping, surprised to see US customers are affected as well.

Very disappointed. Maybe time to go all digital.

Chris R

Mine got cancelled as well. Thought it was because of international shipping, surprised to see US customers are affected as well.

Very disappointed. Maybe time to go all digital.

At first I thought it was because they couldn't ship the steelbook to Alaska or something stupid like that.

I'd go digital but having a low data cap sucks. And I like the look of the steelbook (and the Prime discount).

P5 steelbook looks so sexy

The art itself is fine, but the way they zoomed in on it for the steelbook, and how the steelbook design unfortunately cuts through a particular character on this artwork, is not cool or sexy by any means.

The back of the Japanese 20th Anniversary Edition box, for comparison:

C7IsY8qWwAAOYNY.jpg:large

I wonder how this will be resolved...

Oh boy... I managed to pre-order the TYH edition for 70€ on amazon.fr due to a price error. I'm going to be so pissed if they cancel it.

What about that guy on reddit that got the TYH edition early though? His seems fine.

So, is this an US-only problem? Anyone from europe who ordered from their local amazon getting their order canceled? Mine is fine (Germany).

Capella

My Bestbuy Take Your Heart edition got cancelled.

If bestbuy orders are starting to get canceled then it will probably get cancelled at other retailers as well...

Not cancelled yet on Amazon but I guess I'll just get the regular edition if there are really defects.

Cancellation here. Atlus and Amazon lost a sale. All these companies want you to preorder and yet whenever I do, I always run into issues. Amazon messed up royally on my Switch order too. I'm done.

Wereroku

Even if they did, that sounds like something that could be fixed with a disclaimer.

"WARNING: Do NOT Lick this Steelbook"

Yeah but Amazon wouldn't be the one to do that they were send it back to the distributor to fix. Usually they would just delay the shipment to allow the inventory to be corrected. That they are cancelling them says something big is wrong.

Think it could be that some regional warehouses have bad batches? Would explain it not hitting everyone. My order says it's okay (midwest), hmm... the steelbook is still a thing I can add to cart on Amazon. Much confusion.

R0ckman

Think it could be that some regional warehouses have bad batches? Would explain it not hitting everyone. My order says it's okay (midwest), hmm... the steelbook is still a thing I can add to cart on Amazon. Much confusion.

Midwest here, mine hasnt been cancelled yet.

Top Bottom